The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
@Piyush Can you please recommend some good Mods? I love modding games. Spent weeks modding GTA 4 and I am sure Skyrim has just as much potential to be modded. PLease suggest a good set of ENB and some other realistic lighting Mods. As for ENB I prefer natural colours rather than too vibrant colours. If there are any mods that do not change the core of the game and yet make the game more enjoyable then please do recommend. There are just so many choices of mods that I am overwhelmed and confused.

Piyush

Lanaya
@Piyush Can you please recommend some good Mods? I love modding games. Spent weeks modding GTA 4 and I am sure Skyrim has just as much potential to be modded. PLease suggest a good set of ENB and some other realistic lighting Mods. As for ENB I prefer natural colours rather than too vibrant colours. If there are any mods that do not change the core of the game and yet make the game more enjoyable then please do recommend. There are just so many choices of mods that I am overwhelmed and confused.

First list down the mods you have already used, so that I could skip them.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Till now I have used none. I once tried Sharpshooter's ENB but I found it too rich in colours. Back then I had GTX 560 and apparently 1 GB was not enough for skyrim Mods. Now i have a brand new Sapphire Vapor-x 7950 in my system and I guess my system can now handle some heavy mods. Right now only extra thing I am using is "Official High Res Texture Pack" .
Here is the specs of my system. Suggest the mods which my system can handle.
i5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz
ASUS P8Z77-M
Sapphire Vapor-x 7950
Monitor Reso- 1920 x 1080
G Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4GB x 2 = 8GB

doomgiver

Warframe
I'm assuming after pickpocketing, if unsuccessful, you reload the game instead of fighting with the guards.
Anyways, For sneak+archery combo, focus on Sneak, Light armor, Archery as your primary skills. Apart from these, you may also increase your One handed, Block, Pickpocket and Alchemy skill . Alchemy to make poisons so as your archery becomes more scary.

Apart from that, explore a lot and Hard save a lot.

thanks man, im using dwarven bow and full thieves' guild armor. pickpocket is at 59 :) im level 15. yeah, i do load savegames after unsuccessful attempts :)
also, can a 0% chance item be stolen?

how should i specc out the green/theif tree? any good skills worth investing in? coz afaik, most are just mediocre, and i think i'd be better off investing in the warrior tree.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@piyush : whats the minimum level i shuld be for 'Barrow? and which skill shuld i lvl up, heavy armor or block?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

killed the HagRaven

Piyush

Lanaya
^^Till now I have used none. I once tried Sharpshooter's ENB but I found it too rich in colours. Back then I had GTX 560 and apparently 1 GB was not enough for skyrim Mods. Now i have a brand new Sapphire Vapor-x 7950 in my system and I guess my system can now handle some heavy mods. Right now only extra thing I am using is "Official High Res Texture Pack" .
Here is the specs of my system. Suggest the mods which my system can handle.
i5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz
ASUS P8Z77-M
Sapphire Vapor-x 7950
Monitor Reso- 1920 x 1080
G Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4GB x 2 = 8GB

Here you go:

Graphics
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8655 <-- Mesh improvement
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/193 <-- Glowing Ore veins
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/131 <-- FXAA Post injector
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/822 <-- Enhanced shaders - ENB
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10383 <-- Better Snow
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1875 <-- Better and realistic lighting effects ( not sure about the compatibility with ENB Shaders)
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/280 <-- High quality food :D
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/85 <-- Enhanced night
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13268 <-- Better water and terrain elements

Character development
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168 <-- Better hair styles for you and NPCs
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28363 <-- Better beard :p
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13722 <-- Better eyes

Gameplay (you can install all of these without worrying about the vanilla integrity of the game)
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733 <-- Immersive armors for you
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27679 <-- Immersive armors for NPCs
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27644 <-- Immersive weapons (fully balanced without breaking the base touch of the game)
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2674 <-- Improved NPC clothing
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3863 <-- Better UI ( a must )
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929 <-- better world map (again a must have)

NPC (actually females) remodeling
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666 <-- Better females by CBBE
OR
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6709 <-- Better females by UNP
OR
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2812 <-- Better females by Bella

I'd recommend you CBBE as its compatible with pool of other mods

Any one of them along with all these
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11954 <-- Pretty female idles
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7887 <-- Pretty faces
*skyrim.nexusmods.com/download/63471 <-- Follower better faces

While installing Female mods, Id recommend you to follow this procedure:
-->Female idles-->Pretty faces-->follower faces(overwrite when asked)-->CBBE(dont overwrite face/head files)

Nexus Mod manager will do that for you, just pay attention when it asks you for overwriting

thanks man, im using dwarven bow and full thieves' guild armor. pickpocket is at 59 :) im level 15. yeah, i do load savegames after unsuccessful attempts :)
also, can a 0% chance item be stolen?

how should i specc out the green/theif tree? any good skills worth investing in? coz afaik, most are just mediocre, and i think i'd be better off investing in the warrior tree.
LOL 59!!
Mine is still 17 and i;m at level 16 i guess.... I just cant do pickpocketing successfully :(
and never tried a 0% item attempt

Thief tree?
you mean sneak tree?
Its deadly at later part of the game... you'll see :)

@piyush : whats the minimum level i shuld be for 'Barrow? and which skill shuld i lvl up, heavy armor or block?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

killed the HagRaven
Well I was level 5/6 when I reached Barrow
And since you are a nord, invest Block with Light armor, coz Heavy armor will slow you down and you wont be able to make many power attacks

Check that wall of text i posted above where each race is stated....you'll find Nord too :)

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks alot piyush for explaining everything in detail. Really many thanks. I will start off with graphics mods first.

doomgiver

Warframe
@piyush :
thanks man, you deserve rep for this.

yeah, i meant the sneak tree. i just refer to it as thief tree, coz thats how i play, sneaky thieving mage :)

i wanted to steal a staff of summoning from a guy, but it was always at 0%, so i had no choice but to kill him. then, 2 quests later, when i wanted to enter the mage academy, i used the staff to "qualify" for mage training. luckiest loot ever!!

oh yeah, did i mention that mountain climbing is totally broken? with horses, its even more crazy. i bet that horses in skyrim were descendants of goats and monkeys.
i managed to climb a really steep mountain just by jumping and strafing. (but it took me more than 20 minutes, i could have just Fast Travelled to a town and walked in the time).

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Well I was level 5/6 when I reached Barrow
And since you are a nord, invest Block with Light armor, coz Heavy armor will slow you down and you wont be able to make many power attacks

Check that wall of text i posted above where each race is stated....you'll find Nord too
thx.
i'm not that into charged attacks i'm more shield bash-->normal sword swipes-->rinse and repeat
and some times charged shots against boss/mini-boss opponents

hey, i even made a Khadjit character with yellow fur.guess what i named him.......................

Piyush

Lanaya
@piyush :
thanks man, you deserve rep for this.

yeah, i meant the sneak tree. i just refer to it as thief tree, coz thats how i play, sneaky thieving mage :)

i wanted to steal a staff of summoning from a guy, but it was always at 0%, so i had no choice but to kill him. then, 2 quests later, when i wanted to enter the mage academy, i used the staff to "qualify" for mage training. luckiest loot ever!!

oh yeah, did i mention that mountain climbing is totally broken? with horses, its even more crazy. i bet that horses in skyrim were descendants of goats and monkeys.
i managed to climb a really steep mountain just by jumping and strafing. (but it took me more than 20 minutes, i could have just Fast Travelled to a town and walked in the time).

Lucky you man
I had to buy a spell and then perform it in front of her to be able to qualify for the mage academy

and yea mountain climbing is crazy, even more crazier when on horse.
BTW use that Better world map mod (few KB size) to have roads on the map. I installed this one early on.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Your welcome :)
But at least change your siggy man :D
Done :) . I was wondering whether all mods can be installed through Nexus Mod Manager or some of them have to be installed manually. For example That Ore Vein mod's directories were somehow messed up. So i extracted it and created a new "data" folder and transferred Texture and Meshes folder into new "Data" folder. Created a new RAR archive with new directories and installed it again with Mod Manager. This time it installed in correct directories. Is that how it is supposed to work?

Piyush

Lanaya
Done :) . I was wondering whether all mods can be installed through Nexus Mod Manager or some of them have to be installed manually. For example That Ore Vein mod's directories were somehow messed up. So i extracted it and created a new "data" folder and transferred Texture and Meshes folder into new "Data" folder. Created a new RAR archive with new directories and installed it again with Mod Manager. This time it installed in correct directories. Is that how it is supposed to work?

The mods I suggested are all compatible with NMM
Not sure about that mod which I listed in exception

Ore vein mod worked fine in my case with NMM
That was 4 months back
may be new version is out or something

Top Bottom