• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
no, i mistaken ruralterror to ico. Acutally it's ico's friend.

ico hasn't made his way to TDF as he was very busy in studying :wink:.

he told me on IRC.

red_devil

Back!
^ LOL :D

btw this season will be very interesting.

United without Tevez and Ronaldo, Arsenal without Ade, Chelsea with Drogba and possibly without Terry ;) , and Pool with Rafa --- It'll make such a great season to watch and Citeh with their newly assembled team :D

I just want the season to kick off asap and want Man Citeh to get pwned in every single match. :p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I still dont count Citeh in title race.
Even Gooners I don't think will feature unless they sign a good DM, another defender, at least.
(BTW ico, A_G don't take offense to this, for this is a fackt) :p

red_devil

Back!
^ neither do I think that Citeh are in the title race. I only mentioned them in that post 'cos I'd like to see them get beat every single game so that they (the oil guys) can understand that money isn't everything in football .. and the fact that Tevez isn't worth whatever they've paid :D
{rahim, I don't rate Tevez as high as you do and therefore Tevez isn't worthy of the huge amount is only my personal opinion. :D}

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
Tevez is a quality player, no matter how much you deny. :|
Certainly not worth that price, but still is horribly good [:D] player
But he is certainly more worth than that Bobatov of yours.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
BTW, here's a mail on City's strikers:

As a Walsall fan, I look at the transfer dealings of pretty much everyone with envy. Due to this, I find it hard to criticise most of the time. However, Man City and their new range of strikers gives me cause for concern.

The problem? Well, I think it is international travel and jet lag. Tevez (Argentina), Santa Cruz (Paraguay), Robinho (Brazil) and Adebayor (Togo) all have some pretty serious travel to do for international breaks. Given that conventional wisdom would have it that it is difficult to play the weekend after a 14 hour flight, Man City could be left with Craig Bellamy as their only recognised striker on several occasions making them prime targets for an upset.

Allow me to share the mid October international break as an example. Man City travel to Villa on Monday night (05/10) before all the players jet off. On October 10th Paraguay travel to Venezuela before hosting Columbia on the 14th; on these same dates Brazil travel to Bolivia before hosting Venezuela while Argentina travel to Peru and then host Uruguay. Let us not forget that Togo face a difficult trip to Cameroon on the 10th too and maybe a friendly on the 14th. Man City then play again on the 18th away at Wigan.

I now it sounds like a bit of a petty thing to criticise but does it not show a certain lack of foresight and planning to not plan ahead enough to have so many of the players from one position all rendered unplayable at the same time. Surely, even a small amount of thought and planning would have made it prudent to have spent some of the money buying a European striker who will not be expected to fly long haul and play 36 hours later.

Am I wrong because to me it just seems like a big mistake to possibly lose all four of your top strikers to jet lag when quality European alternatives like Huntelaar are available for similar fees.

Valid points?

Top Bottom