The Next Game in the Batman: Arkham Series

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
This is an interesting story. Will open a lot of room for an exciting storyline. :)

Video games based on comic book superheroes often breed mixed results, but it’s hard to deny that Batman has been very well-serviced as of late. Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City have proven both critically and commercially successful, so the only question now is what direction they will take with the next instalment. The ending of Batman:Arkham City left the door open for another game, however there is a rumor circulating that Rocksteady might be taking the series on a little detour into the past. Could our next dark and dirty Batman experience be a prequel?

The source of this rumor is an article published in Variety, in which they discuss the new direction that Warner Bros. is planning on taking with the Rocksteady Studios video game series. Rather than a direct continuation of the Arkham plot line, they would be looking at taking the series back to the “Silver Age” era of the 1950s DC Comics series. This would cover two pivotal events in the Batman universe: the formation of the Justice League of America and his first meeting with The Joker. The move to potentially switch gears comes after the success of The Avengers at the box office, so this could be the product of a “strike while the iron is hot” mentality. A blockbuster Justice League movie, coupled with a high profile video game, could prove very profitable indeed.

The Justice League was formed when Batman teamed up with other superheroes including Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. The characters from Justice League have made their video game appearences this year in Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, and the Joker was the main villain in both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Combining both of those elements is what makes this rumor so intriguing, as the possibilities for both a rich storyline and a diverse roster of playable characters is something fans would no doubt love.

At this point, this is all unsubstantiated rumor. We have reached out to Warner Bros. for comment and we will update this story when we have a response.

Source

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
the Batman Devs should learn from Nolan - "No need to release a movie every year, release it once in 3-4 years and make people remember it for the same period rather than shelling out games yearly and making gamers forget it in a month"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
read about this sometime ago. And they did the right move by trying to go into the past of Batman as that will allow story to expand and they can take help from DC universe stories.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
the Batman Devs should learn from Nolan - "No need to release a movie every year, release it once in 3-4 years and make people remember it for the same period rather than shelling out games yearly and making gamers forget it in a month"

+1. your right

gameranand

Living to Play
A new game is ok but it shouldn't be this soon. If possible they could have started a new project rather than making squels.

vaibhav23

In the zone
^+1
BTW i had read some days back some where that rather than making an arkham based game they would make a game on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I think I read it on TE

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
read about this sometime ago. And they did the right move by trying to go into the past of Batman as that will allow story to expand and they can take help from DC universe stories.

I agree with you sam. They are expanding the series in the right direction.

So another game going in yearly mill.

Abhishek i don't think the devs has given a timeline for the game's release. They were just sharing their thoughts. This might release this in fall 2013 or maybe even 2014 and its a perfect time imo.

gameranand

Living to Play
No I am not saying that any Batman game is bad or I am sad after seeing this news. Its just that I want something new rather than sequels and prequels.

abhidev

Human Spambot
^+1
BTW i had read some days back some where that rather than making an arkham based game they would make a game on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I think I read it on TE

yea...even I read it sometime ago that they will be working on the Ninja turtles game

Top Bottom