The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
To all the Y500 owners.... I finally found where dolby is installed.
It is indeed preinstalled. Go to control panel>> sound>> properties>> Dolby tab

Guys,
How to check the touch pad and keyboard issues during purchase ? I mean the newer Y500 versions doesnt have this issue. Even then just wanted to know.

I might buy the 510p version today.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Guys,
How to check the touch pad and keyboard issues during purchase ? I mean the newer Y500 versions doesnt have this issue. Even then just wanted to know.

the touchpad is average if u ask me... :/ it only looks good :|
so even if its wrking properly as intended... you might feel is messed up. :|

just updated my drivers and carried out a 3dmark13... firestrike shot up to 1988 ! *_*

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Guys,

To everyone with touchpad doubts, the touchpad issues have been solved MONTHS AGO , however the touchpad still sucks compared to most touchpads. its not lenovos fault, its synaptics fault for trying to be like apple and failing miserably like every other company who tries to buy. However you cannot term it as faulty as it is functioning as per synaptics design

also if you do buy the 510p please do post all the official specs here. hopefully not another fullhd scam as 750m model. and of course the following benchmarks
1) 3dmark 11
2) 3dmark 13

the touchpad is average if u ask me... :/ it only looks good :|
so even if its wrking properly as intended... you might feel is messed up. :|

just updated my drivers and carried out a 3dmark13... firestrike shot up to 1988 ! *_*
nice. just retested 3dmark 11 its more or less the same. i guess they optimized it further for 3dmark 13.

Last edited:

suju_rec13

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I had purchased y500 (with 720p) from flipkart in June. While ordering the flipkart site showed 2 years warranty. But when i checked on lenovo site it is showing only 1 year.

I talked to Flipkart, who asked me to contact lenovo.
Contacted lenovo at india@lenovoreg.com, they asked me to register at Lenovo
I did that, but later they replied me saying "you are not eligible to redeem this offer, as you have made a purchase before offer period"

Anyone else with the same issue. Please help.

Thanks,
Sujith

H2O

Journeyman
Hi,

I had purchased y500 (with 720p) from flipkart in June. While ordering the flipkart site showed 2 years warranty. But when i checked on lenovo site it is showing only 1 year.

I talked to Flipkart, who asked me to contact lenovo.
Contacted lenovo at india@lenovoreg.com, they asked me to register at Lenovo
I did that, but later they replied me saying "you are not eligible to redeem this offer, as you have made a purchase before offer period"

Anyone else with the same issue. Please help.

Thanks,
Sujith

They said the same to me as well.

But tell Flipkart that in their site it showed "2 Years Warranty ( 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Carry In Accidental Damage Protection)". On the basis of that having two years warranty, you bought it.

-=hell=-

Broken In
So, as the y510 is also available so should ppl go for Y500 or this Y510. Who purely needed a laptop for gaming and college purpose. 1st priority is gaming :D

@all elan touchpad Y500 users

if you are facing problems then ask Lenovo Service centers to replace your elan with synaptics at no extra cost, a friend of mine had a 650M FHD Elan variant which started to have issues with the touchpad, after requesting Lenovo to change it to Synaptics, they placed an order for the same but couldnt get it imported so yesterday they called and said that they will give a new laptop with synaptics and FHD.

btw
My Y500 750M FHD running quite flawlessly.
Enjoying Splinter Cell Blacklist :p

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
@all elan touchpad Y500 users

if you are facing problems then ask Lenovo Service centers to replace your elan with synaptics at no extra cost, a friend of mine had a 650M FHD Elan variant which started to have issues with the touchpad, after requesting Lenovo to change it to Synaptics, they placed an order for the same but couldnt get it imported so yesterday they called and said that they will give a new laptop with synaptics and FHD.

btw
My Y500 750M FHD running quite flawlessly.
Enjoying Splinter Cell Blacklist :p

Hw did u get 750m FHD model? o_O
imported it?

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
I think I am quite happy with my laptop when I got rid of that touchpad problem (which took ages to resolve), and nice of them to give an extended ADP and I'm going to buy another one with the Do Gears offer I receive :D

Aerrow

Journeyman
My relatives got it for me from the US, I told them to order it on Lenovo's US webstore.
FHD + 750M +3630QM
It even has warranty over here, though not accidental; only manufacturer warranty.

Same in my case. Fhd model with dual 650m though.. but it came with synaptics and all is good.:D

@utkarsh

Did you ask whether the warranty can be extended later on? If so, online from lenovo us website or can be done here?

joyceanblue

Broken In
hows the gaming experience on battery guys? i am playing bioshock infinite and it becomes unplayable with all the lagging once i pull the power cord out. even though ive set the power management option to performance.
there is a long thread on lenovo support forum and it looks like other people are facing the same problem. ive run msi afterburner and i notice the moment power cord is plugged out the core frequency drops down to idle.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
hows the gaming experience on battery guys? i am playing bioshock infinite and it becomes unplayable with all the lagging once i pull the power cord out. even though ive set the power management option to performance.
there is a long thread on lenovo support forum and it looks like other people are facing the same problem. ive run msi afterburner and i notice the moment power cord is plugged out the core frequency drops down to idle.

the laptop is designed like that. i dont think the battery is capable of supplying that large amount of power. so the GPU is throttled by design.

Aerrow

Journeyman

the laptop is designed like that. i dont think the battery is capable of supplying that large amount of power. so the GPU is throttled by design.

True.. the gpu underclocks on battery. Even in high performance. Annoyance really... checked for a work around. Then realized this isn't android.:D

arvendu601

Broken In
anyone have windows 8.1 Single language iSO file to download.

Lenovo support saying
Soumya (08:47:59):
The system is not compatible with Windows 8.1 as few required drivers are not available from support site to download.
You can install the Windows 8.1 but there will be drivers conflict.

Top Bottom