The Beast Has Gone Into State Of Slumber!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a desktop computer,wiz.
MSI P45 Neo-F,2x2GB Transcend(800 Mhz),Sapphire HD 4850 512 MB,WDC 640GB Green power,Corsair VX 450W,NZXT Apollo Chassis and Dell US 2208WFP
bought on 2nd October,2008.Backup-powered by APC 650 VA

I had hell lota viruses and bugs since few days(coz of not updating AVG free for 15-20)on XP SP3 based system.
And some weird things happened 2-3 days back;
1.When I used to insert the ethernet cable.(after booting into Windows) the monitor would go blank(with monitor going into Power Saver mode-coz of no input) almost instantly,,while the CPU would be still running(and not restarting)

2.then, The Next day
I got A BLUE SCREEN error.
saying that "my ati graphics driver(dnt remember the filename and other details exactly)has some problem or there's a problem with HArdware"
And bottom most line was:
"PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP ERROR"

so,,i thought enuf of this MESS;
and formatted the primary(OS) partition and installed Vista Home Premium succesfully
and the screen showed system specs-4GB RAM,etc..after succesfully booting into Vista!
Didnt install any drivers,after that,switched it off.

was happy,,switched it off!!!

After restarting half an hour ago,,,there was no input to monitor(blank)
and CPU was continously restarting!
I reconected both ends of DVI cable(display)
AND
tried to take out RAM for cleaning(but the lower white Holder for the Ram was being obstructed by the GPU,,so didnt take out the ram succesfully)

and dont know,,,sumhow...
restart loop stopped ..but still system was not booting in(coz I could switch off the CPU by soft press and not 20 seconds long press,,needed when system has logged into Windows)
While the display was still dead allthroughout>>>>

And all this on 31st eve's >>>Got pissed off,,,slept at 11.30pm!!NO NEW YEAR WISHES:sad:

and then nxt day,,
sumhow out of magic,,the system booted into Vista succesfuly,,and display to the monitor was there(Only to find that recognised memory was just 2GB:???::???::???:

so i called one of my "Hardware FRIEND" to look...
he said that top white notch of 2nd RAM stick is loose...
so he fixed that..
and again the VISCIOUS RESTART LOOP(display sitting DEAD)
and then...
we tried all the permutations,
for single RAM Stick,
and both raM sTICKS also...
BUT THIS RECYCLING LOOPS didnt stop(monitor always sitting with no display)
and then I SAID myself...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

P.S.-Iam totally screwed up now,,so would be unscrewing both the GPU,,and the RAMs again and TRY MY LUCK!!!
But,

GUYS PLEASE THINK AND HELP OUT>>>WHAT COULD BE THE POSSIBLE REASON???? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
What were you even doing to get those viruses ;)
Damn- I never liked msi boards for bios, layout and silly copper heatsinks. But I hope your DIMM slot didnt get loose.
Remove the cmos battery for around 1-2 minutes and restart to bios. Then check in BIOS how much rams are detected and then the temps. If your hardware friend has a ddr2 based system then get the ram and hard drives checked. Run orthos blend test (google it) or mem test it for 4-5 hours and run hd tach's error scan on hard drives. If both are good, well and good- if not rma them.
Get your power supply checked as well. Same goes for the mobo.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
What were you even doing to get those viruses ;)
Damn- I never liked msi boards for bios, layout and silly copper heatsinks. But I hope your DIMM slot didnt get loose.
Remove the cmos battery for around 1-2 minutes and restart to bios. Then check in BIOS how much rams are detected and then the temps. If your hardware friend has a ddr2 based system then get the ram and hard drives checked. Run orthos blend test (google it) or mem test it for 4-5 hours and run hd tach's error scan on hard drives. If both are good, well and good- if not rma them.
Get your power supply checked as well. Same goes for the mobo.

you have given a really long list?? btw,,where's the cmos battery actually situated.wud it be there on the manual...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its not a long list. This is something any average technical sound guys know which your friend should be able to help you out. That is one of the standard check ups that a user does.
Since you dont know how the cmos battery looks like, its best if you show the system to your dealer before any physical damage is done. Not that I am judging you or something, but its a brand new board and if the board has any form of physical damage the warranty will be voided. Better to be safe then sorry. Let your dealer check the system and if its the board that is giving the problem and the warranty is not voided, he will repair/replace with no charge.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
Its not a long list. This is something any average technical sound guys know which your friend should be able to help you out. That is one of the standard check ups that a user does.
Since you dont know how the cmos battery looks like, its best if you show the system to your dealer before any physical damage is done. Not that I am judging you or something, but its a brand new board and if the board has any form of physical damage the warranty will be voided. Better to be safe then sorry. Let your dealer check the system and if its the board that is giving the problem and the warranty is not voided, he will repair/replace with no charge.
i know how the cmos battery looks like,,but wasnt available to take it out..anyway I knew it would do no good,,in my case!
First of all...I CHECKED both of RAM sticks individually on my friend's computer,,both were working!
Then
i removed power supply for DVD drive,HDD
removed the GPU-CLEANED it's FAn,,cleaned the LED fan on the Chassis
cleaned the ram(though there was apparently no dust)
and then installed RAM..and GPU,and checked...the monitor waked up..and system showed the bios..
then I connected all things..and it's all working
so,
THE BEAST IS BACK WITH A BANG,,now

THANK YOU GUYS ,,FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVISES

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah even if we are shortsighted from too much gaming..
we can read words of the usual size with our thick glasses clearly..
no need to shout it out to us like that..
you really are loud in a very offensive manner

oops sorry other folks but i have to communicate on the same wavelength otherwise the concerned party wont receive the communication ;)

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
yeah even if we are shortsighted from too much gaming..
we can read words of the usual size with our thick glasses clearly..
no need to shout it out to us like that..
you really are loud in a very offensive manner

oops sorry other folks but i have to communicate on the same wavelength otherwise the concerned party wont receive the communication ;)

Why people dont keep up with themselves,,,,,??????
BUT
look..so as to make your statement you too used the "loud and very offensive manner" which you could have written plainly...Though you are so aggresively against it!
But then,even you couldnt resist the urge in first place!;)
and regarding why I used them...i DOnt need to give any explanation why i used the largest size font,,it's obvious! (Read:Understand them again,,,:confused:)
and if you are too dumb,,,
,,y coz....
I COULD....

And regarding being gamers,,
"WE DREAM OUT LOUD AND SPEAK LOUD"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom