Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
good news is that fisi is on 12th

seems that alonso is in trouble

barichello out

and alonso also.
that puts fisi to 10th spot, 2 spot away from points.

fisi in point scoring position

seems like fisi will have to contend with 10th spot.

and kimi wins

ferrari 1-2

FORMULA 1 Spain - Results
1 Kimi Raikkonen
2 Felipe Massa
3 Lewis Hamilton
4 Robert Kubica
5 Mark Webber
6 Jenson Button
7 Kazuki Nakajima
8 Jarno Trulli

Driver Standing
1 Kimi Raikkonen 29
2 Lewis Hamilton 20
3 Robert Kubica 19
4 Felipe Massa 18
5 Nick Heidfeld 16
6 Heikki Kovalainen 14
7 Jarno Trulli 9
8 Mark Webber 8

Constructors Standing
1 Ferrari 47
2 BMW Sauber 35
3 McLaren-Mercedes 34
4 Williams-Toyota 12
5 Toyota 9
6 Red Bull-Renault 8
7 Renault 6
8 Honda 3

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
Its final.. The inevitable has happened.. Super Aguri out of F1..! :(

The Super Aguri team have withdrawn from the Formula One World Championship because of a lack of funding.

The Japanese team have wound up their racing activities with immediate effect and will not compete at this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix.

Super Aguri have been struggling for survival since the collapse of a takeover deal by the Dubai-based Magma Group in April.

It means British driver Anthony Davidson is now without an F1 drive.

Team founder Aguri Suzuki, who broke the news in Japan, said: "Regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing racing activities.

"The loss of financial backing put the team into financial difficulties.

"With the help of Honda, we somehow managed to keep the team going, but we find it difficult to establish a way to continue the activities in the future so I have concluded to withdraw.

Source

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Argh!! Should not have happened, bad news. Hopefully someone will get interested in the future. I hate to see less then 22 cars on the starting grid.

Dipen01

Youngling
"Everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure Nelson Mandela, at 90-odd, still makes mistakes. That's life.
What people say about my performances does not really bother me - what does concern me is doing the job to the best of my abilities" - Lewis Hamilton

P.S :- Not a Hamilton fan and infact i kinda get happy when he crashes :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Its final.. The inevitable has happened.. Super Aguri out of F1..! :(

Source

BTW, It was the politics played by Nick Fry (blocking funding for aguri and blocking their transportation) that actually killed th Aguri F1 team.

*en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080507091812.shtml

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
does super aguri make any difference in F1? :p

the fight is always between the big guys - Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW, Williams.

F1 should be of only Manufacturers. these "customer" teams suck, look at red bull, two teams of same owner.:|

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
does super aguri make any difference in F1? :p

the fight is always between the big guys - Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW, Williams.

F1 should be of only Manufacturers. these "customer" teams suck, look at red bull, two teams of same owner.:|
How do you think the BIG guys became the big guys? ;)

Take the smaller teams out of Formula 1 and the sport is as good as dead.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How good F1 will be if FIA invests in these small teams and make them competitive (atleast to be in mid-field).

eg: Spyker was on back of the grid team last year but now, after Mallya's investment, they are now showing good pace and in few races, they will be competing with Toyota's and Red Bull's.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yes, FIA is doing such things, IIRC, something of this sort was undertaken around 2004 when Michael and Ferrari were dominant and outsiders considered the sport as a bore. No idea what happened after that, I remember only that they changed the rules completely.

And when big money is involved, there is politics naturally, which is such a shame really, in this pure art of racing.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ferrari's on top in Friday practice in Istanbul.

With successive wins in 2006 and 2007, Ferrari arrive at Istanbul Park with an enviable track record at the Turkish circuit. And there were signs that their run of good fortune may well continue on Friday, with Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen topping the times in the morning and afternoon practice sessions respectively.

That said, with McLaren pushing the red cars hard and Red Bull coming on strong, there's still everything to play for ahead of qualifying on Saturday, with no guarantees that Ferrari are going to have it all their own way…
Read more at SOURCE

And this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix marks the historic 257th race start of Rubens Barrichello, (the highest ever) that's an awesome feat. His helmet and car will be sporting a livery displaying 257.

Just to put that into perspective, imagine 16 races per year, that accounts to 16 years in F1, 16 years of constant sponsoring, constant fitness, constant growth and still going strong. Who would have thought this after his horrendous crash in qualifying at Imola in May 1994, the same weekend the late great Senna lost his life? Simply amazing. A round of beer for Rubino please!!..:D

Last edited:

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Fisichella runs red light, drops three grid places

Stewards at the Turkish Grand Prix in Istanbul have given Force India’s Giancarlo Fisichella a three-place grid penalty for Sunday’s race for exiting the pits under a red light.

The infraction is understood to have occurred at the very start of Friday’s opening practice session, in which the Italian was among the first to take to the track for an initial installation lap.

The stewards’ decision means three places will be added to whatever position Fisichella achieves in Saturday’s qualifying session.

Dipen01

Youngling
Kimi was awesome in Q2 but dunno what happened to him in Q3, Although it might be slight mistake on his part. I don't think he is very slow. On the other hand Massa is absolutely flying even though i suspect he is lightest of top 4 but still he was phenomenal.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
hamilton leads from massa

hamilton on 3 stop strategy?

massa wins
hamilton second followed by kimi

Turkish Grand Prix Results
01 Felipe Massa
02 Lewis Hamilton
03 Kimi Räikkönen
04 Robert Kubica
05 Nick Heidfeld