The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

techbulb

eUREKA...
I bought my Y50 from Kolkata on 27th Sept, got it for 74k (no goodies).

Then they asked me to register at lenovopromo.net, which I did on 2nd Oct.

There website is showing 'For the offer ending on the 28th of September customers can register till the 10th of October 2014'

I have already registered and got a ticket number, but no notification as of yet. What can I do?

Tried calling on 08032467455, no one picks it up :(
Extended warranty offer is from 28th September 2014 to 26th October 2014 with registration upto 15th November 2014

LENOVO “DIWALI” OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms & conditions apply to the Lenovo “Diwali” Offer (“the Offer”) by Lenovo India Pvt Ltd. (“Lenovo” or “the Company”) to its end customer (“the customer”, “you”, “your”).
Please Read & Understand the Terms & conditions given below:

1) The Lenovo DiwaliOffer provides the below offers for selected products purchased by end customers during the Offer Period.

1 Year additional warranty worth INR 1999 + power bank – worth INR 4599 (Pay INR 1999) (The above offer is applicable to Entry Level Products)
2 Year additional warranty worth INR 4499 + power bank – worth INR 4599 (Pay INR 1099) (The above offer is applicable to Mainstream and Premium Product.
2) Offer Period:28th September 2014 to 26th October 2014(limited period offer). The Product needs to be purchased from Lenovo Business Partners in India within this offer period. The online registration for the extended warranty needs to be completed by 15th November 2014 on the offer website.

3) The extended warranty coverage means 2 years extended CUSTOMER CARRY IN WARRANTY. The extended warranty shall commence from date of expiry of the one year LENOVO LIMITED WARRANTY applicable for the Product.

4) The Lenovo CUSTOMER CARRY IN WARRANTY shall be governed by the terms and conditions provided along with the Product and / or available at www.lenovo.com/warranty.

5) The Offer is applicable on selected products & MTM’s.

6) For availing the Offer, eligible customers need to register in the online portal Lenovo Promo by agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Offer. The website shall be open for registration only during the Offer Period and no further claims shall be entertained beyond the Offer Period.

7) For registration, you need to login your claim with the serial number of the Product purchased, your contact information and also upload the scanned copy of invoice, scanned copy of serial number which can be found on the outer box of the device.

8) After successful completion of the registration process, the customer receives an automated registration mail along with a Ticket Number.A second Email intimation is sent out after validation of all documents. This includes the payment details for a valid registration, else a rejection letter is sent for invalid registrations stating the reason for rejection.

9) Below are the TAT for the validation process.

The customer receives his warranty Extension Certificate Within 30 days of his registration ( Valid Registrations )
Customers are updated about the status of the registration (Valid / Invalid / WIP) within 2 working days of registration.
The warranty extension certificate is emailed to the customer within 14 working days of receiving the payment and the goodies are couriered to him within 7 working days of successful payment receipt.
After receiving the communication stating payment details, (for valid registrations) the customer has to send the DD or make an online payment within the next 7 days.
If the DD/Online payment is not received within 7 days the case is moved to WIP. The customer is given a maximum period of another 7 days to send the DD/Online failing which he registration is cancelled.
Once the above case is moved from WIP to valid, the customer receives his warranty extension within 2 weeks from the date the payment is received.
10) For Escalations, issues/information on delivery customer can contact the Customer Support help line/toll free number 1800 3000 9990 or send an Email to enquiry@lenovopromo.net

11) The confirmation time for the Warranty Extension under the Diwali Offer would be maximum 3 weeks from the day of document validation.

12) Lenovo will not entertain any direct enquiries from customer towards this offer. Queries need to be routed to the company’s Authorized Business Partners from whom the product has been purchased. In case of escalations please use the above given contact co - ordinates.

13) Lenovo reserves the right to verify the sale at any point whenever Lenovo considers that there is any breach of the terms & conditions. In such cases Lenovo has the right to refuse / discontinue the benefit of this Offer.

14) Lenovo reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or withdraw this promotion or its term and conditions without assigning any reason or giving any prior notice.

15) Customers are not bound in any manner to participate in this Offer. All Products of Lenovo are also available without the Offer, at the regular prices.

16) This Offer is NOT valid for any organizational purchases, educational institutes or special price clearance cases and also not valid for purchases made by company’s Business Partners, National Distributors or company’s Employees including their relatives and family members.

17) Purchases made from online website www.thedostore.comare eligible to avail the Lenovo Diwalioffer.

18) Flipkart Purchase – if a customer purchases a machine from WS Retail “only” then he will be eligible for Lenovo Diwali Offer.

19) Amazon Purchase – If a customer purchases a machine from Rocky Marketing “only” then he will be eligible for Lenovo Diwali Offer.

20) Purchases made from the Online Retail Website “Croma” are eligible to avail the Diwali offer.

21) The offer is not applicable for purchases made from any other online websites apart from the ones mentioned above. Thus purchases from websites “Snapdeal, ShopClues, Ebay, Myntra, Jabong, Yupme etc. are not eligible under the offer.

22) This Offer cannot be clubbed with any other end-customer offer run by Lenovo during the same / earlier period.

23) No cash or credit alternatives will be offered.

24) Lenovo accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any third party claims, consequential loss or indirect damage resulting from this offer. The maximum liability of Lenovo under Diwali Offer shall be limited to the cost of 2 years Diwali pack.

25) This offer is valid only till the availability of the stock of Products.

26) The decision of Lenovo, on any matters in relation to or arising from the Offer shall be final and binding.

27) All disputes would be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Bangalore, Karnataka.

28) To avail the offer the customer with valid registrations will have to make a payment of INR 1999/- OR INR 1099/-. Payment should made through Online or a DD draw in favor of “Kestone Integrated Marketing Services Pvt Ltd”.

29) If a customer fails to send a DD/ Unique transaction ID of his Online Payment within 7 days then his registration is moved to WIP status. The customer is given a maximum buffer period of additional 7 days failing which the registration will be cancelled.

30) The warranty extension under the above scenario will be emailed to the customer within 14 days of the payment receipt.

31) The DD should be couriered to the following address within 7 days of receiving the email communication stating the payment details.

Program Manager, Lenovo Promo Offer
Kestone Integrated Marketing Services Pvt Ltd
12/1 Palace cross road, Vasanthnagar
Bangalore – 560020. Ph: +91 80 32467455.

It is important to note that the customer must mention his Ticket Number, Serial Number and Mobile Number behind the DD.

32) The visuals shown as a part of the offer are only indicative and may not be the actual representation of the product.

33) Customers purchasing Products of the below mentioned series which are manufactured on or after 2014/01/01 (YYYY/MM/DD) are eligible to avail the Lenovo Diwali offer.

Products Eligible for the Offer (on select Series)

Z series
a. Z5070
b. Z510
c. Z500
Y series
a. Y5070
b. Y510 P
G series
a. G5070
b. G400 S Touch
c. G4030
d. G405
e. G500 / G500 S
f. G5030
g. G5045
h. G505 / G505 S
Yoga series
a. Yoga 2 13
Flex series
a. Flex 14
b. Flex 2 14
c. Flex 2 14D
d. Flex 10
S series
a. S 510 P
b. S 210 Touch

LYNX

Bigj

New to this forum
I bought mine yesterday, the 4gb version from lenovo store in delhi at 74000. It comes with 1 yr warranty and 1 year accidental protection.
Now I need to send a DD of rs 1099 to lenovo bangalore to get 2 years extended warranty and a lenovo powerbank of 10000 mAh.
Will do it soon.

and No, no other laptop with similar power even under 1 lakh.

P.S- I got the Chei-Mei display. contrary to popular belief, after calibration, it looks better than the auo one (Maybe i am a bit partial :p)
But it is no way a poor display, viewing angles suck but colors look good after calibration. Much better screen than my old laptop.

Bought mine from same area as u...same deal same goodies...dunno if same store or not...still dont have games to test the beast...all my data got lost with old pc...:cry:

nitinvertigo

Broken In
I registered my laptop on 1st of October and yesterday I got a mail saying that my documents are validated and I have to pay Rs1099 within 7 days or else my registration will be cancelled. But nowhere in this thread I saw anyone being asked for payment. Did anyone else get the same mail? If so can we send the DD thru speed post or only thru courier ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys yesterday I updated my 4GB version Y 50's nvidia drivers and boy the performance leap was phenomenal!!! Now I can play watchdogs with ultra settings at constant 30fps avg(i felt it to be a lot smoother that before). Also many games like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 have become more smoother than before.

Does anyeone have any idea whether we can use gamestream on our gtx 860m??

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I registered my laptop on 1st of October and yesterday I got a mail saying that my documents are validated and I have to pay Rs1099 within 7 days or else my registration will be cancelled. But nowhere in this thread I saw anyone being asked for payment. Did anyone else get the same mail? If so can we send the DD thru speed post or only thru courier ?

Laptops bought after 28 September will only get the extended warranty on paying 1099 dd. Plus you will get a lenovo 10000mAh power bank worth some 4000 which will be couriered to you once they receive your dd and encash it.

jakephilips

Broken In
Hey all I cnt believe I noticed this only now but my "Y"- key on the keypad has a crack on it! It becomes very visible wen im sitting in a dark room with the keypad lit. Will lenovo replace the key for me? Any suggestions??

nitinvertigo

Broken In
I am facing a strange issue. While checking my GPU info in GPU-Z, the Bandwidth section initially shows the correct value i.e. 80.2 but after sometime (10seconds) the value changes to unknown. Also under the sensors tab, all the values like core clock, temperature, load etc are zero. sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds the correct values are shown but then they again become zero. I am running driver 344.11. below are some screenshots.

View attachment 14866
View attachment 14867

GiMMiG

Broken In
Hey all I cnt believe I noticed this only now but my "Y"- key on the keypad has a crack on it! It becomes very visible wen im sitting in a dark room with the keypad lit. Will lenovo replace the key for me? Any suggestions??

if your laptop is only a week old, don't waste a single minute. Call Lenovo and claim DOA and get a refund or a new piece. If you can't reach them through the phone, report the issue through their website so that you have it documented.

If your laptop is more than a week old, then the only option you have is to get it repaired or get the keyboard replaced.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am facing a strange issue. While checking my GPU info in GPU-Z, the Bandwidth section initially shows the correct value i.e. 80.2 but after sometime (10seconds) the value changes to unknown. Also under the sensors tab, all the values like core clock, temperature, load etc are zero. sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds the correct values are shown but then they again become zero. I am running driver 344.11. below are some screenshots.

View attachment 14866
View attachment 14867

You need to stress the GPU a little for it to remain in performance mode. Try playing a game in windowed mode and then check GPU Z

sanket_gupta96

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,
I actually paid through online banking (Rs. 1099 that we have to pay for 3 yr extended warranty and power bank) . i got a mail from atomtech that my payment was successful but no mail from lenovo's side. Anyone here who paid through online banking please help.

Thanks !!!

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
Can anyone please send me the link to lenovo settings that comes with this laptop. I tried but could not find any. So if any one can help.

I bought the Y50 last week and faced this problem too. Basically the lenovo settings application that came preinstalled is a deprecated version, they have since replaced it with a metro app which you can search for in the windows store. Check here for more details.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I heard few wifi issues in the machine,Any reviews on its wifi card?

Wifi card is not the best wifi card you will get in a gaming laptop. I haven't faced any issues while normal browsing, youtubing etc.
But while gaming online on Fifa 15, there is a slight delay sometimes, like once or twice every hour when ping goes as high as 700ms when it is usually ~200ms for me. Used to happen with my pc's external wifi adapter too. But no such issue on my friend's alienware.

So if you game online religiously, you should be using an Ethernet cable anyways.

I haven't had a dropped connection even once till now on this wifi card. Though the range sometimes bounce between 3 bars and 4 bars.

nitinvertigo

Broken In
Hello Guys,
I actually paid through online banking (Rs. 1099 that we have to pay for 3 yr extended warranty and power bank) . i got a mail from atomtech that my payment was successful but no mail from lenovo's side. Anyone here who paid through online banking please help.

Thanks !!!

Write a mail to Lenovo... They will respond in a day or 2. I paid through DD which they recieved the next day itself. But no confirmation mail for 5 days. Then I wrote a mail asking my payment status and then they responded that its successful.

After how many days of paying did you get the powerbank??

- - - Updated - - -

I heard few wifi issues in the machine,Any reviews on its wifi card?

My wifi card is from Realtek.The range of the wifi card is way better than my brother's samsung laptop. Never faced any issues. Catches signal where my phone,tablet and another laptop do not. Satisified with the performance

- - - Updated - - -

You need to stress the GPU a little for it to remain in performance mode. Try playing a game in windowed mode and then check GPU Z

So After stressing only will it show correct info?? Never had any such problem with my previous laptops gpus: ati 4650 and nvidia 650m.

techbulb

eUREKA...
should i get y50 for 76k
wat is the lowest people r buying it for
this is lowest seller is giving, should i try for more bargain.

sanket_gupta96

Right off the assembly line
Write a mail to Lenovo... They will respond in a day or 2. I paid through DD which they recieved the next day itself. But no confirmation mail for 5 days. Then I wrote a mail asking my payment status and then they responded that its successful.

After how many days of paying did you get the powerbank??

Hey, I paid on 11th and no confirmation mail from lenovo's side yet. I even mailed them regarding this but no reply from their side. Have you got your powerbank?

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
For those still pondering over whether to get 2gb version or 4gb version, Bethesda has released a statement regarding it's latest game Evil Within that atleast 4gb vRam is required to play the game the way it is meant to be.

So I guess that should clear all doubts regarding the future games, whether they would utilize more than 2gb ram or not. Better to buy a 4gb version only because REMEMBER, you can update ram, screen , hdd later but vRam cannot be upgraded :)

amanece2008

Broken In
For those still pondering over whether to get 2gb version or 4gb version, Bethesda has released a statement regarding it's latest game Evil Within that atleast 4gb vRam is required to play the game the way it is meant to be.

So I guess that should clear all doubts regarding the future games, whether they would utilize more than 2gb ram or not. Better to buy a 4gb version only because REMEMBER, you can update ram, screen , hdd later but vRam cannot be upgraded :)

have you played that game?
i have downloaded and played that one..
the game is a ported version from console...it's aspect ration is not 16:9,,you will get black borders up and down the screen.
also the fps is locked to 30,,you can't get pass it (locked due to porting..),,gameplay is good but the graphics isn't..
IF YOU HAVE GOT UHD DISPLAY ,,AND YOU WANT TO PLAY GAME @4K ..THEN 4GB IS FEASIBLE.. OTHERWISE 99.5% GAMES REQUIRE 1GB-2GB GFX CARD...
IF THE DEVELOPER SAYS IT NEED 4GB OR+ CARD THEN I WOULD SAY THE GAME IS'NT OPTIMIZED OR BADLY CODED..
ALSO UPDATE GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER REGULARLY TO GET THE MOST OF THE GRAPHICS CARD..
FOR THE BUYERS I WOULD SAY "GET THE 4GB ONE CAUSE THE PRICE HAS DROPPED NOW AND AT LEAST YOU CAN BOAST ABOUT THE EXTRA 2GB(more or less useless memory):p

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
have you played that game?
i have downloaded and played that one..
the game is a ported version from console...it's aspect ration is not 16:9,,you will get black borders up and down the screen.
also the fps is locked to 30,,you can't get pass it (locked due to porting..),,gameplay is good but the graphics isn't..
IF YOU HAVE GOT UHD DISPLAY ,,AND YOU WANT TO PLAY GAME @4K ..THEN 4GB IS FEASIBLE.. OTHERWISE 99.5% GAMES REQUIRE 1GB-2GB GFX CARD...
IF THE DEVELOPER SAYS IT NEED 4GB OR+ CARD THEN I WOULD SAY THE GAME IS'NT OPTIMIZED OR BADLY CODED..
ALSO UPDATE GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER REGULARLY TO GET THE MOST OF THE GRAPHICS CARD..
FOR THE BUYERS I WOULD SAY "GET THE 4GB ONE CAUSE THE PRICE HAS DROPPED NOW AND AT LEAST YOU CAN BOAST ABOUT THE EXTRA 2GB(more or less useless memory):p

There is a way to get rid of those black borders. Also watchdog needed more than 2gb vram too I guess.

Simplon

Broken In
Bought Lenovo Y50 4GB variant for 75K. It has got Chei-Mei display. Awesome sound. Uninstalling all the bloatware right now! Partitioned the HDD using Promethius guide.

nitinvertigo

Broken In
Hey, I paid on 11th and no confirmation mail from lenovo's side yet. I even mailed them regarding this but no reply from their side. Have you got your powerbank?

rest assured they will respond. Today I got the official mail from Lenovo regarding my successful payment. I also sent them the DD on 11th. You can check yor status on lenovopromo.net with your ticket number. If it shows valid then you are fine. Also try to call them on the number given in the first mail they sent. Mostly it wont work but sometimes it does.

I did not get the powerbank yet. In the mail they mentioned that it might take 12 more days for the powerbank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom