The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Good News Everyone.

Y510P Removable Graphics GT755M5 | Lenovo | (US)

This is the SLI card for Y510p.

If anyone is interested then I suggest PPOBox.com-Shop and Ship from USA, UK and China to India Online

This service was personally tested by me and I can guarantee they know what they are doing. They can import the card and clear customs for you.

The performance gain you ask? You'll get the kind of performance that surpasses Alienware 17 which is considered by most the most powerful gaming notebook in India.

Don't forget you will also need the 170w AC adapter.

It says that maximum operating temperature is 35 degree Celsius!

starbearer

Broken In
Nopes! The cost will be higher than 10k for sure bcoz graphic card alone should cost around 15k plus another 6k for 170w adapter and yes its kinda must to have this adapter for sli config since the output for cpu and 1 graphic card will be less in default adapter, hence 170w brick required for sli config.

(At present the $ to inr will be approx 66rs)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Nopes! The cost will be higher than 10k for sure bcoz graphic card alone should cost around 15k plus another 6k for 170w adapter and yes its kinda must to have this adapter for sli config since the output for cpu and 1 graphic card will be less in default adapter, hence 170w brick required for sli config.

(At present the $ to inr will be approx 66rs)

Say 10k for the card and 2-3k for importing. That's 13k max.

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah you'll need the 170w brick. 45w for each GPU=90w+45w for CPU, that's 135w when maxed out both, no power left for other components. But considering the performance gains (Alienware 17 costs 1 lakh 90 thousand), it's totally worth it.

starbearer

Broken In
WOW!!!

What say ppl...is it the best laptop cooler?
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0wWsWsHpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Its called airturbo portable laptop cooler.

lemme know...coz im digging for it!!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
WOW!!!

What say ppl...is it the best laptop cooler?
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0wWsWsHpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Its called airturbo portable laptop cooler.

lemme know...coz im digging for it!!

It's powered by usb or 3 aaa which means 5v. I don't think that's going to be much cool (pun intended). I am using a custom made one powered by a 12v adapter. See showoff section for more details.

techie.papu

Right off the assembly line
hi, can anyone please tell me if there is any wifi issue with y510 ? Like connection dropouts or slow speed.. Please also inform your wifi card name (Intel 223 or Intel 7260) (can be seen in device manager). Thanks in advance.. :)

iamzero

Broken In
Hi all,

i have convinced them to change the thermal module of my laptop. do you want me to add something or be careful as i want to get rid of the heating issues?

Any piece of advises are welcome.

Thanks!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi all,

i have convinced them to change the thermal module of my laptop. do you want me to add something or be careful as i want to get rid of the heating issues?

Any piece of advises are welcome.

Thanks!

Stay with them and get IC Diamond if you can.

techie.papu

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends, can anyone please tell if y510 has any wifi problem ? like connection dropouts or slow speed ? please mention your wifi card name.. (like broadcom/ intel centrino / Qualcomm Atheros). Thanks in advance.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
is anybody getting extended warranty fo y510p????
if so how much???

you already got 2 years of warranty. The laptop will be outdated before that as Maxwell and Broadwell are coming soon. But I am guessing 5k INR for 2 years more.

udit247

Journeyman
Hi friends, can anyone please tell if y510 has any wifi problem ? like connection dropouts or slow speed ? please mention your wifi card name.. (like broadcom/ intel centrino / Qualcomm Atheros). Thanks in advance.

There is absolutely no problems with WiFi or Bluetooth on Y510P
WiFi: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485B-EG
Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3012

iamzero

Broken In
Hey,

Can any y510p user post his temperature screenshot when just opened and using chrome with 3 or 4 tabs with web connected?

And general temps under various scenario usages. Thanks!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hey,

Can any y510p user post his temperature screenshot when just opened and using chrome with 3 or 4 tabs with web connected?

And general temps under various scenario usages. Thanks!

You still having problems mate??

goldsmit409

Broken In
i am playing thief here for about an 2-3 hours max temp as in hwinfo showss around 88 and avg around 80 is it ok or do i need to worry about???
thx

Top Bottom