• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ From Barry's perspective, he is correct. He openly declared that he wanted to move to Pool last season but the Reds kept haggling over the transfer fees with Villa. When the deal collapsed, it was Barry who was booed by the Villa fans and even stripped of captaincy. :|

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
But is it Rafa's fault either? :|
He tried his best to sign him up, but Moaning O'Neill kept his price such unbelievably higher and just didn't let him go. Even I don't blame O'Neill totally either, since everyone wants to keep their best players.
But with Rick Parry, we have messed up so many times, I have to mention.

Also Rafa was right. Why didn't Barry stay at Villa? Surely his move was about money. :|
But I think Rafa shouldn't have taken a jibe at Barry and Citeh. It was unnecessary.

I guess it would be too m harsh for me to say He should have waited but I daresay Villa fans were more than a bit hurt when he joined Citeh.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ Barry could not have stayed at Villa any longer, after repeatedly insisting that he wanted to leave last season. The fans would have made his life worse than hell. :D

And since you've mentioned MON quoting a very high price, just look at the price Rafa is quoting for Alonso - 30M GBP for the same player whom Rafa hawked all across Europe for 15M GBP last season. :p

It's a business for all of them. The only idiots who think about it so passionately are the fans. None of the fans would think twice if someone offered to double their wages for doing the same job, but when a player moves to a clkub that offers higher wages, he becomes disloyal and a traitor. :|

-------------EDIT:-------------

The fans would have made his life worse than hell.

I say this because Barry had been offered a new contract sometime last year, which he refused. He now only had 1 year on his contract and if he stayed at Villa, he could have easily turned down any contract extension and moved on for free next season.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
@Kl@w
That is why I said I don't blame O'Neill totally. :p
We have the similar situation for Alonso. But remember here the buyers are Madrid not Liverpool. You know about Madrid money. :D
Alonso is certainly worth 30M GBP IMHO (to Madrid only). If Madrid could pay such insane amounts for CR7(now CR9), and Kaka, surely 30M GBP for Alonso whom you'll agree has improved by a longshot and is probably among the best deep vying playmaker in the world. They just want him for lower price because he wouldn't sell that many shirts. WTF!!!
But yeah if Xabi goes public and says that he REALLY wants to go to Madrid, then I guess his price would fall. :|
As for the wages thingy, what I believe, that players are already earning such insane amounts already, and when they leave to a lower club just for higher wages, they just look plain greedy. For instance Terry already earns quite a mount, but if he leaves you lot for Citeh just for higher wages How will you feel? This feels particularly bad if the club has actually developed that player and that player leaves the club when they need him the most. a.k.a. Michael Owen.
However if a club is indeed paying low wages/doesn't give enough games/is incompetent then the players have right to seek move elsewhere, thats natural. :p

Rural Terror

Broken In
------------- Lehmann ------------
Lauren - Toure - Campbell - Cashley
--------- Viera - Gilberto ----------
Ljungberg ------------------- Pires
------- Bergkamp - Henry ---------

8)

Rahim

Married!
^OK. I got it. You are a Gunner!!!

Why is Rafa ranting so much. Is he feeling lonely?
Sour grapes written all over his speech. He is pricing Alonso way too high despite Alonso wanting to join Real. So what money is he talking? He is behaving like a hypocrite. Let Barry alone, wil you. He is better than Lucas :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
------------- Lehmann ------------
Lauren - Toure - Campbell - Cashley
--------- Viera - Gilberto ----------
Ljungberg ------------------- Pires
------- Bergkamp - Henry ---------

8)
Lehmann at Arsenal team of the decade? I think Seamen would deserve that place more.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Why is Rafa ranting so much. Is he feeling lonely?
:rolleyes:

Sour grapes written all over his speech. He is pricing Alonso way too high despite Alonso wanting to join Real. So what money is he talking? He is behaving like a hypocrite. Let Barry alone, wil you. He is better than Lucas :D
When did Alonso "want" to join Madrid? He has not said that once even.
Sheesh! You read too much Tabloid Trash.:| :lol:
Unless He admits that publically then he wants to join Real Madrid.

The reason he is doing that is because he wants to fend off Madrid's interest. And in case he loses one of his prized players, he would have enough sum to buy a replacement particularly in these times of "inflated" prices of players.

Rahim

Married!
^hehe..........just bcoz I had some quarrels with red_devil doesnt make me a Liverpool fan :D
united all the way.........
I like Heinze as a player, robust, combative, never-say-die attitude. I wish Rio could emulate him :D

BTW that is a cropped image and he is wearing a United shirt :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Michael Owen scores late winner for ManU!!! :shock:

*www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5439564,00.html

Looks like the journos are gonna have to do a rethink! :D

Top Bottom