The Dark Knight Rises

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Saw it Finally , Good Movie - Not at the same level as TDK but still a good movie . I was just a bit dissapointed but nevertheless it makes a good end to a legendary Trilogy . To anyone asking -Man Of Steel and The Campaign Trailers were shown before the movie .

Who's Up for Robin Begins ? :)

EDIT(2013) : Saw Rises couple more times and I am in love with this movie , it gets better each viewing . Now I like it better than TDK or BB

Last edited:

trublu

Ta da !
TBH, I think it's not quite fair to compare Joker with Bane. Both had entirely different approaches. I agree Heath Ledger's Joker is arguably the best movie character ever. But after watching the movie, I can say that Tom Hardy has done total justice to his character.

The only negative thing that I felt, was that Bane's character became totally insignificant/unimportant the moment Miranda Tate did that *spoiler* thing in the climax. Otherwise, a flawless movie. 3 cheers for Nolan !

It will come down, slowly.

Who cares ? It will always be 9.9/10 in my heart :D

Going to watch it again tonight :D

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Want to watch TDKR again .... :D Even though I was a bit dissapointed by it earlier .... that BANE chant is still going on in my head :p

funskar

Padawan
The Dark Knight Rises - Open Google Maps, copy paste "26.357865 127.783782" in the search field. Turn on "Satellite mode" and zoom in!!

trublu

Ta da !
Just came after watching it the second time. Twice just isn't enough. I will go to Hyderabad and watch it in IMAX, even if I have to wait a month.

Something interesting happened to me today. When I was returning home in the cab, I looked out of the window at all the buildings on the road, and secretly wished that somewhere, I would see The Knight standing. :(

BTW,
A friend of mine cried in the scene at the end, when Alfred cries near the grave.

I hate IMDB cause they don't want to change the top 5 of TOP 250 ever :-x

IMDb uses a complicated :p formula to determine the overall rating of a film. They don't do anything on their own..go to IMDb top 250, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and confuse yourself :p.

FYI, The Dark Knight became #1 on the second day of its release - dethroned The Shawshank Redemption (#1 for 18 yrs).

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Yes, twice is not enough.. I have already seen it twice; two days in a row, but still I feel I need to see it again :p I am more drawn towards he background score

I still feel unsatisfied with the way they ended Banes character. I wanted Batman to have more conversations with Bane before he was captured(which never happens); batman doesnt kill anyone so he wouldn't have killed Bane either. I do like the ending of Robin Finding the bat cave, but I am worried what the next director will do with Robin. Yes there will be a film next, cause WB will want to continue with the success of the franchisee. Not sure who may take the Batman's responsibility next. not sure if there was any mention of "Dick Grayson" in any of the movies.. but I think WB will do another reboot with Robin as a Sidekick :|

trublu

Ta da !
Completely agree to this...
they built the character of Bane all through out the movie only to have him die in an instant. He should have been defeated/ broken by Batman.

Batman had only 10 minutes left at that point. Remember, he is Batman. He is not the Hulk that will give Bane the instant Loki treatment :D and still have to time to catch a falling Iron Man.

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
The Dark Knight Rises has its share of flaws and loopholes, and is too 'mainstream' by Nolan standards. But still, heck of a thrill ride! Had never been so thrilled while watching a movie! This trilogy was the one of the best ever!

And once again, even a league of godlike superheroes (you know what I mean :p) couldn't stand against the Dark Knight. :D

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
easily box office number 1 this year.
i loved it.
only shortcomings are that bane "died" too easily. i really dont think he's gone
also "blake" aka "robin" discovering the batcave idea is pure genius

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Watched it again :D

ARGGHHH!!:-x:-x:-x:-x You watched it again when so many like me dint even get a seat :( :| :oops: .
Dam it why can't big cinemas ever keep more than 5 shows of a movie.They'll keep around 6 shows for lame hindi flims sometimes :(.
OT:
Dam i wish cinepolis opens fast(cinepolis is not getting license to start,they Already have the whole theater ready for 1 year :( )

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ARGGHHH!!:-x:-x:-x:-x You watched it again when so many like me dint even get a seat :( :| :oops: .
simple.. first time I went alone. there were only 3-4 seats available and that too scattered.. so no one takes those.. and I got one ticket :p

second was a advantage.. our theater is only 5 mins drive from my place and as before there were only a couple of seats left :p

If I really want watch a movie.. I go alone. save me from explaining things in mid movies.. I dont give a damn to my friends when it comes to movies.. :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
simple.. first time I went alone. there were only 3-4 seats available and that too scattered.. so no one takes those.. and I got one ticket :p

second was a advantage.. our theater is only 5 mins drive from my place and as before there were only a couple of seats left :p

If I really want watch a movie.. I go alone. save me from explaining things in mid movies.. I dont give a damn to my friends when it comes to movies.. :D

Lucky you.Maybe is cause bangalore has tons of theathers :razz:

Top Bottom