The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

I'm unable to update, don't know why........ My downloading is complete, i guess...... When in store it shows Checking Compatibility, after that an error comes that update failed

Check my post here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/157778-windows-8-thread-35.html

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I'm unable to update, don't know why........ My downloading is complete, i guess...... When in store it shows Checking Compatibility, after that an error comes that update failed

Check my post here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/157778-windows-8-thread-35.html

In my case the update is not even shown in store..!!!

ShadowPlay on Y500 Single 750M

Quite a bliss!

@Aerrow
Yes you can extend the warranty from here, all you need is to purchase it online at Lenovo USA website.
Mind that they dont offer ADP outside purchase country. I went for 2yr depot warranty.

Aerrow

Journeyman

ShadowPlay on Y500 Single 750M

Quite a bliss!

@Aerrow
Yes you can extend the warranty from here, all you need is to purchase it online at Lenovo USA website.
Mind that they dont offer ADP outside purchase country. I went for 2yr depot warranty.

What is depot warranty and how much did it cost u for 2 years?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys,

Can Anybody tell me, which store/stores sell the Y500 at Nehru Place, Delhi or other parts of Delhi.

Need the info urgently as I am buying next week, also is the touchpad issue still persisting with the newer Y500's ?

Thanks,
Abhijit

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hey Guys,

Can Anybody tell me, which store/stores sell the Y500 at Nehru Place, Delhi or other parts of Delhi.

Need the info urgently as I am buying next week, also is the touchpad issue still persisting with the newer Y500's ?

Thanks,
Abhijit

No Idea about availability in Delhi because I'm from south India.
And about touchpad- no issues. All are fixed!!!

jamiejako

Broken In
Hey,
I updated to 8.1 and now my two-finger tap to right click doesn't work anymore..I can two-finger 'click' for a right click but it doesn't work when I tap. I tried the drivers from lenovo support site and the synaptics site. What do I do to get it back? All the other gestures work fine.

edit:
never mind, found a solution :
In regedit, go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2" and keep the value of 2fingertap as 2.

Last edited:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hey,
I updated to 8.1 and now my two-finger tap to right click doesn't work anymore..I can two-finger 'click' for a right click but it doesn't work when I tap. I tried the drivers from lenovo support site and the synaptics site. What do I do to get it back? All the other gestures work fine.

edit:
never mind, found a solution :
In regedit, go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2" and keep the value of 2fingertap as 2.

Any driver issues?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Good to see that this thread still has got some life in it, with the Y510p doing so well and all that...
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I have been on 8.1 for a couple of weeks and haven't faced any problem... Don't know about the touch pad issue as I don't use it... :)

Aerrow

Journeyman
Good to see that this thread still has got some life in it, with the Y510p doing so well and all that...
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I have been on 8.1 for a couple of weeks and haven't faced any problem... Don't know about the touch pad issue as I don't use it... :)

Any driver issues?

No problems at all on 8.1. Updated as soon as lenovo released bios update to enable second gpu. Tan through a few hiccups in the beginning. Like secure boot disabled and slow mouse movement. But fixed both after some research. The only problem I face is geforce experience reporting incorrect resolution. (doesn't affect performance.. Still...)

Any fix?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
No problems at all on 8.1. Updated as soon as lenovo released bios update to enable second gpu. Tan through a few hiccups in the beginning. Like secure boot disabled and slow mouse movement. But fixed both after some research. The only problem I face is geforce experience reporting incorrect resolution. (doesn't affect performance.. Still...)

Any fix?

Here's your fix.
Right click desktop. Personalize - Display - Change text size to 100%. Log off and back in. Now open up GeForce experience and check your rig tab. Your current resolution will now be accurate. I'm a wizard:). This is just a little bug. The last GeForce experience driver had an issue were pc stream to the Nvidia shield would not work if you had your text size set to anything above 100%. Nvidia obviously fixed this bug in 1.7 but as a result this little bug occurred. Always some weird issues happening in the wonderful complex world of pc gaming!

-Source: Internet

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This product is designed badly.

1. The touchpad sucks.
2. Keyboard used to start adding random characters and then stopped responding for a brief period.
3. Speakers sound works only when the laptop is positioned in certain way.
4. Some times it wouldn't boot unless I try to hard reset.

What a mess !

Top Bottom