The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
Re: All Counter-Strike/Half Life/Half Life 2 Queries here

@ashu,u can try the gaming place there,its called gamedrome its above music world.

Raiden Bee

Broken In

Or try the reliance webworld or Sify cafes near you....no need for game and hardware..

bukaida

In the zone

Hi Guys
I am stuck in this level and cannot enter the room inside the fencing.Please help. I am not a regular gamer.

KoRn

In the zone

hey guys,
today i downloaded maps for css from this site: www.halflife2.filefront.com.
I downloaded an "awp™" map.BuT!when i installed it onto the pc the map had errors/bugs in it.the map was half pink an "ERROR" was written all over in red.wats wrong is it the map dats corrupted? is so,can u give me a site where i can download bug free gauranteed working maps.

Thanx in advance!!
KoRn™

mukul

Journeyman

hey check this one out ..... i have earlier also given it

*www.thekingpin.net/maps.php?

it has all the maps...most of them....they r workig too...i myself have tested all awp series

mukul

Journeyman

@bukaida ...from the pdf its not clear which map is this...plz telll the name of maps....

bukaida

In the zone

mukul said:
@bukaida ...from the pdf its not clear which map is this...plz telll the name of maps....

It's SECRET WAR. Please help.

HL2 : Episode One

hey there guys...

plz tell me if HL2:Episode 1 need HL2 to run....can it run widout HL2????? plz reply fast guys...thanx

thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Re: HL2 : Episode One

de = Involves deffusing a bomb. e.g. de_dust and de_inferno

cs = Involves rescuing hostages. e.g. cs_office

as = It's known as assasination map. One of the C.T.'s is designated as a V.I.P. with jusy body armor and a single weapon. He is expected to reach the extraction point with the help of his sqaud.

es = Objective of the Terrorists is to escape from the C.T.'s. Discontinued later on.

aim = It stands for aiming practice in large and open maps.

surf = maps, where players manipulate a glitch in the game to "surf" down long ramps.

kz = maps, where players try to climb to the top of the level before anyone else

ka = maps, where players can only use knives

he = maps, where only knives and grenades can be used

KoRn

In the zone

@mukul
The site u mentioned doesnt have css maps,only cs:cz.i want css maps.

mukul

Journeyman

sorry dude.... may be i didnt read it properly ...here is the link ...properly categorized

*halflife2.filefront.com/files/Counter-Strike_Source/Maps;4815

vmp_vivek

In the zone

Hey mukul, korn, ashu, raiden bee, bukaida, etc.
I am making a request to you guys to let me know what versions of CS you have, 1.6, CZ, Source. This will fix our plan to play online with everyone. I have all the three versions, so when you guys post your version, the majority wins and we will decide what to play when. E.g. I am making a plan, July 2nd, between 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM IST. You guys should make a similar plan as this one is a rough idea.....

bukaida

In the zone
Re: The Half-Life and Counterstrike Thread

Nice proposal vivek, pl always select sat nite.I have 1.6. somehow i missed
the 2nd july.Pl let me know the next date.

vmp_vivek

In the zone

Hey thanks for replying! Ok, I will try to arrange for this sat, which will be July 8th and we will play for CS 1.6 for now. Meanwhile, I will wait for other people to reply......

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

Hmmm, I have CS 1.6. I will have to reinstall though. Guess 8th July gives me enough time to do that.

vmp_vivek

In the zone

^^ If you are really serious about gaming, then join Skoar's forum. This place is not that good, if you want answers for all the games. Here is the link for Skoar's discussion of Half Life 2: Episode One.

Frankly speaking, many gamers have complained that Episode 1 is short. But I feel it is a perfect game, as you have another 5-6 hours of gameplay right after Half Life 2's ending; well it tooked me 6 hours to finish cause I am one of those people who stops and looks around the ambience to experience the game, rather than rushing, killing and thus, finishing the game quickly. It's episodic so naturally it has to be short and leave us with questions instead of answers. You have all the same weapons, but this time, you have to face a new monster called a "Zombine", which is a mix of combine zombies. They throw grenades at you and are powerful if they attack in groups. Puzzles are somewhat different as you are in the Citadel this time, so you can imagine what you have to do in the Citadel if you have played Half Life 2, but they are not that hard though. The overall gameplay is the same, which is superb. I strongly recommend this game to play, if you have enjoyed Half Life 2. By the way, you DO NOT need Half Life 2 installed in your PC to play this beauty.

My score: Gameplay 9, Mojo 10, Music and sound effects 9.5, Graphics 10. OVERALL: 9.6/10 for me, not caring what the rest of the earth thinks.

Oh yeah, and I cannot wait for release of Episode 2 in December. :)

Last edited:

mukul

Journeyman

i have cs 1.6 ................
non steam.... hope that u all too have it....
luking for 8th july gameplay ...plz post ur server ip or name .....it would be easier for evry one to get on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom