• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
well again this is mainly because of the media hype.They hyped it so much,it is but natural for the players to come under so much pressure before the game,that they dont play their normal game.Ditto like the england team in the WC.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Wow...even after spending insane amount of money,they couldn't beat Man Utd..Lol.....Had chamakh not been substituted in the last game to RVP against newcastle,they could have atleast salvaged a draw out of it..he is a sensational player...& Looks like liverpool is back to their 'away form'... :p...Heard kuyt got substituted for poulson.... :D...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Essien got sent off. Fair enough. Fibreglass should have seen red as well. And Wenger says other teams are out to get his players. That's the 2nd reckless tackle by one of his own players after he waged his war against bad tackles. :rolleyes::lol:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Essien got sent off. Fair enough. Fibreglass should have seen red as well. And Wenger says other teams are out to get his players. That's the 2nd reckless tackle by one of his own players after he waged his war against bad tackles. :rolleyes::lol:

Fibreglass???U mean fabregas???

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fabregas' tackled was bad. He got a yellow for it. When Mick McCarthy doesn't have any problem with it, why do you? :rolleyes: Fabregas went for the ball, I couldn't see any intent from him to hurt the player. He didn't even know that the Wolves player has got hurt when he got up.

Assien's tackle on the other hand was out of this world. :cool:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ You obviously did not see ze incident. Essien barely got a touch on the player. Go see it again. He was carded because it was two-footed.
Wenger always comes out whining whenever that happens to his players. Other players also go for the ball. I can't see any intent from them to hurt fellow players. :rolleyes:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
So...Fabregas's tackle wasn't two footed. :cool: The "other leg" just got stuck in between the legs for Wolves player. There wasn't any intent from Assien, when I have said it was?

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I think we should just blame it on the ref and move on. On any other day, it'd have been a red. I just raised the issue to make the most blinkered of Arses realize that other teams are NOT out to get their players. Hopefully, now Arsene knows. :D

I wonder if Arsene Wenger and Cesc Fabregas would have responded with such good grace had the roles been reversed at Molineux last night? Mick McCarthy is not a media darling (admittedly because he sounds as thick as two short planks) but given some of the abuse his Wolves team have been on the receiving end of from such intellectual luminaries as Danny Murphy, McCarthy could've been forgiven for really milking it. Instead he accepted the apology and case closed, I hope his example will show the drama queens in Premier League that this is still a contact sport and these things will sometimes happen

Ahem...

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, Blackburn and Stoke are always out to hurt everyone.

anyways...
*img248.imageshack.us/img248/3469/wfte.jpg
*img574.imageshack.us/img574/81/106683878.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
well, Blackburn and Stoke are always out to hurt everyone.

anyways...
*img248.imageshack.us/img248/3469/wfte.jpg
*img574.imageshack.us/img574/81/106683878.jpg

:lol:

Ok now that is just vulgar.. :p :D

Didn't see the game..did essien get a direct red or something??What happened with fabregas thing??Can anyone enlighten me pls?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically both the tackles were bad and could have been Red. Fabregas got lucky and it was only a yellow. But the linesman had obviously viewed ze incident well. The referee had taken his opinion before booking Fabregas.

---

Ian Holloway said:
"I am paid to be the manager of Blackpool Football Club and paid to utilise them in a 25-man squad," Holloway said. "I did not play anyone outside my 25 yesterday, so I don't know what on Earth they are talking about. They should judge my team on how they played. If they had lost 10-0, maybe then I had played a weakened team.

"I need to take this squad forward to see who is good enough and who isn't and I believe they all are - I would not have signed them otherwise."

"I am not having anyone tell me who I can play. My chairman does not do it, so why should the Premier League? Who the hell are they to tell me, with the greatest respect, who I have signed are they good enough or not even before they have had a chance to play?"

"We've got more points (14) than any of you people [the media] ever thought we would get. If you talk about the game, we earned at least a point."

"How dare anyone tell me the players I've been working with, I can't give them a chance. Tonight they have enhanced their reputation"

Video: *news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9178229.stm

Premier league needs characters like him.

---

Wojciech Szczesny pens new long-term deal - *www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wojciech-szczesny-pens-new-long-term-contract

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I reckon, you'll like this blog too: The Swiss Ramble

Perhaps, the best out there with some funny images + great insight. :p

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Just listened to Holloway's rant,and I agree with it.Even though it was Wenger who first raised questions about Wolves' team selection last year,the managers have the right to rotate and prioritise their games,IMO.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, at that time McCarthy had acted like a twat and publicly said that he doesn't expect to win the game. This was wrong.

Holloway went there with his other players, but went there to win.

iinfi

mekalodu
Lamps injured again ... Once upon a time he had a record 164 consecutive Premier League appearances to his name. At 32 he is one the most loved names in west London.
neither essien nor obi are able to create the same impact as lamps used to do in every game even when they are at their peak. obi is still young and sud be moulded to fit into the makelele role instead of using him as a attacking option ... McEachran n Kakuta sud be given more exposure. they r natural attacking players and one of them sud be long term replacements for Lamps..

Top Bottom