The Mutual Funds Investment Thread

icebags

Technomancer
i was also thinking of investing some amount in foreign stocks though mf.
any different rules/practices need to be followed for these mf investments ?

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice. I started on PGIM India Flexi Cap.

Though the markets don't look too good right now.
When the market's don't look good it is time to invest. Market always looks good when it goes up. It always goes up and down never linear. Ignore the news, just invest.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Started SIP on ICICI Prudential Technology Direct Plan Growth :)
In my noob opinion it is a good fund, some experts feel it is a risky fund because it only invests in one sector IT (sectoral fund) The fund has given good returns over 5 years. I regret not investing in it when I started.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So, let's say you want to cash out, do you have to then make multiple withdrawals in 50k amounts?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You guys mean to say if we want to invest in US based firms then buying stock is the only option? Nothing like Mutual Funds?
Nope. Multi Cap funds are there. What you can do is check every Multi Cap fund in Groww App and there you will get what foreign companies they invest in.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has the ban on foreign outflow lifted? I remember that PPFAS said they will invest in domestic stocks till SEBI increases the limit for foreign stock or something.
No & I actually forgot about this thinking PPFAS readjusted their portfolio to accommodate new investors. Let me check with some others regarding this & then will update here.
@icebags

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody here used INDmoney for investing in American stocks? Saw their ad. recently.
Seen some online comments & it seems good for a casual testing of investing in foreign market but far from considering as a serious investment route like Parag Parikh overseas MF used to be before new RBI limit restricting such MFs.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Man when SEBI will reopen the international options for Parag Parikh. I have been waiting for so long! The US market is down since last few months and I could only watch it. Missed such a massive opportunity.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Man when SEBI will reopen the international options for Parag Parikh. I have been waiting for so long! The US market is down since last few months and I could only watch it. Missed such a massive opportunity.
I have reduced sips in this fund for now.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have some 50k in hand to invest and thinking to invest it in liquid funds, because I don't want to invest in long term and can withdraw full amount anytime and invest in another liquid fund if needed. Any pointers what kind of fund will be good. Or should I look at options other than liquid funds altogether? How is small cap for better returns?
I am looking at liquid funds only to have the flexibility to withdraw same day, if I can withdraw within 4-5 days, would not be an issue.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have some 50k in hand to invest and thinking to invest it in liquid funds, because I don't want to invest in long term and can withdraw full amount anytime and invest in another liquid fund if needed. Any pointers what kind of fund will be good. Or should I look at options other than liquid funds altogether? How is small cap for better returns?
I am looking at liquid funds only to have the flexibility to withdraw same day, if I can withdraw within 4-5 days, would not be an issue.
How long is your "short term"? You can get 6% interest on it in equitas bank savings acc if you keep at least additional 1 lakh there(3.5% on 1 lakh & 6% on amount over & above 1 lakh). You can also get 6.6% interest on it for a 9 months/1 year fd in that bank too.

Top Bottom