The Dell Laptop owners thread !!

Hey Guys , Use this thread for your discussions queries related to the Dell XPS / Inspiron laptops . Enjoy your laptops and ask any questions you have.

Do post your pics here ;) .

OP
xtremevicky
Dell XPS 15 will be good for you IMO .

Customize it to second generation i5 . If you are not into gaming then you can also look at new inspiron series !

mohityadavx

Youngling
Which to go 4:-

DELL XPS 15z ( APPROX 82k)

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2620M( Not quadcore i guess) processor 2.70 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.40 GHz
15.6" (39.6cm) FHD Widescreen, 300-nit (typical) (1920x1080) 1080p
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM(2x4GB)
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
9.5" SATA Slot Load DVD+/-RW
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 2GB graphics
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Backlit Internal Keyboard - English
64 WHr 8-Cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
3-year XPS Premier Service with 3-year CompleteCover

DELL XPS 15 (APPROX 90K)

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.30 GHz
15.6" (39.6cm) FHD (1920x1080) B+RGLED display with TrueLife™
8GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4GB)
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Backlit Internal Keyboard - English
64 WHr 8-Cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
3-year XPS Premier Service with 3-year CompleteCover

OP
xtremevicky
If you can shell out 100k then the option 2 looks awesome . As discussed in your thread I think the option 2 will be a good choice IMO.

mohityadavx

Youngling
vicky some1 ( my cousin actually he's here with me) is saying me that should go 4 the new config as i just edited should i add 12 k more for 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.40 GHz is performance justified.

Do u have any idea how much time it take for laptop to arrive 1ce i order it ??

I want it by 5 July at the most.

OP
xtremevicky
Order status :

If you order by Credit Card . It will ship in 7-10 working days . If you pay via Cash at chroma then it will take more time .

I think the below config has better screen and better config overall , which will be good in the long run . I for one will tell you that you will be happy when you have a good screen and a good gaming GPU etc . IMHO second option will be more better except the new XPS looks better. Just ask yourself what you want in your laptop.

mohityadavx

Youngling
looks doesn't matter what i m asking u is this
I am going for XPS 15 only then but

should i go 4 i7-2720QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.30 GHz instead of i7-2820QM processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.40 GHz and save 12k?? Is it worth 12k to spend to get an increase of 0.1Ghz!!!

spm

Journeyman
yah save the 12k buddy. go for the lower one or i think the even i7 2630QM will suffice as tou could save more i dont know exactly how much.

robbinghood

Journeyman
vicky some1 ( my cousin actually he's here with me) is saying me that should go 4 the new config as i just edited should i add 12 k more for 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.40 GHz is performance justified.

Do u have any idea how much time it take for laptop to arrive 1ce i order it ??

I want it by 5 July at the most.

I dont understand this, when you can pay so much, why cant you go for a alienware, its built for gaming

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
IMO Alienware = over-priced machine with killer looks and jaw-dropping setup, but quiet frankly, we don't some of the features. So better stay away from Alienware if your dad is not a millionaire.

mohityadavx

Youngling
Thanx all will save 12k!!!

robbinghood said:
I dont understand this, when you can pay so much, why cant you go for a alienware, its built for gaming

Bcoz i agree with furious_gamer
furious_gamer said:
IMO Alienware = over-priced machine with killer looks and jaw-dropping setup, but quiet frankly, we don't some of the features. So better stay away from Alienware if your dad is not a millionaire.

Also i am quite against Alienware since beginning

U can see it here @ my original thread

Link

xqub33

Broken In
I am planning to buy xps 15 and have decided for the following configuration :

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery

Its costing me Rs54,605 when i customized it from the dell online site.
Now i am willing to stretch my budget by about 2k-3k and i am confused what should i upgrade :

1. Do i get 8gb RAM instead of 6gb (2k more ) ? Will the performance be noticeable ?
2. Do i get the " i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz " (3k more) ?
3. Or 750 gb hardisk (1.5k more) with maybe back lit keyboard (looks cool :p)

I primarily use laptop for gaming , movies , surfing and music . and plz dont suggest me any other laptop . i have already set my mind on this one .

mohityadavx

Youngling
Go to offline retail store bargain hard save 2-3k more and go 4 any of the two above upgrade.

I prefer 1) and 2)

Also check this page 4 discount

Link

xqub33

Broken In
Go to offline retail store bargain hard save 2-3k more and go 4 any of the two above upgrade.

I prefer 1) and 2)

Also check this page 4 discount

Link

it says on the website that when u place the order u will be contacted by a sales representative .. and he will placing the order for you .
i guess the sales guy will be a local one so i hope to bargain at that time .. and yes i will avail of the discounts .. hence the 2-3k budget stretch in the first place :)

Top Bottom