The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

tech0freak0

tech is in mah bl00d
Wanted to buy Lenovo y500..
I called Lenovo official Distributor In Chandigarh ....He said they discontinued Y500 instead u can get y510p of 73K..:shock:.
F**K you :-x Lenovo i extended my budget from 60K to 67K for y500....I can't extend further :-x
Wish y510 will price come down..around diwali.:-(

keshab.nayak

Broken In
hella guys ,, where the mute button on this y510p ,,, and why the mouse pad is not disabled for ever. after restart the mouse pad activate agin

Gtb93

In the zone
Well, from what I've noticed(past 3 hours usage), that the bottom barely gets hot. While gaming only the left side(the part blowing out hot air, and a small area near it) heat up a bit, but it's barely noticeable. Just keep your laptop elevated and you're good to go. The laptop cools down very quickly, as soon as you stop gaming or w/e it is you're doing.

diya.r

Broken In
Wanted to buy Lenovo y500..
I called Lenovo official Distributor In Chandigarh ....He said they discontinued Y500 instead u can get y510p of 73K..:shock:.
F**K you :-x Lenovo i extended my budget from 60K to 67K for y500....I can't extend further :-x
Wish y510 will price come down..around diwali.:-(

the y500 is available for 68k on flipkart, with backpack, 1yr ADP and 5k gift voucher offer. you can check it out.

Shubham95

Right off the assembly line
Please provide benchmarks of some browser based games such as Begone and Contract wars .
I'll be grateful .
Thanks .

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone
Played Spec-Ops The Line today. All maxed out @ 1080p, 30+ fps. :)

Also, considering only the left side heats up.. what cooling pad should I go for guys?!

$hadow

Geek in making
Indeed I was thinking it might be hot after long gaming sessions but it is not except playing bishock infinite. On all other games it is just warm not hot.

udit247

Journeyman
@ Shadow

How much have you paid for your 24GB Express Cache in INR.
I have done some research and came to know that our new Y510P is using a new standard and future of mSATA SSD drives i.e. M.2 NGFF, so old mSATA SSD drives wont fit and its real hard right now to find M.2 NGFF SSD drives anywhere.

$hadow

Geek in making
@ Shadow

How much have you paid for your 24GB Express Cache in INR.
I have done some research and came to know that our new Y510P is using a new standard and future of mSATA SSD drives i.e. M.2 NGFF, so old mSATA SSD drives wont fit and its real hard right now to find M.2 NGFF SSD drives anywhere.
Well I have got 2 of those which cost me 29800 which is actually costly when you compare it with older one. One is 24gb while other is 256gb. I will replace my hdd with this ssd.

warm as in wht kind of temps?

Mid 80's

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

could u like pls pls pls do a cinebench 11.5 review :|

MAXON | 3D FOR THE REAL WORLD: Overview

its a 146 mb file.

do a open cl test for gpu

and do single core and multi core test... they hardly take 2 mins each. it stresses all cores and gives a score accordingly. i really need to know if turbo boost gets enabled when all 4 cores are in load cause in the review of y510p, it was told otherwise.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I already requested owners of y510p to visit the respective review thread in the same section created by shadow and updated any review/benchmarking done by them, so far i came across very little :(

udit247

Journeyman
Well I have got 2 of those which cost me 29800 which is actually costly when you compare it with older one. One is 24gb while other is 256gb. I will replace my hdd with this ssd.

Good, you got real deep pockets man!!:-D

could u like pls pls pls do a cinebench 11.5 review :|

MAXON | 3D FOR THE REAL WORLD: Overview

its a 146 mb file.

do a open cl test for gpu

and do single core and multi core test... they hardly take 2 mins each. it stresses all cores and gives a score accordingly. i really need to know if turbo boost gets enabled when all 4 cores are in load cause in the review of y510p, it was told otherwise.

I will help you with this benchmarking but give me some days as I am very busy in office these days...private sector sucks!:lol:

@ All the owners of Y510P, Please do some benchmarking on there machines and post your results here or at Shadows review page (It hardly takes a few minutes).

@ Shadow, Please mention your review page in your signature.

Top Bottom