• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ Robinho is ineligible to play for Chelsea unless he can prove the reason for his move as a 'just sporting cause'. Apparently FIFA rules prohibit a player from playing for 3 different clubs in a year. He played for Madrid in some cup game, hence the 3 clubs.

red_devil

Back!
arrey Kl@w read my post properly...i've quoted The SUN saying he is ineligible but also there is some claim that the game he played for Madrid was a FRIENDLY..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ No, it was not a friendly. It was a Spanish Super Cup match between the Copa Del Rey winners and the La Liga winners. If not this winter, we'll probably get him in the summer. :D

red_devil

Back!
in summer ? i highly doubt that...cos by then Sparky would've been given the boot and some more prestigious manager would have taken over and some more highly famous players would become interested in the MAN $HITTY 'PROJECT'**... so next summer is kinda not likely to happen..

** = the definition of the PROJECT depends on the situation by summer... if they are still in the PL then possibly a move into the TOP 10 might be called the PROJECT else getting into the PL will itself have become a HUGE PROJECT :D
oh, Kl@w pray for MAN $HITTY to get relegated...thats perhaps your only chance of landing Robinho next summer :))

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ If Robinho's history is anything to go by, and if Robinho wants to leave a club, he can engineer an exit very easily. He did it with Santos and he did it with Madrid. :D

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Oh my Burnley nearly pulled off a miracle there.I guess Tottenham know now that they may struggle in championship :lol: Burnley 3 - 0 Bottomham Coldspurs at FT

red_devil

Back!
^ yeah but they did manage to pull a couple back ...

i would've loved to see Burnley get into the finals... guess they deserved it ;)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Mourinho tells Inter players: "You are all a pile of sh1t"

La Repubblica claims they heard Mourinho blast his players inside the changing rooms following the 3-1 thrashing away to Atalanta on Sunday. The Italian paper has released a transcript of of what the former Chelsea coach told his players.

"You won a Scudetto in the court, the second because there was no competition and the third was one at the last minute. You are all a pile of s**t," Mourinho is quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

The Special One. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him. :D

------------------------------------------

Send in the clowns

Being a laughing-stock in England was never enough for a club of such overwhelming ambition. Now, after a week of buffoonery unparalleled in the history of football, they have finally achieved the international recognition they craved for so long. Manchester’s little-regarded other team is now a laughing-stock throughout the world!

Man, this is a must-read!!! :D :lol:

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^
If only there would have been the away goals rule, Burnley would have been through.

Indeed Tottenham look so bad that I highly doubt they can trip ManUre.
Keeping my fingers crossed though :D

red_devil

Back!
Dr Sulaiman al-Fahim, who brokered Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan's purchase of City last year, has revealed a group of German investors are lining up a bid for the Blues.

*www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2164900.ece

our injury list looks bad...

Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans and Ji-sung Park...

Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown are expected to be fit to face Everton on Monday 2 February

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ In response to that:

Chelsea have reaffirmed that the club is not for sale and will refuse to even speak with a Swiss private equity group, which claims to be preparing an offer.

Read more...

This article mentions a Swiss private equity group, but I assume that's the group headed by the German investors. Ain't gonna happen.

Too many rumours flying about. Silly season indeed. :D

red_devil

Back!
^ lol... but why dont u want Roman to sell the club to some other *richer* guy ?? u'll get to spend some more money on players right ??

[and who knows you might afford Robinho from Man $hitty too ]

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ Coz we've already seen what happens when someone with zero knowledge of football takes over a club - Liverpool, Newcastle and now ManCity.

Besides, Roman loves the club. I don't think there are too many owners who have so much interest in watching their own team play. Roman used to be there for almost every match in the beginning. Now when he has some other issues to deal with, the media make a huge issue out of it, claiming that he has lost interest and is looking to sell the club. They forget, that Roman bought the club coz he loves football. He is the guy who pays a substantial amount of the Russian coach's salary and also has a stake in another Russian club (Lokomotiv Moscow or Dynamo Moscow, I don't quite remember).

red_devil

Back!
LOL... liverpool have again been identified by some Sheikhs for a take over... :lol:

btw, what i dont understand is why the owners change their managers so frequently !! look at Wenger n Fergie... they've been around for quite some time n even if the owner of these clubs change, the managers are not changed !!

wonder when these money faggots will understand the importance of having a steady manager !!
[that goes double for Roman... He shouldn't have chucked Jose out !! ]

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
*www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2164900.ece

our injury list looks bad...

Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans and Ji-sung Park...

Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown are expected to be fit to face Everton on Monday 2 February

Don't worry. The Evertonians wouldn't mind losing, will try their best to hamper our title challenge.
Though I hope we make them pay for their behaviour on monday, this weekend...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@n6300: Jose had lost the plot. The team was on the decline when Jose bailed out. The loss against Aston Villa, a home draw against Rosenborg only hastened his departure. I agree, a team needs stability but not all clubs are as forgiving as Arsenal when it comes to winning things. Also, under Jose we were hated by the media, the neutrals and other fans. The owner didn't want this. Jose had become too obnoxious for his liking. A change was needed and Grant was a stop-gap measure coz no big-name manager was available or willing to join Chelsea in mid-season.

Arsene Wenger obviously doesn’t subscribe to the maxim about never looking a gift horse in the mouth after turning down a bid from Atletico Madrid for Emirates pantomime villain Emmanuel Eboue.

:D :lol:

Great article from a great blog:

I was reading all these ‘takeover’ stories about us this morning and having got through several different versions on the same theme, I’ve got to say that my overriding feeling was one of disgust.

I mean just who the f*ck do these Arab’s think they are?

Despite Roman Abramovich making it clear he does not want to sell Chelsea, Dr Sulaiman al-Fahim, the man behind the deal that saw Citeh become the richest club in the world appears oblivious to that, stating “It’s not entirely clear if Chelsea are for sale. But regardless of that, we first need to see if we are in a position to buy. Given that Abramovich has invested more than £500million into the club, it would not be cheap. And with the current credit crunch, nobody wants to be over-exposed on one deal. But through a number of investors, there is money available to put together an offer.”

So taking people to court for suggesting he wants to sell the club isn’t enough to make his intentions over the sale of Chelsea clear then? I’d say that was pretty much crystal.

‘But regardless of that, we first need to see if we are in a position to buy’ – what the f*ck? Surely if it’s not for sale, it doesn’t matter how much bloody money they’ve got? Their arrogance is just mind-blowing really.

Apparently, this Fahim bloke doesn’t appear to understand plain English either, because despite the fact that Chelsea is not for sale, he’s alleged to have drawn up a proposal with some Swiss-based firm he just happens to chair, and Holger Heims who runs the firm suggests “We have looked before at some European clubs to see if the numbers added up — and now we are doing the same with Chelsea. I can’t go into more details at this stage. But I don’t believe anything is ever not for sale if you come up with the right price.”

Are they all mad or just bloody stupid? Or maybe it really is just the arrogance that comes with such obscene wealth that makes them believe they can get whatever they want?

One thing’s for sure though, with them making statements like this:

“It’s not about trying to buy a football team but about a business. You don’t make money because 11 guys run around the pitch, you make money because of all the other commercial aspects that go with a football club, particularly real estate and television rights.”

I don’t want them anywhere near Chelsea.

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
@n6300-

The reason why wenger and fergie is still there cause there are big shares involved. If the share holders come to know that they have quit or kicked out, the club will loose most of the crowd. And plus both the managers loyalty also come into place. ;)

My 2 cents.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Here come the apologies!! :D

In The Independent on Sunday on 18 January we reported on a story in that day's Sunday Times which suggested Roman Abramovich's representatives have been in talks over selling his interest in Chelsea FC, and also reported statements made by the club the day before confirming that Mr Abramovich was not looking to sell his interest and that he remained committed as ever. In publishing this story we did not of course mean to suggest that Mr Abramovich or Chelsea had lied or misled the public, a point we are happy to underline now.

Apparently they don't want Roman Abramovich suing them for their last penny in these hard times. :D :lol:

Top Bottom