The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
Thanks rohitshubham. A new problem I found about this laptop is that it has REPLACEABLE BATTERY?!! :shock: How to coupe up with that!
Like what if the battery goes wrong? Can we replace it??
Also, most of the time I am at home. I don't need to run it on battery then right? SO, mostly, what people do is remove the battery and run the machine on AC. This increases battery's life. But, this is totally not possible in this laptop right?!!

goutham897

Right off the assembly line
aftr a long specs & review based search i finaly decided to buy lenovo z500 59-380480 wid 1GB nvidia GT740.
surely i'l b playing games. can anyone plz tell me abt its temps during gameplay. does it hv any heating issues.
hwz outdoor display quality, battery back up, does it hv capslock indiicator(yes/not), hardswitch 4r graphic card shifting, hard switch for wifi,is it possible in this model to turn of turbo boost of i5. heard dat lenovo customer care is really disgusting. those who owned it what do you say ?

plz rply me.
thanks in advance

debarshi

Otaku
I'm getting this Lappy tommorow at 45k...

How many days does it take for the 2k coupon to arrive? And what did you guys use it for?

And tell me, how to install SSD in this lappy..

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks rohitshubham. A new problem I found about this laptop is that it has REPLACEABLE BATTERY?!! :shock: How to coupe up with that!
Like what if the battery goes wrong? Can we replace it??
Also, most of the time I am at home. I don't need to run it on battery then right? SO, mostly, what people do is remove the battery and run the machine on AC. This increases battery's life. But, this is totally not possible in this laptop right?!!
yup, its not possible, you have to go to service center to get the battery changed.

aftr a long specs & review based search i finaly decided to buy lenovo z500 59-380480 wid 1GB nvidia GT740.
surely i'l b playing games. can anyone plz tell me abt its temps during gameplay. does it hv any heating issues.
hwz outdoor display quality, battery back up, does it hv capslock indiicator(yes/not), hardswitch 4r graphic card shifting, hard switch for wifi,is it possible in this model to turn of turbo boost of i5. heard dat lenovo customer care is really disgusting. those who owned it what do you say ?

plz rply me.
thanks in advance
evrery thing has been discussed on the previous pages of this thread, kindly go through them.
outdoor display qualty is not very good,it has a capslock indicator , not a key for switching GPU, you can turn off/on wifi+bluetooth using aeroplane mode key, yes you can disable/enable turbo boost.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm getting this Lappy tommorow at 45k...

How many days does it take for the 2k coupon to arrive? And what did you guys use it for?

And tell me, how to install SSD in this lappy..
refer to page 41 of this guide to remove HDD and replace SSD
*download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_z500p500_hmm_1st_edition_sep_2012_english.pdf
it takes 7-12 days approx

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
Hey anybody knows the FPS for Crysis 3? Please don't post notebookcheck.net FPS. I need FPS from you guys like those who have played the game. Or whose friends have played it in their Z500

Gtb93

In the zone
So higher clock speeds employed by nvidia, yet the bandwidth is limiting.
Is this gamble working?

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
Don't worry gtb93 It's clocked faster than the GK107. Overall it's pretty much the same, more or less. In some games the GK107 wins, in the rest, the GK208 does. In par with 645M, more or less.

Hey I want to ask you, if you know. I am from Pune too. Where can you find this laptop at a cheap price?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^dude, i have't seen a single game which has less FPS than the 128 bit version , The FPS are almost comparable/higher to the GK 107 version

debarshi

Otaku
I just got this lappy....... Will post pics soon...... :grin:
Now I need a li'l help.... What are the drivers I should be updating, as most of the drivers from the Lenovo software are from June '13 and is already updated in my lappy. Do I need to check other sites?

And, when I check the Lenovo site/Nvidia driver update check in about menu....I get an output saying there's no update available. But in the Nvidia's official site, an update ins available, prolly 3.20...Should I update that? And can I get webcam gestures to play/pause music and other actions?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
I just got this lappy....... Will post pics soon...... :grin:
Now I need a li'l help.... What are the drivers I should be updating, as most of the drivers from the Lenovo software are from June '13 and is already updated in my lappy. Do I need to check other sites?

And, when I check the Lenovo site/Nvidia driver update check in about menu....I get an output saying there's no update available. But in the Nvidia's official site, an update ins available, prolly 3.20...Should I update that? And can I get webcam gestures to play/pause music and other actions?
you could update the BIOS . The latest version is 1.18 , and i guess the lappy came with 1.17 .
And i reccomend not to update the Nvidia drives which are not provided by lenovo

savvy

Broken In
Regsiter on Redemption Offer and upload the documents like scanned copy of bill etc.. and fill the details..... after few days roughly 10-15, they will send you a coupon code which can be used...
Guys i don't know what i am doing wrong but i am really facing difficulties to register my product... they ask for model number & no matter what i enter, it always remain in the same page... what do you enter in the model number ??? Now it is becoming very frustrating...

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
^^dude, i have't seen a single game which has less FPS than the 128 bit version , The FPS are almost comparable/higher to the GK 107 version

The GK107 might outperform in highest resolution and very demanding games like BF3. Just speculating though.... not really sure
And the notebookcheck.net FPS are not very reliable, just in case if you are comparing their scores

Top Bottom