The Flagship Killer - Oneplus

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Exactly. Can you imagine the bragging rights this company will use ...."Folks are breaking iphone 5S for an oneplus one"
For its initial list of 100 users, i can see either very rich folks or ardent supporters of the underdog . I would rather be in the invitee list

+1, also note that u get no warranty, its a pretty good phone but not for us...

PS: First tamatar pakoda and now aloodum... browsing TDF will make me hungry now

OP
aloodum

aloodum

Journeyman
Well it seems general availability in the initial list of countries could be a near as June:

*www.cnet.com/news/oneplus-one-to-hit-general-availability-in-june-schedule-says/

ritwick

Right off the assembly line
The specs are great. The developers are supporting it.
But there's a major problem : This is the first phone built by the company and would it be reliable ? And imagine if the phone breaks down due to software or hardware glitch/fault, then who will provide support ??

No i don't trust a chinese phone and neither should you.

^^ lol
Oppo owns 1+ and oppo is super reliable
And developers like me who want the phone don't care about warranty or getting bricked cuz i will root it as soon as i get it and bricking is part of development

software glitch will be fixed by cyanogenmod and there wont be hardware problem cuz it can't give faulty hardware after such a international hype

OP
aloodum

aloodum

Journeyman
they should have made a 5" inch version...

why?? IMHO once you cross 4/4.5 in, you as it is compromise operation with one hand..

- - - Updated - - -

Jab india mey aana hai na isse toh kyu videshi ladoo key khwab dekhna..
Lolz..No ..initially maybe not. But once it gets good response it will surely expand.But then they have to counter the negative image of chinese origin phones

- - - Updated - - -

The specs are great. The developers are supporting it.
But there's a major problem : This is the first phone built by the company and would it be reliable ? And imagine if the phone breaks down due to software or hardware glitch/fault, then who will provide support ??

No i don't trust a chinese phone and neither should you.

Though i can fathom your fears over a new release, the last line is not appropriate. Micromax phones, till recently..read feb 2014, used to come from a chinese supplier only.

have you had a look at the team @ Oneplus?

why?? IMHO once you cross 4/4.5 in, you as it is compromise operation with one hand.

I don't find any compromise in one-hand usability while using phones like Xperia L, Moto G, Xperia SP, Xperia ZR etc etc. Their body sizes are pretty similar despite display size varying from 4.3" to 4.6" . --If i can pull down the notification bar with my thumb , without needing to shift the phone(considerably) across my palm--- i consider it OK and a non-compromise. I think 9 out of 10 mobile phone users measure the one-hand usability factor based on this .

For some Black American dudes, 5.5" may be the limit. For me, 4.7" is a limit. For this OnePlus One phone, i'm okay with it if its at 5", a compromise i am willing to take.

Top Bottom