THE BEST CONFIGURATION FOR AMD64

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
well,i dint get the original bill :(
is it true that a new gigabyte 9600 PRo costs 10k?

The 9600 Pro shouldnt cost 10K. For 10K you can get the 9800 easily. The 9600pro should be around 8K I think.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: ....WOW!!!!
u purchased a graphic card ... dat too second hand...nd dat too without bill????
consider a bad situation where it gets fried..((whatever the reason... :mrgreen: ..too much gaming))...nd u take it to genuine gigabyte authorised dealer nd service centre...nd they throw a
NITROGEN BOMB on u saying that the card isn't original..."grey stuff"..!!

u definately need sum sort of written proof stating the origin of warranty period....

catch the owner before he flies away out of the country!!! :twisted:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
uh ho
i contacted my dealer after ur mail n he told he is helpless
he offered me a 9200 all in wonder card then :shock:
he also told that a new motherboard called EPoX EP-8KDA3+ is there with geforce 3 chipset n its better than asus k8v n even msi :?:
so i am back to square one now :evil:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well I couldnt find much about the mobo in terms of reviews. It seems to have good features. But since its a lil known board I would say stick to the ASUS mobos.

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
well i got a reveiw at:
*www.a1-electronics.net/AMD_Section/Mobos/nForce3-150-250/EPoX_8KDA3+_pg2.shtml
but as u said no one has heard about the company.theres a mention about them in an old digit issue.but thats of not much help.i will stik 2 asus i think.

raj14

In Deniel
The Best AMD 64 FX system

If you are building, a high end system your budget is likely to be about Rs.50,000 or so on but the main problem is that many components like the AMD 64 FX-51, 53 and 55 are not even availble india! Here is the best AMD 64 based system indian money can buy: processor: AMD 64 FX 3200+ Rs.12,000. Mainboard: ASUS SK8N Rs.15,000. Ram: 1GB DDR 400MHz Kingston Rs.16,000 Graphic card: Gainward 2600/Ultra'GS(nvidia Geforce 6800 ultra)Rs.35,000 Hard drive: Hitachi 7K400 x2 800GB Rs.44,000 sound card: Creative SB audigy 2 platinum Rs.15,000. Speakers: logitech Z-680 5.1 THx certified Rs.36,000 Optical drive: Sony 16x dual layered DVD writer Rs.8,000 cabinet: Antec Wave Master Rs.9,000 power supply: Antec True 550 Rs.9,700 monitor: samsung sync master 997DF 19"CRT Rs.16,000 k-board and mouse: Logitech cordless mx duo Rs.5,750 enjoy

[flAsh]

In the zone
R u mad/fool??? :twisted:
Amd athlon 64 3200+ is a 754 socket processor. while ASUS Sk8n is a 940 socket mobo meant 4 opteron and AMD 64 FX - 51/53 only. Moreover nothing like AMD athlon 64 FX 3200+ exists. how did it cam 2 ur mind that u will get AThlon 64 FX 4 12K. Athlon 64 FX -51 lowest in FX series cost nearly above 20K and is rarely available in india.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
lol...I think hes just copy pasted the info from somewhere. UIGB Kingston at 16000 :roll: lol.... 800GB SATA HDD's and what not....he even suggested a 7.1 sound card and 5.1 speakers....sheesh...

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
thats the prob if u learn without thinkin n if u think without learning
:lol:

AMD 64 FX 3200+
AMD 64 FX are 51,53(2.4GHz) &55(2.6GHz).There is no 3200+
currently available 51 is socket 940,53 both 939 & 940 and 55 socket 939.

Mainboard: ASUS SK8N
ASUS SK8N is Socket 940 and supports both AMD Opteron(Series 100 and 200) & Athlon 64 FX(51 & 53 obviously).Its a nForce3 motherboard.It cant b said as the best board out there as nForce4 SLI motherboards occupy the top positions.

this much is enough for not 2 continue readin that mail.......

Hitachi 7K400 x2 800GB
oh..my...

game_dev

Broken In
I want to buy a new system. I have decided to go for AMD64. I will use it for: Programming, 3ds max & other 3d modelling, image editing, gaming(Doom3, HL2 etc). Please suggest me a few things.

For the above mentioned uses, I think AMD should be the best or should I go for something without pins on it (Intel) :D ?

Should I go for Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+? Any much difference?

Should I go for ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe ? Firstly, is it availaible in India? If so at what cost (In another thread, it was about 18000)? Is it really worth the extra cost or it is just useful if we are using SLI? Is there any significant performance increase above NForce3?

I have heard/read that AMD64 does not support DDR2. Correct me if I am wrong. I have decided for 512 MB DDR400 (256x2).

What graphics card should I buy? Should I go for GeForce Fx57/900 / 6600? or an ATI? For ATI, please suggest. I want to do 3D modelling & play latest games.

What is the cost of an 80 GB 7200rpm SATA HDD?

Please post your comments.

Bye

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
What graphics card should I buy? Should I go for GeForce Fx57/900 / 6600? or an ATI? For ATI, please suggest. I want to do 3D modelling & play latest games.

6600 Would be your best bet if ur lookin for a price to performance ratio. There is no point goin in for SLI mobos at the mobo as either they are too expensive or you cant afford 2 PCI-E cards at the moment.

What is the cost of an 80 GB 7200rpm SATA HDD?

3800 Rs

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
well..well..well...thats a good bunch of questions sure to tease our brains for some time to come..... :lol:

But Game,first tell wats ur budget as it all depends on that....

I want to buy a new system. I have decided to go for AMD64. I will use it for: Programming, 3ds max & other 3d modelling, image editing, gaming(Doom3, HL2 etc). Please suggest me a few things.For the above mentioned uses, I think AMD should be the best or should I go for something without pins on it (Intel)
Go for AMD(this is backed up by extensive research of reviews in net which u may repeat)

Should I go for Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+? Any much difference?
I am personally gettin a 3200+ soon.But my needs are quite diff from urs.The performance(n prices too) goes up till 4000+.Still higher is the FX64 series in both.For your requirements anything higher than 3500+ will b needed.(3500+ is 2.2GHz).

Should I go for ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe ? Firstly, is it availaible in India? If so at what cost (In another thread, it was about 18000)?
Dont go 4 it.Availability i dont kno.cost in $ around 350.

Is it really worth the extra cost or it is just useful if we are using SLI? Is there any significant performance increase above NForce3?
There is a definite gain over nforce3 but the cost cant be justified at this stage unless if u can wait 4 a couple of months more.....

I have heard/read that AMD64 does not support DDR2. Correct me if I am wrong.
The problem between AMD64 & DDR2 has to do with the way the AMD64 handles memory.In AMD64,the memory controller is built into the chip itself & it runs at the speed of the system bus.That’s why AMD64 gets its performance advantage over the previous AMD chips & Intel, which run at Front Side Bus speeds.But then AMD64 is finely tuned for controlling the DDR1 chips.Don’t worry,AMD has plans for the DDR2 and DDR3 chips but it will take quite some time to do that.Also DDR2 goes into mass production in one year or so only.

I have decided for 512 MB DDR400 (256x2).
Consider getting a higher memory RAM.More,the better.

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
hi grinnin devil,ice coolz n other pals
i hav finalised the system n has got it assembled
me got a brand new 9600PRO(for 8k+)throwin away the 2nd hand stuff :lol:
motherboard is ASUS K8V-X as discussed b4.
the onboard 6 channel sound was quite good so i decided against the sound card for the time being.
rest of the config remains the same
i will get the baby tmrw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hope it rocks :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

game_dev

Broken In
Thanks a lot for the info liquid_nitrogen88 & icecoolz.

One more thing, are ASUS cards better than XFX? Please reply.

Bye !

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Go for ASUS if u hav 2 choose between them.their products are more reliable.But consider Gainward first for nvidia n gigabyte/powercolor/club3D etc for ati.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey nitrogen!
hope ur reading this post in ur new rig!!!
the best thing u did was ommiting the sound card...its a waste of money if ur getting an onboard 6.1 !! what abt the speakers???
u purchased 5200 5.1 creative inspire kya???
yesterday i purchased 6.1 creative 6700 for rs.4700....just 200 over that 5.1 !!!:wink: :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
Go for ASUS if u hav 2 choose between them.their products are more reliable.But consider Gainward first for nvidia n gigabyte/powercolor/club3D etc for ati.

u sure is rite that ASUS have gud market value...
but for me nything that works within warranty limit is fine!!
nd moreover i have witnessed a hand to hand replacement of XFX card frm their dealer... :lol: ...assured me to trust XFX!!

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
No yaar...new rig got some pruning to be done on it with regard to hard disc partition etc.i am planning 2 use it for anything but the net.Fed up combing for all sorts of spyware,adware,bugs n all those stuff from this system after each net session.....i dont want them 2 spoil my new system too....

Nice that u got a 6.1......i heard it n its good....i got 2 get content with just a 5.1 now:(

but u went 2 buy a graphics card n got speakers instead?or u bought both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom