The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks mate

Guys how future proof is this, precisely for casual gaming, and occasional video and photo editing will this serve for 2-5 year's.

How much does the laptop and charger together weigh
More than 3.5kg approx.

manu07.sharma

Right off the assembly line
guys i have purchased my laptop 2 nov for 75000/- on on same day i have seen 3 major issues

-> touchpad was working horribly when laptop was plugged in
-> hard disk was producing noise when copying data
-> fan was producing chirrping kind of noise

then i have logged a complaint for replacing hard disk , i cant get that replaced beacuse i was out of town

after 2-3 days fan was producing lot of noise then i logged complaint for replacing fan . today that is 18 nov 2013 engg came and replaced my fan and after replacing he said 1 ram ( 4gb ) out of 2 was not working and he gave me ram in hand and said to file complaint online
now my laptops has become a crap bcz

-> touchap is not working at all he said touch pad and keyboard will be fixed after recovery
-> keyboard is not working at all
-> 1 ram is not working at all
->hard disk is producing noise
-> fan issues have also not been fixed after replacement

i have asked for replacement and mailed lenovo regarding this along with all complaint no and scanned pics of all my bill n serial no n all . i just wanted to know if i dont get replacement from here were should i go next , and how much will they take for replacing this !!

udit247

Journeyman
How much does the laptop and charger together weigh

Around 3 Kg (Laptop=2.7Kg+Adaptor=350g)

Few more doubts:

1)My laptop turns itself off when battery remains is 6%, is this happening with you all, how to fix it?
2)I have seen you guys talking about playing games at low, medium or high settings, how do you configure that?
3)How much battery backup you guys get, i get around 2.30hrs only.
4)How to check display type and resolution?
5)Do you guys play games by removing the battery and connecting it to power? Or keep the battery on and plug it in, is it safe to remove battery and play?
6)How to check battery wear level?

The other one is:
Hey guys, i have a question on how to set nvidia graphics card on battery as well.. I AM PLAYING NFS RUN AND IT KEEPS ON PLAYING ON INTEL CARD UNTIL I Connect my battery. I have checked and set 3d settigns and physx viewer in nvidia to gt755m but still whenever i play on battery it always uses the intel one. Also set the default as nvidia and power mode to high performance.

Thanks again, thanks for all the help that you do!

All your questions are answered in detail by manukoleth but I would like to clarify question 7...
The battery in Y510P is not powerful enough to power 45W Core i7 and 50W GT755M so to save the long life of Li-Po battery it (GT755M) automatically goes into low power mode when on battery. Its a gaming laptop and not an Ultrabook!

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Around 3 Kg (Laptop=2.7Kg+Adaptor=350g)

All your questions are answered in detail by manukoleth but I would like to clarify question 7...
The battery in Y510P is not powerful enough to power 45W Core i7 and 50W GT755M so to save the long life of Li-Po battery it (GT755M) automatically goes into low power mode when on battery. Its a gaming laptop and not an Ultrabook!

gt 750m is a 33-35W card.. 755 will be around 2W more...

but yes... you are right about the battery. its not powerful enough to supply enough power to both.

anirbanhere

Broken In
Guys just got a sms saying:
Dear customer find your Lenovo Diwali offer code MY******a. Please redeem urgently.

What needs to be done now to redeem the offer? Pls help.

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
guys check the lenovo dostore...
I found y510p with core i5-4200m...
IdeaPad Y510p (Dusk Black) - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store
the price is 69490/- .. I think locally it might be around 62k... I could not find this model on flipkart..maybe its just launched in india...
^Sorry for any typos... Using mobile...

$hadow

Geek in making
guys check the lenovo dostore...
I found y510p with core i5-4200m...
IdeaPad Y510p (Dusk Black) - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store
the price is 69490/- .. I think locally it might be around 62k... I could not find this model on flipkart..maybe its just launched in india...
^Sorry for any typos... Using mobile...
This is the i5 version not i7. Big difference among the two.

anirbanhere

Broken In
Anyone found out a way to remap the Fn keys, like Fn+arrows controls volume and brightness remapped to something closer (not the whole keyboard apart). Like Fn+left arrow >> Fn+z and/or Fn+right arrow>>Fn+x. A mute button is also missing.
Such a lame keyboard setup :(
Why is there no mute button? Its like telling your laptop to stfu but seems i cant anymore :evil:

manukoleth

Few more doubts:

1)My laptop turns itself off when battery remains is 6%, is this happening with you all, how to fix it?

Use this command in the command prompt after running it is administrator mode (Run as administrator)

powercfg.exe /setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATLEVELCRIT 1

this would set the critical level to 1%. Please not that at 1% the PC would be in capable of hibernating properly.

also you can change "1" to any value even "0". Guess this helps.

manukoleth

guys i have purchased my laptop 2 nov for 75000/- on on same day i have seen 3 major issues

-> touchpad was working horribly when laptop was plugged in
-> hard disk was producing noise when copying data
-> fan was producing chirrping kind of noise

then i have logged a complaint for replacing hard disk , i cant get that replaced beacuse i was out of town

after 2-3 days fan was producing lot of noise then i logged complaint for replacing fan . today that is 18 nov 2013 engg came and replaced my fan and after replacing he said 1 ram ( 4gb ) out of 2 was not working and he gave me ram in hand and said to file complaint online
now my laptops has become a crap bcz

-> touchap is not working at all he said touch pad and keyboard will be fixed after recovery
-> keyboard is not working at all
-> 1 ram is not working at all
->hard disk is producing noise
-> fan issues have also not been fixed after replacement

i have asked for replacement and mailed lenovo regarding this along with all complaint no and scanned pics of all my bill n serial no n all . i just wanted to know if i dont get replacement from here were should i go next , and how much will they take for replacing this !!

Get a service report from the service centre and then file a DOA with lenovo. This should work.

avirok

hey friends! should i get a y510p or is thr any new gaming lappy coming around dec-jan?
(budget 75k)

Id like to know too....bcoz i was planning on buying it..

Also, did any1 run Assassin's creed 4 Black Flag and Battlefield 4 on y510p yet....if yes pls mention gpu performance,fps u get while playing and temps of cpu, gpu, etc..

avirok

Playing BF 4 multiplayer at 1080p High settings and no AA
Fps- ~35-40
Temps CPU- 80-90 C
GPU - 81-83 C

Nice. This is with cooling pad or without? and why no AA? does the gpu performance decrease if enabled?
Any1 tried AC4 or tried BF4 with different settings than above?

Top Bottom