The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
^^lol
Defense+ in Comodo dont even let any program inadvertantly modify your registry. Avira + Comodo rocks thats why. .

Avira with any registry guard utility is an excellent option..
but if u got infected, pl scan registry with anyother AV..

NOD32 ver 2.7 FTW!! :)
But if you ask me, you need common sense to prevent viruses from entering your PC. I mean, if you dont go looking for trouble, your PC wont fall into trouble :wink:
That, and I also use NoScript on FF for added protection :D

Angad singh

Broken In
hey guys i have a problem there is virus in my songs folder its "MALWARE-- Droppper"
its only detcted byavst and only wen i manually sacn it or copy songs to some external device and no other antivirus detects it i have also used "Spyware Doctor" "ThreaFire"
"Spybot" but no luck .... and avast gives me option of moving it to chest which actually moves to song to chest.. what can i do help me out..
replies will be appreciated...
i am attaching a pic of alert avast gives me

Infernal12

Sony Ericsson Lover
Download and run "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" (its free). One of the good A'virus programs. Be sure to update it before running. :)

mrintech

Technomancer
Have a Firewall, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Test, Read More here: *mrintech.com/test-the-effectiveness-of-your-firewall-anti-spyware-anti-virus-now

;)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
There's no option - Antiviruses suck!!!

In Windows, just use a limited user account, use NoScript + AdBlock Plus in Firefox or block scripts in Opera and use a Firewall-say Comodo. Disable Autorun. It's sufficient.

hey guys i have a problem there is virus in my songs folder its "MALWARE-- Droppper"
its only detcted byavst and only wen i manually sacn it or copy songs to some external device and no other antivirus detects it i have also used "Spyware Doctor" "ThreaFire"
"Spybot" but no luck .... and avast gives me option of moving it to chest which actually moves to song to chest.. what can i do help me out..
replies will be appreciated...
i am attaching a pic of alert avast gives me
Attachment not working. Upload it on imageshack and post the forum thumbnail code here.
Try booting in safe mode and then running your anti-virus and anti spyware scanner

D

Deleted member 26636

i wish to buy an antivirus software..preferably avira antivir premium or kaspersky antivirus 2009...what i want to know is -after 1 year when i have to renew my license for the product do i have to pay again?if so then how much?i do not have any online accounts or a credit card..so if i have to pay to renew then how can i do it?:confused:

You will need a paypal or credit card if you want to purchase online. Or you can buy the retail version. But may require online activation.

D

Deleted member 26636

You will need a paypal or credit card if you want to purchase online. Or you can buy the retail version. But may require online activation.

ok..but will i have to pay everytime i wish to renew my license?

DαrєDєvił

Right off the assembly line
As per my experiences.......Avira antivir is best...:cool:

i wish to buy an antivirus software..preferably avira antivir premium or kaspersky antivirus 2009...what i want to know is -after 1 year when i have to renew my license for the product do i have to pay again?if so then how much?i do not have any online accounts or a credit card..so if i have to pay to renew then how can i do it?:confused:

well frnd.......kaspersky is sluggish in terms of license matters.....:(

Last edited:
OP
Indyan

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Avira's cleaning really sucks. it cant even deal properly with popular worms like Kiddo. And its annoying as hell..imagine playing Fallout 3 and every 30 mins avira window popping up reminding me to update databases!

frontier2002

Broken In
Avira's cleaning really sucks. it cant even deal properly with popular worms like Kiddo. And its annoying as hell..imagine playing Fallout 3 and every 30 mins avira window popping up reminding me to update databases!

you are right...i thought i am the only one experiencing umbrella popping up even if there is no rains haha...it is damn annoying as hell. Can you imagine every morning whenever i open my pc in the office..it stops me a while waiting for the umbrella to do its job. No trojans, No worms, No Virus, and most importantly no rains at all

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
Every time I plug my 2gb pen drive into the usb socket and try to access it Kaspersky says warning- a virus has been detected.I remove it to chest, and next time the same problem when I plug it in again.Also if I plug my mobile memory card in it also tells me a virus has been detected! the same one.the virus description is

Win32:Kido.ih:autorun.inf
k:\RECYCLER\S-5-3-42-2819952290-8240758988-879315005-3665\jwgkvsq.vmx

I have tried formatting the usb drive, but nothing gets rid of it, please help......i am giving a pic of it...

*img6.imageshack.us/img6/3034/croppercapture17.jpg

OP
Indyan

Indyan

Here Since 2003
You are infected with kido worm.
Try

*data2.kaspersky-labs.com:8080/special/KidoKiller_v3.3.2.zip [More info : *support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279973 ]
*www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Net-Worm-Win32-Kido-Remover.shtml or
*www.spywarevoid.com/download/sdsetup.exe or *www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-1000462-en--Win32.Worm.Downadup.Gen.html
And then download and install WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-ENU patch.
*www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS08-067.mspx

More info : *antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?p=51897

If none of these work post about it in the kaspersky forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom