The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

udit247

Journeyman
hey friends! should i get a y510p or is thr any new gaming lappy coming around dec-jan?
(budget 75k)

Y510P is VFM in this price range so go ahead and get it and I don't think any new laptop is coming which can beat Y510P

Playing BF 4 multiplayer at 1080p High settings and no AA
Fps- ~35-40
Temps CPU- 80-90 C
GPU - 81-83 C

Nice to know about it, currently I am playing NFS Rivals smoothly at Ultra Settings @ 1080p without any frame rate issue.

hitman4

In the zone
IdeaPad Y510p (Dusk Black) | Lenovo India | The DO Store

both laptops side by side
*www.thedostore.com/catalog/product_compare/index/

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Just need some suggestion regarding picking up the freebies worth 5k from the Do Store.

Lenovo Diwali Offer.

I mean what to choose from -

Lenovo Diwali Promo : Discount Coupons, Deals and Offer Online | Lenovo India | The DO Store

podanimesh

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends how much RAM are you getting. I am getting 8 GB installed and 5.99 GB usable. Hardware reserved is 2062 MB i think its more than normal.

sandeepsingh

Broken In
guys did anybody ordered Lenovo w870 headset?
if yes ... then can you provide your feedback and also how is the sound quality? will it be able to play heavy music (genre:metal) without any distortion?

Maverick03

Broken In
I am really confused as i want to buy a cooling pad which actually works for our laptop. Anyone who is currently using a cooler please share your experiences.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I am really confused as i want to buy a cooling pad which actually works for our laptop. Anyone who is currently using a cooler please share your experiences.

I am quite satisfied with my Deepcool Multi Core X6 - Deepcool: Flipkart.com

It does a decent enough job without creating much noise, has 4 fans and 3 modes!!!
Also, you can't expect much from laptop coolers... :-D

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Can you please check the temp numbers and how much of a difference it makes from without cooling pad..

I would say it's about 5-7 degree celsius... Where a laptop cooler really shines is when you are using your laptop in your bed as the elevated surface helps in maintaining proper airflow... Otherwise, the vents could get blocked which hinders the cooling process... On a hard surface like a table, it is not of much use... :)
Anyway, the Y500/510p has excellent cooling and so, if you are using it on a table, it's your call if you want the laptop cooler... For soft surfaces like a bed, it's a must-buy!!! :-D

Maverick03

Broken In
Actually i keep it elevated and without providing ample space to vents while gaming i observe temps in 80s and with bf4 max temps have touched 90 for CPU and 85 for GPU. So anything which can keep them under 80 would be nice.. I will give this cooler a look..

manu07.sharma

Right off the assembly line
okay guys as because of many issued faced i filed for doa and got refund check today . apart from that i alos got 5000 voucher code today itself , so i wanna know should i redeem it , i know morally its not right but still after reedeeming it will i be liable for anything to lenovo !!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^Just go ahead and redeem it... It's not like they are gonna send FBI agents to apprehend you!!! :p They will most probably be oblivious to their mistake, this being India!!! :-D

diya.r

Broken In
Hey guys should i update to windows 8.1 on my y510p. Cause some were saying not to as it affects nvidia graphic card performance

$hadow

Geek in making
Has any one updated to Windows 8.1. Coz I am still holding back for a few more time before the update.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Has any one updated to Windows 8.1. Coz I am still holding back for a few more time before the update.

Well, I updated to Windows 8.1 about a month back and haven't faced any problem... A couple of guys were facing some problem with the 2 finger tap for right click but I don't know a lot about it cause I don't use the touchpad... Moreover, for me, if I put two fingers on the touchpad and click it, then the context menu (the one that appears on right click) appears... Am guessing that's what the 2 finger tap (or rather click) does so everythings fine for me... No driver problems on Windows 8.1... I had some trouble setting up the dual GPU Bios setup as I flashed the wrong file first (The 750m one!!! Lol!!! :mrgreen:) but flshing the right file fixed it... :-D

Btw, I think the Mods should merge the Y500 and the Y510p threads!!! :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Has anyone performed gauge reset??

Nope... I think there's some problem with the gauge reset tool and read somewhere that people who resetted their battery gauge faced the problem of their laptop failing to charge their battery afterwards... Google it... :)

$hadow

Geek in making
Nope... I think there's some problem with the gauge reset tool and read somewhere that people who resetted their battery gauge faced the problem of their laptop failing to charge their battery afterwards... Google it... :)

I talked lenovo rep on this and he told me that sir the only thing you need to do is a gauge reset. And than your battery will last long since the backup time of my battery is just 2 hrs on normal usage and no gaming.

Top Bottom