The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

How much CPU and GPU temperature are you guys getting when the laptop is idle, guys?

please take the pain of going through the earlier pages of this thread....
why do you guys keep discussing the same thing over and over again?? if i am not wrong this topic comes up on this thread almost every second day???
what can you do even if it is getting slightly warmer???
the guys at lenovo aren't going to give a fresh piece for that....so just be content with whatever you have...

H2O

Journeyman
please take the pain of going through the earlier pages of this thread....
why do you guys keep discussing the same thing over and over again?? if i am not wrong this topic comes up on this thread almost every second day???
what can you do even if it is getting slightly warmer???
the guys at lenovo aren't going to give a fresh piece for that....so just be content with whatever you have...

Geez. Relax. No need to overreact.

can any of you guys give a snapshot of your warranty info as appearing on the lenovo india website???
only those guys give the snapshot whose warranty has been corrected to two years...
also what does "CO1" and "TRX" mean in case of warranty???

H2O

Journeyman
How many of you guys have created the recovery media?

Lenovo guys asked me to get a 32 GB pendrive where I can store it. I said them I have a 1 TB External HDD. So, whats the use of 32 GB pendrive? They are saying if I create the recovery media in the External HDD, it will delete all the contents that are present in the External HDD. :|

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
I have been suggested to get a Lenovo Y500 with 750M card.

But, on the Lenovo site, I only get an option for 650M card. Am I missing something?

Harsh23

Broken In
Yes the lenovo website is not updated frequently ...
right now mostly the 750m versions are available in the market //...
but the 750m ones are not full hd ie do not have res of 1920*1080 instead they have 1366*768
the gt 650m are no longer available and have been discontinued but you would be lucky if you find one...

so,in india y510p is launching in October?????
i dont believe those guys ...

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
no... 750m is.
some people have a preference of screen resolution... the 1080p model used to come with 650m which is now discontinued.

750M without at least an 1600*900 res monitor is a bad design initiative from product and marketing end and also lowers the satisfaction index from consumers on the same. The basic philosophy behind a release of OEMs such as nvidia on their cards is "...this card is of X level and it can play recent games at 1366*768 res, up comings at 1280*1024, last years' at 1600*900 and games from last two years and back in FHD..."

so if 750M, is capable, which i presume a concrete fact, to run games from -2 years at FHD ( may be a with a lil tuning) or at least 1600*900, the monitor with native *768 is killing such opportunity, I would never buy a product which effectively bars the credibilities of one of its components....at least now.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
750M without at least an 1600*900 res monitor is a bad design initiative from product and marketing end and also lowers the satisfaction index from consumers on the same. The basic philosophy behind a release of OEMs such as nvidia on their cards is "...this card is of X level and it can play recent games at 1366*768 res, up comings at 1280*1024, last years' at 1600*900 and games from last two years and back in FHD..."

so if 750M, is capable, which i presume a concrete fact, to run games from -2 years at FHD ( may be a with a lil tuning) or at least 1600*900, the monitor with native *768 is killing such opportunity, I would never buy a product which effectively bars the credibilities of one of its components....at least now.

nt really... i agree that a 1600x900 res would be nice.... but full hd would surely be overkill... as of now it can run all games maxed out... even the ones released this year.... but had it been a 1080p res.... i would have had to lower graphic preferences (which i wouldn't really mind much)... but the real problem would eventually start 1.5 years from now when i would have been forced to step down from native res to play games at medium. Now that would indeed be a bad experience with everything being hazy and stuff! =|

PS : thts quite a lappy u got there mate! :hyper:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
nt really... i agree that a 1600x900 res would be nice.... but full hd would surely be overkill... as of now it can run all games maxed out... even the ones released this year.... but had it been a 1080p res.... i would have had to lower graphic preferences (which i wouldn't really mind much)... but the real problem would eventually start 1.5 years from now when i would have been forced to step down from native res to play games at medium. Now that would indeed be a bad experience with everything being hazy and stuff! =|

PS : thts quite a lappy u got there mate! :hyper:

It's all personal preference, mate... Most would like a FullHD screen but even 768p is sufficient... It all boils down to what you want... As for me, I would choose a FullHD screen anyday!!! :)

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
It's all personal preference, mate... Most would like a FullHD screen but even 768p is sufficient... It all boils down to what you want... As for me, I would choose a FullHD screen anyday!!! :)

Exactly! nw that i have gotten used backlit keyboard... i just cant look at my other laptops anymore! same thing goes with full hd too!

How about this cooling pad? Y500 doesn't have heating issues, so this one can be used for study purposes too
Portronics My Buddy 2 Laptop Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

Or should i go with notepal u2 plus(u2 not available)?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
How about this cooling pad? Y500 doesn't have heating issues, so this one can be used for study purposes too
Portronics My Buddy 2 Laptop Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

Or should i go with notepal u2 plus(u2 not available)?
the portronics one seems like a good idea however since a cooling pad is not required to begin with i question the spending of around 2k for a table. get a portble table instead. i have bought one of those too. it basically a table you can put anywhere and it folds so its portable and has a large surface for laptops mouse etc.

can any of you guys give a snapshot of your warranty info as appearing on the lenovo india website???
only those guys give the snapshot whose warranty has been corrected to two years...
also what does "CO1" and "TRX" mean in case of warranty???

vinais

Right off the assembly line
Want to buy this but cant find it in any store... One of the offered to get it but said the new 750 card is 1 GB only. Walked out of the store without saying a word :)

Online flipkart is out as they dont have EMIs on StanC cards. Tried the DO Store but transaction not going through...

Any suggestions for online sites or dealers in Mumbai/Thane area?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom