The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

MadDawg

Right off the assembly line
Should i go for the 1 gb 740M or the 2 gb?Do you get like more fps on the 2 gb? I know only a few games use more than 1 gb. So just wanted to check. Will be getting this in 2 to 3 days.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Can any one from mumbai tell me where can i get Z500 (1gb) at a price lower than flipkart
check lamington road, but there are many fraudsters better to check at croma, or vijay sales or reliance digital.

Last edited:

farlaks

Broken In
My dad wont buy me from lamington. I checked in reliance digital, arcee, croma but its not there.
Some other place/shop u can suggest?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Should i go for the 1 gb 740M or the 2 gb?Do you get like more fps on the 2 gb? I know only a few games use more than 1 gb. So just wanted to check. Will be getting this in 2 to 3 days.

Buy the 1gb one... 64 bit 740m can't use more 512mb from my knowledge.... but people seem to be claiming theres some kind of change in architecture there... given the improvement... i still wouldn't imagine it using a complete gb. 2gb is just marketing gimmik

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
nope, don't go for 2 Gb model..... the games which take up more than 1Gb of gpu will not run anyways coz the mobile GPU's are not that powerful.
Assassins creed 3 is taking up little more than 500Mb @ 720p and high details... crysis 3 takes around 760Mb on very high...
moreover you can increase the RAM as one slot is empty in 1Gb model :)

farlaks

Broken In
Tried few stores including a lenovo store, no one has z500. :-(

Any help sugestn ? Any1 from mumbai?

Any help sugestn ? Any1 from mumbai?

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Guys I am facing a problem with my Z500 ... My battery is stuck at 59% .. says Connected but not Charging :| WTF is wrong with it :!

vinais

Right off the assembly line
My dad wont buy me from lamington. I checked in reliance digital, arcee, croma but its not there.
Some other place/shop u can suggest?

I'd come across one in Croma in the RCITY Mall in Ghatkopar. You might wanna check there.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Bought this beauty today.... Just awesome...
welcome to the club mate:cool:

Yeah will do that I guess :(

ok .. corrected it .. Suggest me a cooling pad
Don't buy El cheapo cooling pads... they are not vey effective.....
as for the cooling pad to work best, look for the pad whose fan is directly below the air intake vent of the laptop, so as to provide best efficiency... Look for the ones in the market so that you get demo of the product

savvy

Broken In
Guys, how to get the Rs 2000 gift voucher ??? Please guide me step by step...

My laptop is only 4 days old and HWMonitor is showing 5% battery wear level... What to do now ???:-x

Ruben

Broken In
I have facing one problem on my z500...it takes 5-6mins to shut down....
is it because i replaced the graphics driver with latest one????
ne solutions ??

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
try to boot into safemode and then shutdown... if it takes less than a minute to shutdown then some process is stalling the shutdown process

Top Bottom