The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

@HeRock-guess what my one shows exactly the same information.....exactly the same dates also....I earlier also asked and i'm asking again....can all the y500 users.....especially the 9647 model users...check up on their warranty status and inform us....

HeRock

Broken In
Untitled.jpg

What.the.f*ck??????
:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Can anyone else confirm their warranty information? Especially the people with GT750m version!!!

^ Not a good idea to show off the S/N no.
thnx for d warning. edited and reuploaded :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
View attachment 11010

What.the.f*ck??????
:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Can anyone else confirm their warranty information? Especially the people with GT750m version!!!

thnx for d warning. edited and reuploaded :)

kindly send an email to pop@lenovo.com with your bill photocopied and they will update the information for you. they take a while to contact you though theres another email when you check your warranty status then click the help menu below

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Okay, guys...
I have decided to go for the Y500 SLI model Newegg.com - Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 (59359557) Notebook Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory DDR3 1600 1TB HDD 5400rpm Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLIfrom US through ishopinternational.com...
What I would like to know is that would the warranty be valid in India??? Cause, some posts ago one of you guys said that his Y500 was imported... :)

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Okay, guys...
I have decided to go for the Y500 SLI model Newegg.com - Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 (59359557) Notebook Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory DDR3 1600 1TB HDD 5400rpm Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLIfrom US through ishopinternational.com...
What I would like to know is that would the warranty be valid in India??? Cause, some posts ago one of you guys said that there Y500 was imported... :)
probably not since the 3630qm model isnt in india so no support for the mobo. no ultrabay support either. its gonna be tough lol

Okay, guys...
What I would like to know is that would the warranty be valid in India??? Cause, some posts ago one of you guys said that there Y500 was imported... :)

No warranty support is a huge risk......that's why many people will avoid it....

I was actually planning to get Y580 in dec '12......but parents didn't allow because of warranty issues.

One more thing: My friend ordered a Y500 with GT750M locally, instead he got GT650M & FullHD display :shock:.....he's now even more happier :-D

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Untitled.jpg

My warranty Shows till 2015 :D :)

Oh guys, my DVD writer eject button is struck to one side and is not working anymore :(

Last edited:

joyceanblue

Broken In
probably not since the 3630qm model isnt in india so no support for the mobo. no ultrabay support either. its gonna be tough lol
im not sure but i think ive seen flipkart selling the 3630qm version before. could anyone confirm it? its a pity they do not have 3630qm now, id much prefer it over 3632qm.

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
Okay, guys...
What I would like to know is that would the warranty be valid in India??? Cause, some posts ago one of you guys said that his Y500 was imported... :)

My y500 was imported and it has got warranty here as lenovo is providing international warranty.Just after 2 weeks after getting it mobo went kaput and they replaced it.But only has to wait 20days to get it replaced.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
That's good !!! powerhoney........get it !!

I ordered it...
Let's see when I get it... Am expecting it to take maybe about a month!!! :)
Btw, for warranty, even if the company refuses, I can always get it checked by paying the lenovo "engineer/mechanic" who will be at the service centre... Trust me, these guys will do anything for money... Once, we had our first AC (Some old Carrier St. Moritz model) fixed by the official Samsung engineer who had come to replace the gas of our two new ACs... He even fixed our very very old Allwyn refrigerator and brought it back to life!!! Lol...:mrgreen:

Gollum

Collector
I ordered it...
Let's see when I get it... Am expecting it to take maybe about a month!!! :)
Btw, for warranty, even if the company refuses, I can always get it checked by paying the lenovo "engineer/mechanic" who will be at the service centre... Trust me, these guys will do anything for money... Once, we had our first AC (Some old Carrier St. Moritz model) fixed by the official Samsung engineer who had come to replace the gas of our two new ACs... He even fixed our very very old Allwyn refrigerator and brought it back to life!!! Lol...:mrgreen:

I agree, these guys are good but seriously underpaid. I feel sorry for them.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Powerhoney,

Why didn't you get it from Flipkart?

Wanted to try my hand at international shopping...
If something goes wrong, I can always order from Flipkart!!! :)

I agree, these guys are good but seriously underpaid. I feel sorry for them.

Yeah, some of them like the AC mechanic I mentioned do some real quality work... Feel sorry for them too!!! :cry:

Top Bottom