THE BEST CONFIGURATION FOR AMD64

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:cry: will have to wait 1 more day for the rig...

its 915G intel board
with 3Ghz processor
DDR400 1024MB RAM
120GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
Sony 16X DVD Writer
Geforece 6600 256MB PCI Ex. Card
Samsung Black 17" CRT.........((TFT's r just toooooooooo costly... :cry: ))
LG 52X CD Writer
nd ofcourse a normal regular rugged CDROM drive((for running cd's borrowed frm buddies..u cant expect me to run scratched mp3 cd's on DVD writer... :wink: ))
Microsoft Cordless k'board nd mouse

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sad that u missed the AGP version.....keep a closer watch on posts over here.........
Get TFT from gulf(UAE)....they cost only nearly half the price here....

120GB HD+DVD Writer too... :roll: .....ok,just kiddin...its ur choice after all......... :lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:cry: :cry: plssssss guys!!!!!
no merits nd demerits of pci ex for me,....atleast not now...when i have not even laid my hands on the rig!!!

i was so determined to go for AGP...nd AMD combination...but
fortunately or unfortunately luck wasnt on my side....
nyway this wud be my first intel pc...had 3 AMD's before..present one is too AMD...

:twisted: i think nitrogen is online!!!!!

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
cool...i told ur config was excellent......
wats wrong with pci-exp??????????u r future proof now pal.......
n this is my first AMD system 4 me....all intels before.....

wolfvroger

Right off the assembly line
icecoolz said:
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
well,i dint get the original bill :(
is it true that a new gigabyte 9600 PRo costs 10k?

The 9600 Pro shouldnt cost 10K. For 10K you can get the 9800 easily. The 9600pro should be around 8K I think.

Dude! 9800 pro 4 10k. (in u r dreams!!) it costs atleast btwn 13k to 14.5k
Club 3d 9800 pro-14750
Powercolor 9800 pro-14500
Club3d 9800XT-19750

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
wolfvroger said:
Club 3d 9800 pro-14750
Club3d 9800XT-19750

256MB or 128MB?????

ny full games included???

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
wolfvroger said:
icecoolz said:
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
well,i dint get the original bill :(
is it true that a new gigabyte 9600 PRo costs 10k?

The 9600 Pro shouldnt cost 10K. For 10K you can get the 9800 easily. The 9600pro should be around 8K I think.

Club 3d 9800 pro-14750
Club3d 9800XT-19750

Next time read what is posted b4 you start commenting on it. I said the 9800 not the pro. I said 9600 pro. 9800 starts at around the prices I mentioned. Sheesh...

hi ,
i realy keep thinking that u guys realy get a graphics card or just keep talking about it.u know they cost around 8k to 10ks.and i don't think that u get that much of pocket money!!.
and if u have got them let me know how. :wink:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
wolfvroger wrote:
well,pay a little more attention wolf b4 u comment on smething....the prices mentioned by icecoolz r accurate tho regional variations do exist.

Santosh Halemani wrote:
i realy keep thinking that u guys realy get a graphics card or just keep talking about it.u know they cost around 8k to 10ks.
u wouldnt have posted this if u had read the threads properly...Hey dude,we talk here abt only those things we intend to do.....i cant help it if u r thinkin otherwise.....me got a 9600PRO n grinnie a 6600PCI....we do wat we talk....

Santosh Halemani wrote:
and i don't think that u get that much of pocket money!!.
and if u have got them let me know how.
well...well...i make the money i spend n pocket money is a thing of the past...dont kno abt my buddy grinnie....well wat u say grinnie?

game_dev

Broken In
I need some more advice :
What is the best cabinet that I can get in around 5k?
Does Antec have any in that range. What is the starting price range of Antec cabinets.

Also (this is a little offtopic but still thought of posting in this thread):
Is the LG 17" LCD monitor better or the Samsung one. Or should I go for the one available if there is no much difference.

Also what brand of HDD should I buy (Samsung/ Western Digital/ other)? I am looking for 80GB x2 SATA 7200rpm. I am planning to do a RAID 0.

Thats all. Thanking you in advance.

Bye !

[flAsh]

In the zone
Here is what my brother sent me frm Malaysia:
1. ASUS A8N SLI
2. AMD ATHLON 64 3800+ with GIGABYTE 3D Cooler Ultra
3. 1 GB(512*2) OCZ Low Latency memory (DDR4300 running at 433 MHz)
4. GAINWARD Geforce 6800 ULTRA (GOLDEN PACK)
5. CREATIVE Inspire T7700
6. 17" TFT Sony Monitor
7. 2 "New" Seagate 120 GB SATA Hdds in RAID 0
8. ANTEC PERFORMANCE PLUS 1080 AMG
9. Microsoft Wireless comfort deluxe edition
10. Lots of Cathode Ray Tubes
11. A liquid coolong system (not in use currently)

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Is the LG 17" LCD monitor better or the Samsung one. Or should I go for the one available if there is no much difference.
In the reviews i have come across,samsung emerges as a better buy.
Sony is still better but.....its the price yaar....unless there is someone to gift it 2 u..... :wink:

But Think Again...........
If you are not already absolutely sure to go for a 17”LCD,don’t care much about the beauty n space factor,consider getting a 21”CRT for that amount or lesser because:(skip it if u hav already done your bit of research :lol: )

1.CRT is better for gaming & movies.Games & movies have rapidly moving images which produce a blurring effect called GHOSTING in LCD monitors.Tho newer LCDs boast of near absence of ghosting but they will burn a real big hole in your pocket.Also the response time while playing games can be a thing of utter frustration with LCDs...

2.CRT images are clear in all resolutions but LCD images are clear only at its native resolution.So no adjustment to a higher resolution is possible in a LCD to find the guy who is sniping at you....

3.LCD resists flickering n eye strain at lower refreash rates(pixel response time actually) which is a rule for CRT at refresh rates less than 80...well that isnt much of an advantage over CRT i think...

4.If you want your younger bro to watch u blast away aliens in HL2,u better go 4 a CRT as most of the non high end LCDs give a clear view only from the front,not from the sides(but thats a blessing if u want to dissuade prying eyes)

5.A 15”LCD is equivalent to a 17”CRT & a 17” LCD is equivalent to a 19” CRT in terms of actual viewing area...but again u can get two 21" CRTs for the price of a 17"LCD

So do think abt it once more..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: :lol:
nice posting nitro.....

the only downside i think abt CRT is its power consumption.... :shock:

else....everything is sweet nd nice with CRT....

for me TFT's will wait till they come in the range of under 10k for 21"...
what do u say...is it possible...??? :wink: :wink:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
for me TFT's will wait till they come in the range of under 10k for 21"...what do u say...is it possible...???
theres no doubt about it........ :lol:.....may b v can get them for our 3year old toddler.... :lol:
LCD prices r high because of the DEAD PIXELS.Companies r charging high for LCDs bec for each LCD they manage to sell,they would've thrown away many faulty high dead pixeled LCDs.Research into LCD technology is mainly focussed on reducing the dead pixels per LCD screen.Once they manage to make most of the LCDs manufactured faultless,we can get them for damn low prices....
Lets hope that it happens soon......... :lol:

Hey game,follow these rules if u hav decided 2 go 4 LCD only….

1.Insist on seeing a DVD movie(not full of corse) & a TV prog in it.Most of the LCDs don’t like these two.Defects in the footage will b very prominent(as jagged ends) in a LCD because the images are displayed with very high sharpness .

2.Chek out the clarity from various angles & not from front alone.

3.Chek out the native resolution.It must b atleast 1280X1024 for a 17” LCD.

4.Chek out the number of dead pixels in the unit u r goin 2 buy.No LCD at present is totally free of dead pixels.Companies market only those units which have the dead pixel count less than the cut off point accepted by them.And they throw away those units with a higher dead pixel count than their standard.We live in a country where even disposable syringes stabbed on AIDS patient come repacked as brand new without any sterilization.so…..

5.Get a LCD with either digital port alone or both digital & analog portes only.Always connect the LCD to the DVI port(Digital)of your graphics card(& not to the VGA port into which we connect the CRT).This gives the best results.

If u r confused between 2 models ,take the model with:
1. LOWER PIXEL PITCH SIZE.The lower it is,the sharper the image will b.

2.LOWER PIXEL RESPONSE TIME.The lower it is,the better it is for gaming & movies.

3.HIGHER CONTRAST RATIO.The higher,the better of corse.

game_dev

Broken In
Hi liquid_nitrogen88,
Thank you for helping me decide.

I am going for the 17" Sony LCD even though it is costly. Its native resolution is 1280x1024. I am looking for LCDs mainly because of reduced eye-strain & crisper images.

I will inspect the monitor before purchasing for any visible dead pixels as advised by you.

Thanks once again.

Bye

Delpiero

Journeyman
[flAsh said:
]Here is what my brother sent me frm Malaysia:
1. ASUS A8N SLI
6. 17" TFT Sony Monitor

Is that possible? I mean they must charge some duties on these hardwares. I can bring a 6800 ultra without being getting detected in the airport, but your bro has send you big thing like t7700 and a sony monitor , incredible. Was all this easy?

[flAsh]

In the zone
Delpiero said:
Is that possible? I mean they must charge some duties on these hardwares. I can bring a 6800 ultra without being getting detected in the airport, but your bro has send you big thing like t7700 and a sony monitor , incredible. Was all this easy?

My dear, U must b knowing that Malaysia is a tax free zone and no import tax will be awarded if u purchase ur goods there, certainly it has to b in the creteria specified and computer goods lies in that creteria only. I hope u understand. :roll:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
I am going for the 17" Sony LCD even though it is costly. Its native resolution is 1280x1024.
Good decision pal among LCDs..... :lol: .......how much?

I am looking for LCDs mainly because of reduced eye-strain & crisper images.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Here is what my brother sent me frm Malaysia:
1. ASUS A8N SLI
6. 17" TFT Sony Monitor
Nice config....superb actually....i saw it in another thread too...
But i do wonder how it will ans the qn posted by game_dev... :roll: :D

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
Nice config....superb actually....i saw it in another thread too...
But i do wonder how it will ans the qn posted by game_dev... :roll: :D

:lol: :lol: exactly the point i was thinking....
we shud initiate a new thread....post ur BIG configurations there...
dont make ppl jealous of u....!! :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom