The HD 4670(bless it) question!

So, A lot of you may be surprised but I run my games on a Palit HD 4670 that was bought about 2yrs ago...

Surprisingly, it still works AMAZINGLY well for an old card......I can run all the latest games on it at ultra settings and get about 20 FPS(which i think is a big deal for an old card)...but I prefer to run games at 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024, with medium to high settings...I get a playable 30-60 fps in these settings.....

Now, the thing is though that with more and more cards being released, I wonder if my card will get outdated soon....I'm a student and like all Gaming addicts who are students, face the problem of currency!!

So, thats when I came across overclocking, and I was thinking...Will OC'ing my GPU really make that much of a difference in terms of FPS and all?

I mean, if its just gonna add like 1 or 2 fps to the game then I dont want to bother risking my card to do it.....

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
*sigh* yeah....I might as well buy a new card.....I'm gonna miss the insanely low temperatures and the even lesser power consumption of this card though!!

ATI's BEST!!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I still run every game @1920x1080 on my trusty old HD4850, which by today's standards, is probably an ancient card. I have to admit that it's been worth every penny, had it not been the screwed up drivers that ATI churn out, I would have really rated it over Nvidia. It's been close to 2 1/2 years for my card now. I'll probably squeeze the last ounce of it before letting it go.

Top Bottom