Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ireland

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Milner and Johnson swapping positions would make absolutely no difference at all. Neither would their presence, actually :lol:

Ibra scored the goal of the tourney so far. also somebody tell me the use of those plonkers standing on the goal-line. cant they see a ball cross the line?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
what milner gives to england is shape. the way england play shape is of utmost importance. he's doing what roy wants. Theo cant be that disciplined. he is best as an impact sub.
in roy's england being on the flanks is not that much fun, but you get results.
he can do better, but he does his primary task well,

dont crucify milner for doing whats asked of him. come on people. Analyse.

XTerminator

well what's the use of sitting deep and counter-attacking if your wing isn't strong. England were most effective when defenders pinged the ball directly over the midfield and to the strikers. Young was poor too, but improved in the later stages.

as for Milner, he's too defensive while Johnson is more attacking. Also, agree with Theo's role as an impact sub.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
What does "keeping the shape" even mean?Is it an achievement for an international footballer just to stay in his place without providing any attacking or defensive contribution?Rather have Walcott provide forward runs than Glen Johnson doing the work of two people.

and I was expecting a sane discussion from you. My fault.

thank you for your valuable contribution

No need for that attitude. You have more than your fair share of crap posts.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Shape? What's the point of having a player who does nothing but keep the team in shape?

Theo is a good impact sub, but it's not like he is just an impact sub. I'm sure he will do better than Milner on the flanks.

Is Milner doing what he is asked to? Yes. Is Milner capable of much else? No. That's the difference.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Yeah, that's the problem for England,lack of quality options. Walcott is great as an impact sub but he must start given that Milner messes up so many moves. Even Chamberlain can fill the impact sub role.

Krow

Crowman
Besides, ssk's argument is invalid. Young keeps the team in shape alright and he does a much better job of it than Milner, who is a waste of space on the pitch. Milner should be brought in when England are leading and need eight players in defence.

France got tonked well and proper yesterday. Mexes had a nightmare outing yesterday. His booking means Koscielny will finally get a deserved chance. M'Vila had a sub-par game. And what was Blanc doing? Giroud, their best aerial threat, was brought in really late against side which hasn't done well against headers.

Mark van Bommel the uncardable has retired.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
england lack quality, when they are not disciplined they dont win. you have seen this.

So here keeping the formation, staying in shape, discipline is what is making england tick, and for that milner is perfect.

you'll seem to have ignored the fact when i said that he can do better but he does his primary job. put theo on flanks and watch johnson make a meal of all the defensive work. he needs help with defensive work.

Also , whenever theo is made a starter his form seems to dip for england.

Milner would not get into brazil or spain starting 11, but for ingerland he does the job.

past record shows that when england are gung ho they get screwed big time. So right now i am with hodgson on his philosophy.

one last thing , this philosophy is really doubtful to work in the final 4 but it works for now.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Walcott = impact sub. That everyone agrees upon.

But Milner gives England the shape? lol there.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ronaldo scored. He celebrated. What is mean by the actions he was doing in his celebrations? (just curious)

XTerminator

*footballnus.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cristiano-ronaldo-goal-vs-czech-republic.gif?w=584

Brilliantly started by Nani and finished by Ronaldo. Cocky celebration though.

*i.minus.com/ibpfulTvRiS6nE.gif

unnecessary

Top Bottom