the Arch Linux thread

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Here .. see this.. *bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=132225

I went through this problem a long time back.. Don't know the solution :(

Particularly, the third post..

Offtopic:- I think that this distro deserves an article in the Digit Magazine now. They can take all the input from our thread. It's been going on since four years.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Guys, I DLed the i686 version. Now I am at the part where it asks for packages, please tell me which ones to install.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks a lot ico :)

It worked. Sorry I didn't search at Arch Linux forums and all.

Thanks hellknight and LFC_Fan, ico's trick worked. :)

Guys, I DLed the i686 version. Now I am at the part where it asks for packages, please tell me which ones to install.

You can go on with only core. Or if you think (for development needs) you may include core-devel.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Better yet for all newbie queries visit this:
Build a Killer Customized Arch Linux Installation (and Learn All About Linux in the Process)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sorry, but how do you get on IRC. I mean, you gave that link last time when the forums went down for maintenance, but I didn't bookmark it then.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What about FF?

Isn't there a way to incorporate this IRC chat page as a widget into the Forum itself? I think it would be much more convenient.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about FF?

Isn't there a way to incorporate this IRC chat page as a widget into the Forum itself? I think it would be much more convenient.
Chatzilla extension...but configuring it can be a bit confusing for first timers.

See Liverpool_fan's signature btw.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I was getting some errors during the bootup. Upon investigating I found out that it was hal that was giving me errors. We no longer need hal now. So please remove it from your system & delete the hal from the rc.conf file.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
That was a long time ago. Your Arch installation is older than a year or what? :p

Remove FAM as well if it's still there.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
Hi.....I am new to Arch and never tried to install...Now want to try installing. So expect help from you all friends...

Installed once. but was stuck at configuring rc.conf and installing environment.

Top Bottom