The iPad owner's thread(reviews for apps, troubleshooting, peripherals etc.)

TheLetterD

Will Power
Wassssuppp People
Ok
I own an iPad 64GB WiFi+3G iOS - 4.3.3 (Jailbroken)
And no I am not gonna talk about piracy over here, like how to download cracked apps etc
But we can discuss about some really dope tweaks, new features of future iOSes , the iPad 3 rumors(like what new feature will it have and blahh blahh) and try to solve problems etc etc
Aite?
Note: To get everything you can from your iPad I suggest you should Jailbreak your iPad , even though it aint illegal IT MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY
So dont come after me if your iPad goes crazy and the Apple guys refuse to fix it for free :banghead:

How to jailbreak your iPad

Heres a video that would tell you how to:

YouTube - ‪How-to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (UNTETHERED!) for iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1G, iPT3G/4G with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16!‬‏
And all you need for that is the redsn0w software (link provided in the description box)
AND the iOS file of your iDevice, like in my case it was the iPad 4.3.3 (Sorry, I cant provide you the link, you need to google it)

Some tips they didnt cover in the video:
*If your running Win 7 or Vista(well if you are, dude you GOTTA upgrade to windows 7 :D ) right-click the redsn0w file , go to properties and change compatibility mode to XP (sp3)
*At times the iOS you download may not match the the one on your iDevice
even though its the same version, SO what you can do is First Restore your device using that file, by [shift]+Click on the -Restore- button in iTunes

Ok so yesterday I came across this software called

CYDER 2.0
Its like an alternative to Cydia, but the thing here is that you can use it on your PC
What I mean is that if youve got a crappy Wifi like I do, you can add packages and other tweaks to your iPad through your PC
All you need to do is connect your iDevice and run the program and add packages on your own OR syncing the ones in your Cydia app

So just google the file & Download it, its Free
Heres a link that shows you how to use it:
[Tutorial]How to use Cyder! - iFans - iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch Fans forums

Some tips they didnt cover:
*You need to change its compatibility mode to XP (SP3) by right clicking it and going to Properties
*there is this weird issue that sometimes the packages dont appear
So the Solution for this is Placing the executable file on a removable drive(but not an ext. harddisk) like a pendrive, memory card etc.

Connecting your iPad to a usb storage Device or a memory card
What you need for this is an app Called *iFile* and this device:
Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)
(You can get the Chinese-replica-version from the grey market too :wink: )

Now using the application 'iFile' you can transfer files using Bluetooth AND read the files off any Ext. Harddisk / Pendrive/Memory card etc
NOTE: I am not talking about the 'iFile' app available from the regular appstore, I am talking about the app you can download through Cydia

Alternative method: YouTube - ‪Spirit Jailbroken iPad: Mount External HFS or FAT32 Drive‬‏ :mrgreen:

Wi-Fi Sync
You can get this app off Cydia too, altho you need to pay around 9.9$ for it( correct me if Im wrong)
Altho I got it for free from another source, But I Deleted it cuz what I did was illegal and considered piracy :wink:

All you need is this app and the PC version which you can get for free from
Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and then you sync everything you can from your itunes using your Wifi connection
You'll never need a USB cable ever again ! :)
This app is specially designed for all you lazy people out there who cant get their behind to the PC and sync it like the rest of the world does.
:))

NOTE: Jailbreaking your iPad 2 is now possible!!!!
Get the JailbreakME software, but I recommend wait for the redsn0w version. :)

Alright so thats all I got for today
Feel Free to share any tweak or anything at all related to the iPad you know
Peace!

Last edited:
Top Bottom