The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Arnab.rc

Broken In
ha ha.. thankfully .. y500 doesn't have overheat and throttle problem like sammy s series.. thanks to the great heat management... I have been following this thread from its birth.. I think everybody is pretty happy with their purchase...
CommanderShawnzer: If u got the notion that this lappy will give problem after one year.. no worry mate.. y500 got its a## secured for 2 years..

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@deadzone
Congrats on your purchase, buddy!!! :)
Btw, do let us know if it ships with Elan/Synaptics touchpad or 1080p/768p screen... I have read the tech specs in Flipkart but they aren't the most reliable...:-x
Also, what's the ETA??? 7-8 days??? :-?
PS: Flipkart's become real slow these days... I heard some stories of people booking their Nexus 4's and the ETA was last week of September!!! Lol!!!:mrgreen:

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Ha!
i had told you about y500 750m to release in a month

@deadzone congratulations

do tell about screen and touchpad when you receive it

deadzone

Journeyman
@gamefreak @powerhoney

Thanks guys,
OK I will let everyone here know about screen res and touchpad.
Even if its 720p,its OK for me.

The expected delivery date is 13 June.Stay tuned.

Arnab.rc

Broken In
congo deadzone.. great purchase (u know that too)..:)... now wait game begins and do let us know about the screen res....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
congo deadzone.. great purchase (u know that too)..:)... now wait game begins and do let us know about the screen res....

didnt someone quote that they got a 720p screen with their new y500? definitely explains the suspiciously low price

deadzone

Journeyman
Thanks arnab. :)

Its actual price at flipkart is 67k not 65k.

After bank offer discount its 63k.Also y500 gt650 was mentioned as 70k on lenovo site and flipkart sold for 68k(after discount it came 66k),so price at flipkart is lower than at lenovo site.

BTW at official site there is no change in specification,its neither mentioned as 1080p.

Last edited:
@pratyush997 - dude can u check ur shipment status...will it actually take 7-8 days???...can u plz check whr r dey shipping it from....i mean which city????

rohanz

Journeyman
no separate partition?

Oh that, I used windows partition manager to shrink the partition with C drive restarted it a couple of times, used it for a day to let windows adjust and then made partitions of the unallocated space using gparted.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Went to buy this on Flipkart... Turns out my crappy BOI debit card allows eCommerce shopping only upto Rs. 50k!!!:-x Any way out for me, guys??? Net banking or something??? Am new to all this...:cry:

Top Bottom