• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

rgsilent

Broken In
I'm not talking about the net spend. And I think it's higher than that but that's a different thing as most transfers are just estimates. My point was he has SPENT 250 million odd on buying players. Some of whom he bought in truckloads and got rid of them shortly for a loss. Keane, dossena come to mind.

I never said owners weren't at fault. I just said rafa has made a huge contribution to messing up the funds. You can't say money wasn't there when a man spends the amount he has. It has obviously dried up now as debt was always going to be a barrier. The fans shouldn't blame only the owners for everything is my point.

I'm not laughing at liverpool's situation at all. It's the fans completely blaming the owners and buying into whatever rafa said that i'm laughing at.

I hate the current financial situation in world football as much as the biggest and the oldest football fan and what has happened to a historically great club like liverpool and happening to us really shows up the sad and clueless nature of the people who head fifa, uefa, fa etc.

As far as the green and gold, it's point was to create awareness amongst fans who weren't in the know. We used an innovative method to catch maximum eyeballs and media lapped it up and it worked in atleast getting the average supporter around the world aware that all isn't well like the club wants to paint it to be. We sent emails, yes, but to bring the media in and gets maximum mileage unlike spamming rbs to get the team into administration and dock them 9 points without a clue on who will buy the club.

It worked to an extent of us getting a consortum atleast looking into buying us. Obviously buying something for more than a billion with no fixed returns is something not many would like to do.

So it didn't get what we wanted but we came somewhat close in uniting the support.

@LIVERPOOL FAN: Have the balls to counter things instead of acting all high and mighty.

About the moron thing, we can see who it is when fans want to spam journalists with trash about bringing a man who ****ed their club up back.

it was funny when a journalist from new york times was spammed hadn't a clue who benitez was.

You get laughed at when you do things like that. I'm all for campaigns which make sense. Burning the american flag, wanting a man who ****ed you up back, getting you team in administration without having a clue who'd buy you don't.

Last edited:

rgsilent

Broken In
Just read the ridiculous email which is being sent to everyone and their dog at rbs. So many things wrong with it. Do you supporters honestly think they'll see an email (x1000s) and not refinance them? It's an extreme case when a club is taken into administration. RBS will hold back till the utmost before it goes into administration as they'd want the club to be healthy and fetch them the max they can get instead of jumping onto getting the yanks out just because some fans are upset with the state of the club. I'm no business guy, but that's common sense how businesses work. You people would actually take a 9 point deduction just to get rid of the owners? What then? You'd have a bank trying to sell a club in relegation zone with really dim prospects and no money to invest to someone mad enough to cough up millions?

i'm not trying to offend or come across all smug because i can understand some of the plight as united in its current situation can go the exact same route with a few years. All i want to see is people having an iota of sense and think instead of jumping onto anyone who thinks it won't work.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I'm not talking about the net spend. And I think it's higher than that but that's a different thing as most transfers are just estimates. My point was he has SPENT 250 million odd on buying players. Some of whom he bought in truckloads and got rid of them shortly for a loss. Keane, dossena, aureillo come to mind.
Net spend is the actually the money which is SPENT.

I never said owners weren't at fault. I just said rafa has made a huge contribution to messing up the funds. You can't say money wasn't there when a man spends the amount he has. It has obviously dried up now as debt was always going to be a barrier. The fans shouldn't blame only the owners for everything is my point.
Rafa made mistakes in his last season. Everyone knows it. Aquilani for £20m and Glen Johnson for £18m. Both poor signings.

I'm not laughing at liverpool's situation at all. It's the fans completely blaming the owners and buying into whatever rafa said that i'm laughing at.
well, their previous owner David Moores was also an idiot. He didn't sell the club to Steve Morgan (now he the owner of Wolves) who was actually a lifelong Liverpool fan and really loved the club even if he wasn't in the league of Sheikh Mansour or Abramovich.

Sadly, you'll only understand their position when your club experiences the same. If it does, will it be really correct to say "Ferguson ****ed Man Utd in the back...signed crap players like Anderson...Carrick...Hargreaves even when we were in debt."??? It really won't cancel out the enormous good which Ferguson has done for Man Utd. Although there is no comparison between Benitez and Ferguson...we all know who the better manager is. But Benitez had done a great job at Liverpool if you overlook his last season. He had only one bad season, honestly.

About the moron thing, we can see who it is when fans want to spam journalists with trash about bringing a man who ****ed their club up back.
Rafael Benitez was a good manager. 1 Premiership title challenge and 2 UCL finals. He made mistakes in his last season though. I think this sums up well without meaningless and sensational over-exaggeration.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Quite funny to get 'spamming' accusation from someone who has the time and inclination to moronically modify and sent wind up mail to various echo or the people whom are actually intended to be informed of our opinions.
rgsilent said:
And another sending email campaign? Gotta laugh at the scouse. Hope this one doesn't end like the one in which my wind up letter ended up on the liverpool echo crying to bring benitez back

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I'm not talking about the net spend. And I think it's higher than that but that's a different thing as most transfers are just estimates. My point was he has SPENT 250 million odd on buying players. Some of whom he bought in truckloads and got rid of them shortly for a loss. Keane, dossena come to mind.
So the money which was RECOUPED by sales of players, of which many actually were sold at a profit, is NOT to be considered?
OK lemme apply this logic.
Say, I spend 30 lakhs on house A. Didn't like the location, so sold it for 25 lakhs and got got house B for 35 lakhs. That means I SPENT emm..65 lakhs? Interesting.

On the other hand Rafa inherited a rather average team, and transformed that team to a CL title, an FA Cup, a CL final, second place in the league, among some other decent achievements. Well at least I prefer the 2010 team rather than 2004.
Another thing to note is that the cracks did not appear before the owners took over at Anfield. I can shove tons of stats on your face, but heh it would not change you or your arrogant assumptions I am sure.

heh @ that
I hate the current financial situation in world football as much as the biggest and the oldest football fan and what has happened to a historically great club like liverpool and happening to us really shows up the sad and clueless nature of the people who head fifa, uefa, fa etc.
hmm ok

As far as the green and gold, it's point was to create awareness amongst fans who weren't in the know.
We used an innovative method to catch maximum eyeballs and media lapped it up and it worked in atleast getting the average supporter around the world aware that all isn't well like the club wants to paint it to be. We sent emails, yes, but to bring the media in and gets maximum mileage unlike spamming rbs to get the team into administration and dock them 9 points without a clue on who will buy the club.
Your post looks a like a straight rip out of someone's PR exercise book. As for spamming point look above. You clearly lack the depth of intelligence to understand the aims of the E-Mails campaigns and why is it being done.

It worked to an extent of us getting a consortum atleast looking into buying us. Obviously buying something for more than a billion with no fixed returns is something not many would like to do.
Did they buy you lot? Nope. Your campaigns haven't been effective, yet. And oh those Norwich scarves over the the jerseys bought from Glazer consortium is quite funny and ironical at the same time.

So it didn't get what we wanted but we came somewhat close in uniting the support.
o rly?

@LIVERPOOL FAN: Have the balls to counter things instead of acting all high and mighty.
In that regard, I am reminded of another quote:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
:)

About the moron thing, we can see who it is when fans want to spam journalists with trash about bringing a man who ****ed their club up back
er my previous post to be read here
it was funny when a journalist from new york times was spammed hadn't a clue who benitez was.
funny that you highlight this point, while you fail to highlight:
Team Owner Tom Hicks Takes Heat From Liverpool's Angry Soccer Fans - WSJ.com

You get laughed at when you do things like that. I'm all for campaigns which make sense. Burning the american flag, wanting a man who ****ed you up back, getting you team in administration without having a clue who'd buy you don't.
We dont' want the owners back :p And they haven't even gone yet ;)
As for the flag incident, it been taken out of context. The burning of the US flag symbolised movement against the american owners with no vitriol whatsoever towards US citizens. Sure it didn't look nice and was perhaps kiddish/small time, but no need to blow it out of proportion.
And yeah lad do research on the insane price Hicks has set up and also do read about the implication of RBS taking over. Liverpool fans have lot more clues than you about their club, we don't need advice(bollocks) from someone like you, thank you very much.

Just read the ridiculous email which is being sent to everyone and their dog at rbs. So many things wrong with it. Do you supporters honestly think they'll see an email (x1000s) and not refinance them?
No one is thinking that they'll just see e-mail and think omg we won't refinance. The point of the E-Mail campaign is just to let RBS know about the magnitude of LFC fans which are against refinance AND the highlighting the past failures of H & G (Corinthians, Texas Rangers)

It's an extreme case when a club is taken into administration. RBS will hold back till the utmost before it goes into administration as they'd want the club to be healthy and fetch them the max they can get instead of jumping onto getting the yanks out just because some fans are upset with the state of the club I'm no business guy, but that's common sense how businesses work.
There's not only one way to work in business lad.

You people would actually take a 9 point deduction just to get rid of the owners?
Yup
What then? You'd have a bank trying to sell a club in relegation zone with really dim prospects and no money to invest to someone mad enough to cough up millions?
omg just because we happen to be in relegation zone does that mean we are relgated already? Perhaps in your bed-wetting dreams lad. If you chuck out the debts, our club IS financially healthy and due to magnitude of LFC fans and their commitment will surely fill our 44K stadium once the owners are out.
You should also learn the research before opening your fat mouth. The price Hicks has quoted for LFC is insane, and no one will buy the club at that price while RBS on the other hand will sell at whatever price which deemed fit for them, so that they can just get their principal + interests. Does that go over the head of yours or are you still acting like a moron like you did with the mails?
i'm not trying to offend or come across all smug because i can understand some of the plight as united in its current situation can go the exact same route with a few years. All i want to see is people having an iota of sense and think instead of jumping onto anyone who thinks it won't work.
Clearly you are of school of thought that believes that only you speak sense and have a sense of self-zealatory. Quick typical for a Manc.

Last edited:

rgsilent

Broken In
I have on strength to type and counter each point again from my cell as my comp is dead. i'll get to you lot in detail when i have my new rig in the next two days or so.

anyway to sum it up from my side...

benitez has spent a lot of money on crap players. net spend i still think is more that 88mn. but again i'll need a comp to get to it in debt. But he has left the side is total **** at the moment with absolutely no money. My point was he has spent 250 million on players, surely he could have done a better job with it. he's a good coach but has been **** in the transfer market and left the team with lack of quality and debt.

and the man spent millions. 88mil over 5 seasons does make a reasonable net spend of 17 odd million a season. Surely that's more than enough a net amount per season to not be as **** as they are now.

About letting rbs know? what the hell would they think knowing liverpool fans are upset? oh, the mighty reds are upset we should do what they want! businesses run for money. pure and simple. nothing else.

and liverpool fan...you never answered what after administration? who do you think will buy you? and is there any assurance he/she/it will be better than what you have?

re the spammer thing. i just typed out a letter which took no less than 2 minutes to type. someone had just copied the mailing list of journos and newspapers from rawk. it was ridiculous and thus was laughed upon and deserved to be wummed.

re ico about ferguson thing - he has won it all, has been pretty good in the transfer market and will leave united in a healthy state for the next manager to overtake. why compare the two when it is completely irrelevant? the only thing similar is the debt. both are managed quite differently.

rgsilent

Broken In
Relegation was obviously tongue in cheek. if you can't see it, something wrong with you. Anyway worse things have happened in football. you only have to look at leeds and more recently portsmouth. so careful what you wish for.

I know he has quoted somewhere around 800m which is really ridiculous. But we weren't even talking about it. It's something most businesses will do to get a good profit. they obviously would want to get some profit on their investment so will try to hold out for as much as possible. getting into administration could be dire. you'd have to scramble for a buyer and you might not get one you're hoping for. banks might start asset stripping but that's an extreme case. What's more to you? hatred for the owners or love for the club? how can you willingly want the club to go into administration and docked points?

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
"Liverpool finished with Gerrard at centre-back, Raul Meireles at left‑back, and Kyrgiakos up front" guardian news...This kind of sums up the whole game...

Liverpool 1-2 Blackpool | Premier League match report | Football | The Guardian

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
anyway to sum it up from my side...
benitez has spent a lot of money on crap players. net spend i still think is more that 88mn. but again i'll need a comp to get to it in debt.
No one is interested in your bollocks.

But he has left the side is total **** at the moment with absolutely no money.
So £88-100M net spend for 6 years will leave a club lik Liverpool with NO money? :rolleyes:
My point was he has spent 250 million on players, surely he could have done a better job with it. he's a good coach but has been **** in the transfer market and left the team with lack of quality and debt.
£250M bollocks again :lol: As for transfer market which he purchased over the years:
Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Sissoko, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Crouch, Lucas, Luis Garcia, Benayoun, N'gog, Kyrgiakos, all of them have been success in varying levels. I do admit there were massive mistakes like Babel, Keane, Aquilani and Johnson, but apart from them, most of the bad signings have been bosman or cheap signings. So your argument about been "****" in transfer market is bollocks AND the assertion of putting team with lack of quality is BS.
And before linking the debt with Rafa, just STFU, that's pure FUD, and again, did I say STFU?

and the man spent millions. 88mil over 5 seasons does make a reasonable net spend of 17 odd million a season. Surely that's more than enough a net amount per season to not be as **** as they are now.
Team on paper is now way "****" and certainly should fight for top 4. And finish top 6 at least, I have no idea why we are being this bad.
I wonder why Rafa is still being blamed with months gone? Firstly he left a decent squad and what the players are doing now is not his fault.

About letting rbs know? what the hell would they think knowing liverpool fans are upset? oh, the mighty reds are upset we should do what they want! businesses run for money. pure and simple. nothing else.
Read the post again. READ IT.

and liverpool fan...you never answered what after administration? who do you think will buy you? and is there any assurance he/she/it will be better than what you have?
I understand one thing, if RBS gives H & G, an extension that would imply:

1. More debts at the end of next round
  2. Same situation next season with even MORE debts

There is certainly no assurance of any new owner being any better. But at this point the sole concentration is to ensure exit of H & G which will make sure that the price H & G have quoted for sale of the football club would no longer matter, if RBS takes over they certainly won't quote that insane amount.

re the spammer thing. i just typed out a letter which took no less than 2 minutes to type. someone had just copied the mailing list of journos and newspapers from rawk. it was ridiculous and thus was laughed upon and deserved to be wummed
Actually that pastebin was written by me. Secondly you are a WUM yourself. Thirdly you don't get it do you. Fourthly, my point stand.. You spent Two minutes on a wind up on a serious situation, you are no more than a pathetic troll with no life who actually gets pleasure by winding up people over the internet. Moron you are.

Relegation was obviously tongue in cheek. if you can't see it, something wrong with you.
heh catching the excuse of 'tongue in cheek', 'sarcasm', etc.
Anyway worse things have happened in football. you only have to look at leeds and more recently portsmouth. so careful what you wish for.
Precisely the E-Mail campaigns as well the mass movements is aimed for, so that we avoid that possibilily.

I know he has quoted somewhere around 800m which is really ridiculous. But we weren't even talking about it. It's something most businesses will do to get a good profit. they obviously would want to get some profit on their investment so will try to hold out for as much as possible. getting into administration could be dire. you'd have to scramble for a buyer and you might not get one you're hoping for. banks might start asset stripping but that's an extreme case. What's more to you? hatred for the owners or love for the club? how can you willingly want the club to go into administration and docked points?
Docked points has lesser possibility.

Second a short term loss of 9 points is better than long term presence of H & G. It's not about the hate against the owners. it about the hate against what financial state the owners have left the club. There is a clear cut case of Texas Rangers and Corinthians to look at, and for that to be avoided, the exit of Hicks and Gillett is necessary.

rgsilent

Broken In
:)) Bringing rafa back who, in one season, got you out of the group stages of cl and from second to seventh with demotivated and unsettled players is a serious campaign? you sir are a deluded bellend.you came up with that **** campaign no wonder you're so riled up. :))

i wished rafa stayed forever at liverpool but i guess hodgson is doing a far better job.

re the getting the team into administration - you're a bellend. you hate it that liverpool can't spend huge sums of money on transfer rather than wanting your team to do well. as i said..it's football..be careful for what you wish.

and about me thinking i'm always right, that's the entire basis of having a debate. stop acting all high and mighty.

rgsilent

Broken In
A nine points loss can be dire looking at the situation. I know it won't be but I can only hope. :D

Just give him a few games and I think he'll steady the ship. And yes don't expect to reach top 4 anytime soon or you're bound to get disappointment and crying your hearts out to the world saying how the high and mighty lfc is being wrongly done in my evil yanks with a few more come back rafa campaigns.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:)) Bringing rafa back who, in one season, got you out of the group stages of cl and from second to seventh with demotivated and unsettled players is a serious campaign?
Campaign to bring back Rafa? Bloody hell some people are blind. :|
you sir are a deluded bellend.you came up with that **** campaign no wonder you're so riled up. :mrgreen:
mind your bellend and asterisks lad, it can hurt you REAL bad

re the getting the team into administration - you're a bellend. you hate it that liverpool can't spend huge sums of money on transfer rather than wanting your team to do well. as i said..it's football..be careful for what you wish.
did I say I want MY club to into administration? I just prefer adminstration NOW rather than more debts + Administration later. Is that so hard to grasp?

rgsilent

Broken In
I was referring to wumming an email campaign started by liverpool fans to bring rafa back. you might have thought of some other campaign. I'll get you a link if i can of my wum. :p

moron and bellend mean pretty much the same so don't be such a hypocrite. And :rofl: at the supposed threat.

As for the arterix...it meant sh!t if you couldn't figure it out which was to describle that campaign as. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
There's no damn campaign to bring Rafa back. Seriously What. The. Hell. You probably "WUMmed" some random LFC fans who wanted Rafa back and painting yourself as some sort of "winnarrr" which is :lol:
If "Bellend" means same as "moron", then "fcuk" means "hell" and "cvnt" means a "person who is really disliked"
Perhaps in that context: Get the fcuk out of here cvnt :lol:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
:)) Bringing rafa back who, in one season, got you out of the group stages of cl and from second to seventh with demotivated and unsettled players is a serious campaign? you sir are a deluded bellend.you came up with that **** campaign no wonder you're so riled up. :))

i wished rafa stayed forever at liverpool but i guess hodgson is doing a far better job.
It is their club, let them do what they want. If you want to laugh and giggle, do that but not in the moronic way.

When HAS HE said this? Stop saying random things out of your head.

Too much reading Redcafe and RAWK for you, I guess.

Secondly, even Man Utd can't afford to spend money on transfers. Financially, they are in an equally big turmoil, but their success on pitch makes many fans think that they are rich and can spend.

Last edited:

rgsilent

Broken In
We can't but we aren't in that big a trouble financially as them. And I already said I have nothing but sympathy towards their financial situation and anger towards these kinds of owners. I am in no way trying to mock their financial state. I just want to make a point that benitez has had a huge effect on what today is liverpool fc and not a very good one. But people treat him like some god which i can't understand.

just found the link. was a wum when benitez was about to be fired and fans wanted him to stay. Apologies to everyone for that. was funny though.

Top Bottom