The Dream effect (photoshop tut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
This is quite a nice tutorial I picked up from the net but don't remember the link so I guess I can't give credit where it is due..
This tutorial is for people who know at least a little about photoshop in terms of layers and stuff. Otherwise, a very easy one.

Step 1:
Open the image in photoshop. The images that do well here are Green leafy images, nature images and outdoor images.

Step 2:
Duplicate the layer 1 (or background) by pressing ctrl+J or going to Layers> New > Layer via Copy. Rename the layer Duplicate 1.

Step 3:
You need to apply the Gaussian Blur to it. Go to Filters> Blur> and Gaussian Blur. Apply a setting of about 7.0. The blur mainly depends on your image size. The image I used was a size of 1600x1200. though I think 7.0 works for most images..

Step 4:
In your layers pallette, set the mode for the layer named "duplicate 1" to lighten.

Step 5:
You need to duplicate the original layer again. Do this by clicking on the original layer (or background layer) and then pressing Ctrl+J or Layers>New Layer. rename the newly created layer "duplicate 2" and drag it over duplicate 1 layer.

Step 6: Apply the gaussian blur to the layer "duplicate 2". (about 7.0 blur)

Step 7: Now change the blend mode of the layer "duplicate 2" to Overlay.

Original:
*www.rollaword.com/imagesforweb/dreamy1.jpg

Final:
*www.rollaword.com/imagesforweb/dreamy2.jpg

...sorry bout this picture of myself. Not advertising in any way, but couldn't find another picture around.....

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
nice tut dude!.........credits to its creator!.........and hey is that you in the photograph........that is some professional photo man.....like what we see on ftv! :lol:

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Adobe Photoshop CS is my weapon of choice....I guess this should work with PS 7 also. If you have any further problems, just ask, I will help all the way.

Omsck

Broken In
u r a great guy !
how many tutorials have u posted?u seem to do nothing but work on PS.well, this has inspired me not to waste my holidays, i have planned to sit on my PC working on PS whole day ! (if & only if my parents allow me to)

cheetah

In the zone
Na you cant do this until you are interested in it.

I have a huge interedt in photoshop and i am also learning it cos i am free for 1-2 months.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
yes....its me. I look kinda young (that was two years ago, the pic). I'm actually 19. You are permitted to make fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom