The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

OK everybody.... Y500 with GT750M has 1366x768 resolution hardware. You can change resolution from NVIDIA control panel to FHD but its just a software thing....your resolution won't become 1080p, although things will look smaller in your screen but the sharpness of FHD display can't be attained by software. So why change resolution to 1080p, when u can get better graphics in 768p !!!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
OK everybody.... Y500 with GT750M has 1366x768 resolution hardware. You can change resolution from NVIDIA control panel to FHD but its just a software thing....your resolution won't become 1080p, although things will look smaller in your screen but the sharpness of FHD display can't be attained by software. So why change resolution to 1080p, when u can get better graphics in 768p !!!

same as how they play 1080p videos in 768p? interesting. never seen that before in any screen

debaspa5

Right off the assembly line
flipkart reduced the prices again twice today for 59-346619, from 68500>67990>64500, am sure we can get it for 62000 from nehru place delhi or less now. will be going to get the prices will let others know!!!:lol:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

thats impossible to do mate, resolution depends exclusively on the monitor.. If you set the PPI through software, itll just make icons and stuff smaller to give a fake impression that it looks like it's 1080p..
you cant get higher res than whats specified on the monitor no matter what you do :( Sad but true

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
thats impossible to do mate, resolution depends exclusively on the monitor.. If you set the PPI through software, itll just make icons and stuff smaller to give a fake impression that it looks like it's 1080p..
you cant get higher res than whats specified on the monitor no matter what you do :( Sad but true

you could use an external monitor for gaming i guess. its what i do i use my 26 inch screen for 1080p gaming even though i have a 1080p screen :D just saying those who have 768p screen can use external screens to make the most of it :D

Y500 is better then Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN ?

this is a y500 thread. obviously we will say y500 is better?

tnny9

Broken In
Guys the full hd model price is again reduced to 64,500.
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Y500(GT650M) was at that price when it was first listed in FK in late January(I bought a t that time). After such a long time, its back to that price

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Btw, how big of a difference is the FullHD screen as against the HD screen??? :-?
for videos not that much. for gaming a little. for everyday task a hell lot of
what you have to understand is that 1080p screens are almost always of way better quality NOT BECAUSE OF RESOLUTION ONLY but because 1080p screens normally have better color production, higher brightness etc. this is the main difference. if resolution was the only difference then there wouldnt be much difference in 768p and 1080p.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
for videos not that much. for gaming a little. for everyday task a hell lot of
what you have to understand is that 1080p screens are almost always of way better quality NOT BECAUSE OF RESOLUTION ONLY but because 1080p screens normally have better color production, higher brightness etc. this is the main difference. if resolution was the only difference then there wouldnt be much difference in 768p and 1080p.

So, in short, the two models don't have the same panels from the same manufacturers with screen resolution being the only difference??? :-?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
So, in short, the two models don't have the same panels from the same manufacturers with screen resolution being the only difference??? :-?
no they do not. hence the reason why 1080p screens are so good. of course im not saying 768p screens are bad. some are good some arent as i said its not the resolution that matters as much as picture quality. i would say if you can check out the 768p screen of the y500. if you like it then you can go for it. the resolution itself is not that important. different laptops have different screen quality. some are good some arent. point being check before buying or if youre not convinced get the 650m model

is this model originally come with Dual graphics card or with DVD Drive ?
dvd drive

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
no they do not. hence the reason why 1080p screens are so good. of course i'm not saying 768p screens are bad. some are good some aren't as i said its not the resolution that matters as much as picture quality. i would say if you can check out the 768p screen of the y500. if you like it then you can go for it. the resolution itself is not that important. different laptops have different screen quality. some are good some aren't. point being check before buying or if you're not convinced get the 650m model

Ok... Nice answer!!! :)
Actually, I went to the shop and checked both models side by side just now... Except for an increase in sharpness, I couldn't get any noticeable difference!!! :) Am not that much of a videophile anyway, so maybe my untrained eye wasn't the right one for the critiquing job!!! :mrgreen:
Anyway, if we do want to go for the ultrabay sli graphics, where do we need to buy that from???:)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Ok... Nice answer!!! :)
Actually, I went to the shop and checked both models side by side just now... Except for an increase in sharpness, I couldn't get any noticeable difference!!! :) Am not that much of a videophile anyway, so maybe my untrained eye wasn't the right one for the critiquing job!!! :mrgreen:
Anyway, if we do want to go for the ultrabay sli graphics, where do we need to buy that from???:)
the problem with people everyone is they keep arguing without a point. if you saw both screens and found that the 768p screen is good then why are you arguing about it? take that model and gain extra frames. its lucky that you think you have an untrained eye because thats a downside i guess. for example my ears cant listen to anything less than bose or sennheiser anymore.
point being get the 1366x768 model if you are fine with it no need to mindlessly think about it. theres no setbacks or hidden points or anything its just a screen... you are buying this laptop for yourself not for anyone else so if you like it that should be enough.

as for the ultrabay sli, the extra graphics card is neither required nor available, stressing on the not required. may be required in the future for a resolution of 1080p if youre addicted to ultra settings else meaningless. though if you must order it is not available officially in india and must arrange it from somewhere else.

Top Bottom