• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Some FA cup trivia
Q: Why did Arsene Wenger of Arsenal start Abou Diaby instead of Arshavin in the semi?
A: Because he wanted the team to believe that they were good enough to beat ManU in the CL without him. :|

IT FVCKIN HURTS

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/WinDvr2009-05-3021-37-14-52.jpg

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/WinDvr2009-05-3021-42-14-08.jpg

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/WinDvr2009-05-3021-42-10-76.jpg

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/WinDvr2009-05-3021-43-54-76.jpg

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/WinDvr2009-05-3021-44-55-32.jpg

:D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
STAND UP FOR FRANK LAMPAAARD!!

STAND UP FOR THE "REAL" SPECIAL ONE!!

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif

iinfi

mekalodu
good good game .... refereeing standards poor again .....
final score sud v been 4-0 ....
get the goal-line technology n the third-umpire atleast by 2010-11.
goal-line tech wud work as it does now ... (technology is in place n is hardly used except for some rookie competition 2 years back).
as far as the third umpire goes it sud be as it is done in Wimbledon. each team sud get incorrect 3 calls!! and an extra call for extra-time.

e.g. for the malouda goal which was disallowed, if Chelsea had challanged, it wud v been a correct call n Chelsea wud still have 3 challenges remaining.
had it been given a goal and had Everton challenged, it wud v been a wrong challenge and Everton wud v 2 challanges remaining.

ref sud also be given the option of going to the TV umpire if he was not sure of what happened.

this way there wont be too many stoppages in the play n quality of refereeing wud improve. third umpire stuff sud apply to penalty claims n offside.

wat say??

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@iinfi: Yup, there neds to be AT LEAST some goal-line technology to decide whether the ball has crossed the line, And I think there are supposed to be trials for this in an upcoming competition. But challenging the decisions and TV replays will only slow down the game and make it a bit less engrossing. And most importantly, we'd miss out on the epic rants that follow when a team is cheated by a poor decision.

That would be "a f**king disgrace". :D

iinfi

mekalodu
data read from the disk is more expensive that data read from the buffer cache.
similarly errors by the ref with on-field decisions leading to goals are more expensive than goal-line decisions.

jus 3 or even 2 incorrect calls for each team sud do wonders with the best team of the day going home smiling at the end of the day.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Like iinfi said, such tek :)p) needs to be implemented. It doesn't matter if the game slows down a bit, after all, even one wrong decision can cause a lot of loss to a club.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
CAPELLO: UNITED MUST LEARN FROM TERRY

England boss Fabio Capello has urged his Manchester United players to follow the example of John Terry last season and return stronger from Champions League heartbreak.

Defeating Kazakhstan next weekend, then Andorra the following Wednesday, could help the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney get over their Barca defeat.

Terry did that year ago when he scored for England in his first match after losing in the final with Chelsea.

"I hope we will have this reaction," Capello said. "Terry is one fighter. He played very well the game after the final and missing the penalty.

"I hope for the same reaction from the other players. It's very, very important. It's normal in a career of one player to lose and to win. For me, I forgot every time when I lost."

Capello believes Guus Hiddink's tactics for Chelsea in the semi-final against Barca offered a style which would trouble the Spaniards.

"I watched three games and I learned a lesson - Hiddink and (Pep) Guardiola," Capello said. "When Barcelona played here they didn't play.

"Chelsea played better. It's possible. If you want to understand you have to see the different keys of the games.

"For me it was very, very interesting, very important for the future."

8)

Top Bottom