The Digit Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

anupamsinha

Broken In
Hi Billboardhunk

Thanks for the history. But we are not criticizing Digit because it's an Indian brand. Whatever happened to CHIP is history. What we want is that the standard of Digit should be improved. For a long time people have been demanding indiviual review of the items rather than clubbing everything together. Then there issues like having models on the cover page. I guess that having models on the cover page would increase the price which could have been used for some articles. What do you think companies here are for. ICICI or whatever they are here to make money. What about an Indian brand. What do you think had an Indian brand done had it been in the same shoes.

The question to be answered is

Which is your computing magazine, and where does your heart touch it?

Answer : A magzine which provides useful content. Be it Indian, German or from anywhere else.

billboardhunk

Right off the assembly line
Yes I agree with u.... Now I feel on the same plane instead of cribbing about something which is not in Digit's control.... I feel the number products put in the magazines are good enough.... Though It lacks very much on Software content, Features need to be ramped up... the Tips and tricks needs to get better, and also lots more loads of content on Linux apps.....

A

Anonymous

billboardhunk!!!! yaaaaawwwwnnnn. thanks for the history. but do us a favour. shut up! digit sucks big time. and CHIP rocks. that's why everybody loves it. and if digit keeps doing the same things its doing now, like putting models on the cover and giving shitty reviews, no way is anybody going to buy the magazine. at this rate, digit's over.

I guess by now you would be reading a CHIP mag and dumping the goddamn digit mag to trash!

Things have just gotten better for us.... so do me a favour..... Just wait for the second issue of CHIP! It's gonna rock as usual! As far as Digit goes... "Death Is Imminent"

billboardhunk

Right off the assembly line
hey God speed you really are in a hurry to throw away Digit and pickup ICC... thats neat....Then how come you are seen on this forum and that too for the only time on this thread.... ???? someones getting really angry???

and what do you mean next month ICC will pulverise Digit... you mean to say in this month's inaugral issue ICC must have fallen flat on its face....

Hey what is this model on the cover stuff... Didn't ya know that models don't charge for being on the cover... then all the film magazines and mansworlds and every other mag would indebted to this multicrore stars for the rest of their magazine lives...

NEWYS Let the best mag win... IF ICC has its merits then it will flourish.. but as of now Its Digit for me...

OP
A

anupamsinha

Broken In
Hi billboardhunk

Well that's not the case. I think well known models do charge for being on the front page.

Hi godspeed

Wouldn't it be great if you just tell what you don't like in Digit rather than just mentioning shitty reviews. I guess that is one of the ways through which we can make Digit better. If they are open to suggestions.

A

Anonymous

Hi anupamsinha

There is a whole lot of list of changes that really need to be done for digit. Chip did not do a full fledged ad campaign and still could be spotted. I guess the old die-hard chip fans are gettin' their oxyen back. As far as digit is concerned surely we can give them ideas.... depending if they want to execute it.... as well as budget constraints, that would play a key factor in those changes. The time will come when people will know 'who's better who's best'. Cheers!

stonecold8

Broken In
Thanks 4 such a nice explanation of what happened with chip in the past. I agree with anupam the contents in digit r getting useless. I would certainly love to be a subscriber of the best magazine around. Hope it could be the digit.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
apun ko kya!! apne baap ka kya jaata hai
CHIP aaya to aaya. i can have the best of both.
DIGIT ought to improve its standards. woh to hai

now a days ads rock!!
even 'jassi jaisi koi nahin' now has about 10-15 mins of ads

all working , running mags, serials, etc. have lots of ads.
but then the presenters should decide if they want to get burried under
the bhoj of ads or give their readers/viewers quality stuff besides ads.

i dont find a single good article worth reading ,leaving studying aside
in DIGIT
i hope what we are bucking here, just doesnt fall on deaf ears.
but every one should be given a second fair chance to improve

oh!!! or are the Digit guys reading all this stuff, and testing our patience and seeing who are loyal to digit and who are leaving for that sexy newcomer CHIP.
like u all know ghar ki murgi dal barabar

super_ferrari

Broken In
i like reading DIGIT...i refer it while buying new hardware...but i agree vth anupam... DIGIT should do something about those models..it will really reduce da overall price...isn't der any hot babe at DIGIT ...or u can use my pic absolutely free :wink:

hey u CHIP fans shut up...don't shit on DIGIT forums...only point out DIGIT shortcomings...don't u noe digit rules...u might get banned...sumeet warn dem too :wink:

svenkat83

Journeyman
Hey guys
Wait for a minute before thrashing Digit.
Even Digit was nice and good when I started reading it.The fact remains that its popularity has gained which help them making money with ads.
Chip is better but it has just comeback.
So be prepared for the worst.It too will have the same no. of Ads as Digit carries now .
If it doesn't then its good.
Anyway I loved Digit.
I would love any magazine thats good.
I think Digit has a true competition now in Chip.
Hope Team Digit understands our problems and come up with a Nice January Edition.
Good Luck Team Digit.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well pratapml whats the point u wanna make by replying all the old posts? all these things are history man

prathapml

Broken In
LOL, just trying to help where the thread-starter may not yet have got an answer. Besides, I'm known for resurrecting threads from the dead...... :D

ujjwal

Padawan
Hmm ... I thought anupam and the rest were back to digit forums, then I realised that this was an old post.

godzi_85

In the zone
i had to choose between a subscription for digit and chip... iwent with digit... digit is cool... but does need to expand on its tips and tricks section.. which is woefully short of anything worthwhile... chip is good too.... i do buy chip occasionally.. esp when there is hardware review in the mag... but i say the digit mag layout should be made more user-friendly :) seriously.... cause its only become from bad to worse...
on the other hand chip really rocks on this issue... a good intuitive layout....

prathapml

Broken In
I agree - info has pretty much become scattered in too dense all over. Not very easy on the eyes........

Now, I don't remember whether it was in last august that digit editorial said they had grasped the importance of white-space.......

Well, anyways - once a digit fan, always one.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
whoa...why revive dead threads prathapml ? whats the matter with u? whats the purpose? u just wanna incrase ur post-count?

this thread (like many others u revived) were abandoned way back in december and i found a very few posts to be informative.....do something useful/helpful instead of senselessly spamming.

and whats this i see?? 84 posts in 1 day?? that must be a new spam record on the digit forum

wORm

Journeyman
prathapml have you lost your mind? So annoying to see 10 month old topics coming back to haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom