The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

Simplon

Broken In
Friends! For those who are unaware, we can also pay the 1099/- amount online as well. You will get the online payment link in the confirmation / validation mail after your uploaded docs are validated. So why waste DD commission, postage charges etc. You will get payment successful mail immediately as well.

Note: Very few popular banks in Net banking option. (No SBI,ICICI,ING). But you can pay through your Maestro, Cirrus, Mastercard debitcards.

amanece2008

Broken In
There is a way to get rid of those black borders. Also watchdog needed more than 2gb vram too I guess.

yup there is
tried and got stress in my eyes within 2-3 mins..
basically to increase the aspect ratio just zoom the portion of the screen to fit in the screen,,
i did and already told what the result was..suggest you to atleast try & play that game..
ABOUT WATCHDOGS.. THEY SAY IT NEEDS 2GB+ ,,I WAS PLAYING THE GAME @ ALMOST ULTRA (HIGH<SETTINGS<ULTRA),,WAS GETTING ~35+ FPS...DON'T KNOW IF EXTRA 2GB VRAM CAN GET THAT FPS BETTER OR NOT...SHOULD ASK WHO HAS PLAYED ON HIS 4GB VARIANT...

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
yup there is
tried and got stress in my eyes within 2-3 mins..
basically to increase the aspect ratio just zoom the portion of the screen to fit in the screen,,
i did and already told what the result was..suggest you to atleast try & play that game..
ABOUT WATCHDOGS.. THEY SAY IT NEEDS 2GB+ ,,I WAS PLAYING THE GAME @ ALMOST ULTRA (HIGH<SETTINGS<ULTRA),,WAS GETTING ~35+ FPS...DON'T KNOW IF EXTRA 2GB VRAM CAN GET THAT FPS BETTER OR NOT...SHOULD ASK WHO HAS PLAYED ON HIS 4GB VARIANT...

If you have the 2 GB version and want to see the difference between 4 GB and 2 GB then go to Options----->Display(1st option) and then change Textures to Ultra.
This setting will not reduce your FPS but instead do something much more heinous. Compare High and Ultra Textures too.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Friends! For those who are unaware, we can also pay the 1099/- amount online as well. You will get the online payment link in the confirmation / validation mail after your uploaded docs are validated. So why waste DD commission, postage charges etc. You will get payment successful mail immediately as well.

Note: Very few popular banks in Net banking option. (No SBI,ICICI,ING). But you can pay through your Maestro, Cirrus, Mastercard debitcards.

this offer still available?? i cant find it

Simplon

Broken In
this offer still available?? i cant find it

Yes! Check lenovopromo.net.
Offer Period:28th September 2014 to 26th October 2014(limited period offer). The Product needs to be purchased from Lenovo Business Partners in India within this offer period. The online registration for the extended warranty needs to be completed by 15th November 2014 on the offer website.

techbulb

eUREKA...
Bought Lenovo Y50 4GB variant for 75K. It has got Chei-Mei display. Awesome sound. Uninstalling all the bloatware right now! Partitioned the HDD using Promethius guide.
got Y50 today can't seem to find the Promethius guide can some one give me a link.
suggest some good softwares that i should install.

amanece2008

Broken In
if you have the 2 gb version and want to see the difference between 4 gb and 2 gb then go to options----->display(1st option) and then change textures to ultra.
This setting will not reduce your fps but instead do something much more heinous. Compare high and ultra textures too.

what are you comparing watch dogs or evil within?
Evil within graphics are dumb..i must say ..on pc

amanece2008

Broken In
if you have the 2 gb version and want to see the difference between 4 gb and 2 gb then go to options----->display(1st option) and then change textures to ultra.
This setting will not reduce your fps but instead do something much more heinous. Compare high and ultra textures too.

checked watch dogs..
Says 2gb card reqd @ medium texture & 3gb card @ ultra..
Fps is same in both the cases//

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
checked watch dogs..
Says 2gb card reqd @ medium texture & 3gb card @ ultra..
Fps is same in both the cases//

Told ya! FPS remains same in both cases. However, you must be experiencing huge lag every 30 secs or so. This happens when the vRAM is cleared to put in more textures which serves as a bottleneck.

Nancydig

Right off the assembly line
can anyone please let me know what wifi card is coming with 4GB version?

I will appreciate if someone can take screenshot and share here for better understanding of the wifi model.

It can be viewed on device manager under Network Adapters,Steps->Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Identify Your Intel Wireless Adapter and Driver Version Number

rishi_sethi

Journeyman

I will appreciate if someone can take screenshot and share here for better understanding of the wifi model.

It can be viewed on device manager under Network Adapters,Steps->Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Identify Your Intel Wireless Adapter and Driver Version Number

Mine is the Realtek rtl8723be. Y50 4gb version.

Nancydig

Right off the assembly line

Mine is the Realtek rtl8723be. Y50 4gb version.

Thanks,Can anyone confirm if its same for everyone?screenshots will be appreciated.

Simplon

Broken In
got Y50 today can't seem to find the Promethius guide can some one give me a link.
suggest some good softwares that i should install.

You can find it in this very thread in page 12. Else here's the link anyway.Disk Partitioning Stock Y510P Setup - Easy Way - Lenovo Community

Also read subsequent pages 13,.. for few clarifications by promethius.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,Can anyone confirm if its same for everyone?screenshots will be appreciated.

Yes! Its the Realtek one in mine as well.

techbulb

eUREKA...
You can find it in this very thread in page 12. Else here's the link anyway.Disk Partitioning Stock Y510P Setup - Easy Way - Lenovo Community

Also read subsequent pages 13,.. for few clarifications by promethius.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! Its the Realtek one in mine as well.
here screenshot
of my device manager *i62.tinypic.com/2whnspe.jpg
thanks for the partition guide can you help me optimize my laptop because its not performing as fast startup time is over 1 min and can you tell some useful softwares i should install and which softwares should i remove(bloatware). this my first personally bought laptop last laptop was my dads old laptop and before a desktop.

Last edited:

vineetpratik

Broken In
Got my extended warranty a week ago after making lot of calls to retailer , then area manager , then zonal head...! took about a month or so .
I purchased it on 14th August

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
guys you all please post the prices you purchased it for i am currently getting the least at 73k i thought in diwali prices would go as low to 68-69k but they didnt

GiMMiG

Broken In
Guys,

I need your help.

I feel that my laptop runs pretty warm under normal usage. I checked the temperature using core temp and it ranges between 45c to 61c. Also, the WSAD keys and the area just where the keyboard ends is pretty warm too. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Top Bottom