• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Brother of United's Mame Biram Diouf beaten up after Manchester derby

*www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/19/manchester-united-city-diouf

:|

Abdul Diouf, visiting his younger sibling while on holiday from Dakar, was punched and kicked to the ground because he was wearing his brother's shirt from the Carling Cup final, with the player's surname emblazoned above the number 32 – as worn previously by Carlos Tevez.

Witnesses said the 28-year-old was set upon after "walking the wrong way" during large-scale disorder outside the City of Manchester stadium. He was struck several times but did not lose consciousness. "He was attacked from behind by some Manchester City supporters as he was walking away from the ground," Jim Solbakken, Diouf's agent, said. "Fortunately he managed to get away without any bad injuries and he did not need medical treatment."

sack of sh1tes..attack an innocent person,that too from behind.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Fvcking hell.United have all the luck in this world.Ferguson made a pact with the devil or something?

we make our luck you fool... we haven't been lucky ... remember the 1st half of the season with all the injuries...

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Brother of United's Mame Biram Diouf beaten up after Manchester derby

*www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/19/manchester-united-city-diouf

:|

sack of sh1tes..attack an innocent person,that too from behind.

what more can u expect from them?

XTerminator

This season belongs to Wooney then as the EPL's second best striker after Dogbra.

i say rooney has been far better than drogba this season.also in terms of inspiring the team.drogba has been average at best when chelsea have been under pressure.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
YAY TOON!
Now go back down again.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

The only team I want up next season is Notts Forest.A big club with a lot of history which hasn't been in the PL lately.

XTerminator

personally,id like to see west ham go down now,next season,if they continue with their no-show.with the resources they have they should be in a comfortable position,but yesterday's match vs liverpool confirmed my dislike towards their current tactics.yea zola is trying his best.but its not enough.

Rahim

Married!
An appeal to fellow posters here, why don't we discuss non-matchday topics?

I always wanted to ask this question. If a player who has been blessed with strength and uses that natural ability to out-muscle the other player, who is weak, does that amount to unfair advantage? I see plenty of referees blowing the whistle and giving freekicks in fabour of the latter.
If a skillfull player uses his mastery of dribbling and tricks to go past players, isn't that too unfair on the former's part? But we seem to clap for that guy.
Both are using the abilities which are naturally bestowed upon them and good at.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Davids could do them both.

A perfect sliding tackle is as admirable as a dribble past 2-3 players. Out-muscling is fine until it isn't a "foul" and doesn't involve things like tugging the shirt.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Well,if the physical player is using unfair means to stop the skillful player then a foul is appropriate.However if your Messis get beaten in a shoulder to shoulder battle then its fair and usually is not deemed a foul.
Both the styles have their place,but a physical player needs to be skilled as well to use his skill efficiently and safely.

Classic case studies here would be Drogba and RVP I guess. Dont mention that midget's name.

As long as there is no tugging of shirts, diving, tripping, stamping, there is absolutely no harm in using physical advantage. Drogba is not skillful, but he more than makes for it by winning the ball through sheer strength, and of course speed.

RVP, in the 4-5 months we saw him, used skill, chipping the ball over, and getting into good positions. Again, with speed.

Speed is critical to both. It's not misuse of advantage, rather it's making most of the opponent's disadvantage (in case of strength or skill)

Terry in his early days, Makelele, Campbell, Essien, Song, Edgar Davids, etc. managed to use combo of speed and timing to tackle strikers. Dawson's tackle on Drogba over the last game was classic case of cancelling out Drogba's physical presence. But Terry, well, I needn't say more.

So it's a case of both perspective and fact.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Unfortunately 80% of the physical players in the English leagues atleast,are just brutes who want to get "stuck in".(Shawcross,Martin Taylor) They are not skilled like Makelele or Gilberto to use their physique wisely,so they prefer to just lunge in.

Rahim

Married!
Nobody's active? Quite strange.

BTW Inter 1-1 Barcelona at HT at San Siro.
Inter's passing is awful and their defenders are making mistakes. Barcelona has been a little slow, maybe they dont want to over-commit. Messi is being body-checked .

Top Bottom