• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
It remains to be seen if he can fill the defensive void for Le Arse. If Wenger has spent 10 million on him, he might be pretty good.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
David Villa is NO LONGER FOR SALE.

"I want to confirm the decision that we have taken to not sell Villa. We have the made the decision after days of deliberating and after weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of any deal. Villa is the best forward in Europe and we have the good luck that he is at Valencia.

"We will fight so he stays with us. He is a very important player. Valencia need these types of players who show and have shown their commitment each day. The fans knows we will count on having a competitive team and competing to the highest level," Marca quote him as saying.

"When I arrived here I found that some conversations had been initiated. From then on there have been doubts about whether to sell Villa. I can assure you that David Villa has never been sold. They are rumours and we work in reality. Nothing more."

Despite his declarations though, Llorente did leave some doubt in his speech, declaring that there is a chance he could still go.

"I cannot say that if a huge scandalous offer came in we will not sell, but I wanted to put an end to the rumours. We have never been auctioning nor offering the player," he said.

"We are not Real Madrid nor Barcelona, we are Valencia. Everyone is comfortable with this in Valencia. We will make it so. We will do everything so Villa is happy. I understand that Villa is young, with ambitions and at times occasions can appear that cause you to doubt."

The president also revealed that he has spoken to Barcelona president Joan Laporta but "we did not speak about figures, because we only spoke about them with Real Madrid".

"The conversations with Florentino [Perez] were friendly, with mutual respect that the two clubs should have. This morning I told the president of Madrid the decision. We have done it because sporting wise it is right and we must do it. We are building capital and we must show the fans we can do it all," he mused.

"We work to maintain all the players that are ours. We have already told [David] Silva that he is not going to leave. I am not a fortune teller but we do what we have to care and maintain. For me, it is easy to take care."

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Tevez has left ManU

A statement on the club's official website reads, "Following contact received from Carlos Tevez’s advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the Club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the Club.

"The Club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

"Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the Club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club’s most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

"The Club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Rahim

Married!
Re: Rafa Benitez speaks from his rear.

How long did Fergiescum take to bring the PL title to Old Trafford? Have you ever looked at his stats? Kindly look into it.
Samay samay ki baat hai. One should not live in the past for too long.

Your statement about Gerrard & Torres dependences sums up how little you know how we set up and play and how much you read into the English media like the S*n.
Keeping hands over one's eyes doesnt hide the reality & I dont read Sun at all.

Our only weak positions is Right Back, we need cover in the defensive midfield, a Left Winger, and a cover-up striker
So Riera is not good enough? Remember a striker called Kuyt who came as a striker and ended up becoming a right sided plyer. I know what your reply on this would be.

And Rafa is right. We only finished second due to weak draws against Stoke, Hull, Wigan, etc. As a team we were indeed overall a better team than you lot.
Infact if you scan all my posts regarding United, you will fail to see me write like "we" as most of the fans write as "we need a striker blah blah....."
One must do critial thinking rather than being mopped.

Jaise ko taisa. :lol:
When some one is so successful arrogance creeps in.

red_devil

Back!
^ yes he is still with that guy and I think he has said that he won't be going to join Pool...

// i guess he will end up at Man Citeh... they're sure to offer him a lot of $$$$

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
I think Chelsea will sign him. (Tevez) :|

I wonder what Chelsea fans think about possibly signing him...

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Tevez could end up at Chelsea. So could Villa. And Sturridge. And Ibra. :|

I have stopped thinking about rumours. Makes no sense. :p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Re: Rafa Benitez speaks from his rear.

Somehow I missed this post. :?
So Riera is not good enough? Remember a striker called Kuyt who came as a striker and ended up becoming a right sided plyer. I know what your reply on this would be.
Riera is good. But I am not sure of Babel. He(Babel) is a striker anyway and has not really set the world on fire and LW/LM is not his preferred position anyway, that is why we need cover in Left Midfield.
Kuyt can actually do pretty well as a striker, but he is not prolific. As for El Zhar and N'gog I cannot expect them to come all of a sudden when Torres is injured/rested and perform.

Infact if you scan all my posts regarding United, you will fail to see me write like "we" as most of the fans write as "we need a striker blah blah....."
One must do critial thinking rather than being mopped.
Each one to his own. :|

Rahim

Married!
^Infact if you look at players like Farfan & Babel who are used to play as Wingers in the 4-3-3 formation used mostly in Dutch league with 2 wingers and a hitman in the middle. So Babel is not suited to play in the centre. He has great skills though.
Kuyt is a team player as one can see his dedication to play a position alien to him. Another player could have thrown some tantrums and walked out. Crowds love these players.

Tevez should join Man City as Chelsea wont have any place for him when Joe COle is fit and he would sit on the bench once again. No problem with City who i have learnt has signed Santa Cruz. So Tevez would fit in nicely.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Kuyt is a team player as one can see his dedication to play a position alien to him. Another player could have thrown some tantrums and walked out. Crowds love these players.
Yup. :)
^Infact if you look at players like Farfan & Babel who are used to play as Wingers in the 4-3-3 formation used mostly in Dutch league with 2 wingers and a hitman in the middle. So Babel is not suited to play in the centre. He has great skills though.
Yes, he has all the characteristics of a really good player. However it seems Liverpool are not destined to his talents. He will do well for whichever team he joins in the future if he leaves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom