The Best Software of 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashok

Broken In
As the year rolls to a close,Its time to ponder over the year that has been.
What was the best Software that you have used in the past year and why?

I am a bit ignorant of all the software that have been released the last
year hence i am not able to create a poll.If Anyone can comeup with
the Top softwares of 2004 list,I shall be More than Happy.

Oh yes....My Choice is Undoubtedly Mozilla Firefox 1.0......Tell me Yours...

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
i just downloaded Blender -open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering etc etc......its really cool and nice tutorials to get you started ,on their site. check it out *www.blender3d.org/ .......yeah i loved firefox too......but since ashok already mentioned it ......

geek_rohit

In the zone
My Top Ten:
1) Adobe Creative Studio
2) Macromedia Studio MX 2004
3) Windows Media Player 10
4) Norton Antivirus 2005
5) Norton SystemWorks 2005
6) WinXP SP2
7) 3D MAX
8) Firefox
9) WinAmp 5 (the color themes are just cool as is the new interface, with
the modern skin)
10)3D Mark 2005

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
My Wish list fulfilled
1) iTunes 4.7 ....The best
2) FireFox 1.0 ...Even talking about it will be wasting you precious time .
3) Windvd 6 Platinum ...bringem Dvd's
4) Battery Doubler ...my Notebook now has double strength ..( Yaaa Ofcourse from Dachshund software )Someone mentioned Anticrash...its from Dachshund too...

goobimama

 Macboy
firefox

Well, even though some mentioned it earlier, Firefox is the top runner for the best software of 2004 award.

Then there is dreamweaver mx 2004
Photoshop cs
Warez P2P

...uh....winamp 5?

oh yes, thunderbird.

Milind

naveenchandran

In the zone
11view
Version 2.5, release date: November 22, 2004
11view is a free, fast and easy image viewer with several unique features. It has been created to show, print and convert images with the highest possible quality. 11view is the most handy and easy-to-use viewer made especially for digital camera owners.
Loading-time interpolation makes any picture appear smooth and clear when stretched onto a full screen. Display calibration corrects color and brightness distortions caused by your monitor giving you the most realistic colors possible. Gamma correction allows you to light-up dark photos or darken too bright ones while viewing them.
Screenshot | Download (1.04 MB)

Ad-search
Version 1.0, release date: November 28, 2004
How often did you download a so called "freeware" application, just to find out it is really spyware? Now there is an easy solution: Just enter the name into Ad-search, and it will show you if, and what spyware-system it uses. You can download the latest Ad-search database on this page, updated weekly. Are you tired of downloading a lot of software, just to find out it is really spyware ? If yes, check out Ad-search, and you might get the answer before Ad-search is a handy local database for known spyware, which makes it very easy to verify if your application is spyware, and what advertising system it uses. Just enter the name of the suspicious program into the textbox, and Ad-search will try to locate it in its database. (Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP)
Screenshot | Download (190 kB)

Algebrus
Version 1.0.101, release date: November 1, 2004
Algebrus is a sophisticated software for scientific and general purpose calculations. It provides user with numerous mathematical and analysis functions, and allows unlimited extension of its functionality by means of user-developed routines and libraries. Extendibility is based on a built-in simple to learn and yet powerful programming language XPascal. Algebrus can be used both as a simple "evaluate-while-typing" calculator and as a powerful mathematical analysis application, which includes graphic plots of functions and data, command line execution console, and a syntax-highlighted XPascal editor as a part of the integrated development environment.
Screenshot | Download (1141 kB)

Blender
Version 2.35a, release date: November 18, 2004
Blender, the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for Windows, Linux, Irix, Sun Solaris, FreeBSD or Mac OS X.
Screenshot | Download (4.5 MB)

Firefox
Version 1.0, release date: November 8, 2004
Mozilla Firefox project is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows. Firefox is the most customizable browser on the planet. Customize your toolbars to add additional buttons, install new Extensions that add new features, add new Themes to browse with style, and use the adaptive search system to allow you to search an infinite number of engines. Firefox is as big or small as you want.
Download (4803 kB)

DVD Identifier
Version 3.5, release date: November 11, 2004
DVD Identifier retrieves and interprets the pre-recorded information that is present on all DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW and DVD-RAM media. This information contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write speeds. Even though this information is usually printed on the packaging, the brand name may differ from the actual manufacturer or sometimes there might not even be any packaging information at all.
Screenshot | Download (1194 kB)

Nero CD-DVD Speed
Version 3.55, release date: November 19, 2004
CD-DVD Speed is a CD-ROM and DVD benchmark which can test the most important features of a CD-DVD drive.
Tests include:
- Transfer rate
- Seek times
- CPU usage
- Burst rate
- DAE quality
- Spinup/spindown time...
Screenshot | Download (521 kB)

SXBandMaster
Version 0.91.3, release date: November 26, 2004
SXBandMaster is hi-tech multifunctional application that act at the same time as: ISP Dialer, Download Manager (FTP, HTTP), Offline Browser for websites (with JavaScript interpreter) and FTP-sites, FTP Upload Application, Mail Agent and Time Synchronizer. In the first build of SXBandMaster you'll find these features:
» ISP Dialer. Creating many dialing presets based on one connection entry. Advanced functional dependent minimum connection speed limit. Callback support.
» Dialing Stats. You can watch numerical data (received/transmitted bytes/frames, errors, redialings, etc.) and transfer graphs (receiving and transmitting speed and total values) when dialing session is active and when it's already finished.
» Download Manager. Supports FTP, HTTP, proxy (FTP, HTTP, SOCKS), basic authentication, multithread download, custom file parts downloading order, updates check, broken downloads restoring.
» Uploading. Uploading manager has controls, similar to downloading one. Now enabled only as Single File Uploading, but will be available as Multi File Uploading soon.
» Offline Browser. Downloads websites through HTTP (also files linked from HTML to FTP). Unmatched JavaScript interpreter with HTML-links changing. Custom files downloading order (e.g first text, then graphics). Advanced files filtering (by name, size, content type, modification time, HTML/JavaScript-linking type etc). Floating downloading depth system.
» Scheduling. All tasks can be accomplished automatically when using advanced planning system. Unmatched time selection controls.
» Multilevel Control. SXBandMaster has 3-level control depending on user's skill. So, this application can be used by web-designers, programmers, system administrators and amateur users to equal extent.
» Design. Application has 3 color schemes: one - for Windows 9x/ME/2k/XP and two - for Windows XP style. Also with Windows 9x/ME you have an opportunity to use flat controls.
Screenshot | Download (3192 kB)

Ultimate Boot CD
Version 3.0, release date: November 3, 2004
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
Download (77.2 MB)

Web Chrono Desktop
Version 1.00 ß 7, release date: November 5, 2004
This free tool helps you to save time. It offers a variety of assistants like a calendar, a reminder, a to do list, a program launcher, a file grabber, an extended clipboard, a unit converter, a web update checker and more!
Download (6.13 MB)

For screenshots and downloads visit:: *www.freeware-guide.com/top10.html :wink:

ujjwal

Padawan
In no particular order ...

AVG 7.0 Free
Mozilla Firefox 1.0
Opera 7.54
CCleaner
HijackThis
GAIM
Trillian 2.013 pro (NOT 3.0)
Sylpheed 1.0 (email client for nix)
BitTorrent
Everest
Flashget 1.65

Heres something different

Longhorn Transformation Pack 8
It is a software that gives you an overall visual style of Longhorn(well,there r many themes to set from-they are just to too cool ) WITHOUT INSTALLING ANY SOFTWARE(and thus does not hog so much resourses like -Talisman,WindowBlinds,etc.. do).
Some people have the problems with the installation of this software but thats another thing.
U can too get a preview of the due to be released Loonghorn by Windows.
I

G

gxsaurav

Well for me it's WMP 10 & Windows XP SP2, Yahoo messanger 6, & best of all Doom 3

Slam Team

Journeyman
Mozilla Firefox 1.0 *www.mozilla.org
Real Player 10 *www.real.com
WMP 10 *www.microsoft.com
MS Windows XP SP2 *www.microsoft.com
OPERA 8.0 BETA (Rox !!!) *www.opera.com
Winrar 3.42 Beta - *www.rarlabs.com
Yahoo! Messenger *messenger.yahoo.com

OP
A

ashok

Broken In
Me installed Thunderbird recently and it sure is a nifty thing.....
MS Office 2003 is also Useful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom