The Mutual Funds Investment Thread

mitraark

Decrepit
Do it at 5% too. Don't wait for 10. Lots of folks wait for rock bottom then miss out.
Im currently doing only Debt SIPs equal to half mysalary since last year. 5% from ATH is 17100 which is still too high imo. Ill convert the debt to equities when Nifty falls below 100/200 DMA

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
I understand now that trading is very risky and how one loses lot of money there. Any negative stories from other kind of investments like MF, PPF, FD, Gold, Bonds or something similar? Just asking here to learn things about dos-and-donts. There must be some points which everyone will warn against.
There must be some points which everyone will warn against : That is starting late.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I am a total noob in this stock market thing, but I want to try it once.

Any good video/article/resource suggestions which can help someone who does not even know what stocks is?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a total noob in this stock market thing, but I want to try it once.

Any good video/article/resource suggestions which can help someone who does not even know what stocks is?
If you are a total noob then stick to good rated Mutual Funds. I suggest below MF with SIP of at least around 10-15% of your monthly income & don't think of it as some sort of 3 or 5 years FD so even if value goes down don't panic & sell. After 10 years+ this will give good returns because unlike traditional MF it is based on nifty index which means it will always invest in only top 50 companies that make up nifty index at that time.
*groww.in/mutual-funds/sbi-nifty-index-fund-direct-growth

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*zerodha.com/varsity/

If you really are interested in learning then this is a good free resource.
That is indeed very good but it is too detailed for a casual user, for someone looking to invest in MFs & not willing to invest too much time & energy juggling portfolios 2-3 good MFs or a good index MF is all that is required.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW, how liquid are MFs? You can withdraw any arbitrary amount at any time?
MFs are always liquid except for debt MFs in trouble(like what happened with Franklin Templeton debt MFs).
*economictimes.indiatimes.com/mf/an...asco-after-two-years/articleshow/90992937.cms

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How do you guys invest in US market like Google, Amazon?
On the side note, everything is in red! All the investment of last year is almost sitting with NIL profit. This is scary.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How do you guys invest in US market like Google, Amazon?
On the side note, everything is in red! All the investment of last year is almost sitting with NIL profit. This is scary.
MultiCap MF(s) invests in US markets or else you can buy Shares from Nasdaq, NYSE

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Friendly reminder that we have a separate thread to discuss stock trading: Stock trading discussion

Also, this thread is sticky now.

Top Bottom