The alienware desktops -ultimate game machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i know alienware is not available in india but still ...its something worth a review !!
source : ofcrse www.alienware.com

so here it goes....the alien ware Aurora™ ALX..

Equipped with an astonishing four NVIDIA GPUs backed by Chilled Quad SLI and an exclusive Liquid Chilled solution for a gaming experience beyond belief

product features :
Exclusive Liquid Chilled Solution
Alienware provides the optimum level of cooling for Quad SLI graphics thanks to an exclusive Liquid Chilled solution powered by CoolIT Systems. This Liquid Chilled Quad SLI Graphics solution goes beyond standard water cooling solutions by chilling liquid below ambient temperature to ensure the highest levels of performance from four GPUs. It also produces a lower degree of noise than other water cooling solutions and is designed to be maintenance-free for the quietest, most reliable operation possible.

Graphics x 4
Backed by the groundbreaking technology of Quad SLI, the Aurora ALX unleashes the power of four NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs within a single system for a truly breathtaking graphics experience. Quad SLI, which enables four graphics cards to work in tandem to form one image, lets you run your most demanding games at ultra-high resolutions up to 2560x1600 and at the smoothest frame rates possible. Quad SLI also enables shader and texture settings to be maximized to further scale back any previous limits on gaming.

Beyond the Cutting Edge------
Performance Enhanced Hardware
Alienware ALX systems feature performance-enhanced hardware to provide more speed, power, and responsiveness than ever before. High-performance hardware is carefully engineered and configured to define and deliver a brand new class of high-performance systems. Pushed beyond all previous performance thresholds, ALX systems satisfy even the most extreme need for speed.

alienware® ALX systems take performance to the edge with performance-enhanced graphics. Designed to exceed even the most demanding expectations, these exclusively-enhanced graphics solutions enable the highest quality rendering with industry-leading performance.
Go beyond all limits with an Alienware ALX. With up to 4GB of high-speed RAM and up to 2 TB of hard drive space, the definition of "top-end" has just been officially changed.

Higher Power High Definition Audio
Dramatically enhance the way you listen to games, music, and movies with the latest high definition audio technology delivered by Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, which provides:

* 24 times more powerful audio processing than previous technology
* A 15% performance increase over integrated motherboard audio
* Incredibly realistic surround sound while wearing any headphones/ear buds or using any speakers
* Delivering SuperRip technology so you can rip your CDs into Xtreme Fidelity quality

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro featuring 64MB on-board X-RAM - audio memory dedicated to higher gaming audio quality and performance.

i know its too long but worth a read ....but worth a read and something u can dream of...
so tell me how is it ???
i have configured one ..which i think is the ultimate check it out :

processor : AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor - Extreme Power!

os : Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition with Service Pack 2
With Media Center Remote Control

Chassis :Alienware® Full-Tower Chassis -space black colour
Alienware® AlienIce™ + Acoustic Dampening (wow what technology )

Power Supply:700 Watt Alienware® Approved Multi-GPU Power Supply

Motherboard :Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard

Memory : 2GB DDR2 PC-6400 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB

storage : 300GB RAID0 (2 x 150GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ NCQ &
16MB Cache)

primary ROM : 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive with LightScribe Technology

Graphics Processor :Quad NVIDIA® SLI™ technology featuring four GeForce® 7900
GPUs (what the hell will be the graphics )

Physics Processing Unit :Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3

Monitor : Dell 30" 2560 x 1600 UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
with HDCP! (Extreme HD Gaming!)

Sound Card :High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio - Standard

Speakers :Logitech® Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System
Featuring Wireless Technology!

communications :Integrated Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet

keyboard : Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000

Mouse : Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse

thats it .........all this for only 10,000 US $ ...hmm cheap na ..ha ha ..wish it was there in india...or if they could ship it in india with extra charges....

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Means that many people have had problems with Alienware systems, especially with the drivers for the Quad SLI graphics. It's been discussed on the forum already I think.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
but i think nothing can match alienware ...anyways is it available in india ?

what happen didnt anyone like the review ???it was my first...

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Not available in India. But you can build a similar config minus the Qual SLI for a fraction of what Alienware charges.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
You can get something much cheaper yet almost as good and sometimes even better than what Alienware plans to give you, such thing always don't have to be available in India.

What do you not get?

Get Amd FX62, not a big deal
Get Opteron dual Core 165 and oc to 3ghz and it is the fastest cpu next only to conroe, does Alienware give you that?

You can yourself get Quad sli, no big deal

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
hmmm but are the alienware type cabinets..and cooling system available in india ???like liquid cooling..and all..still i think india is far behind..dont u think alienware beasts are something ultimate...

Opteron dual Core 165 ..is avialble with alienware..almost everything is available..u just need to tell them what u want...

Ch@0s

In the zone
You can build something better for half the money... Alienware is all hype :p. Also about cabinets, you can get a coolermaster stacker 830 for 12K which is way better than any case alienware will give you :p.

Last edited:
OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
hmmm ....i see that ..but i dont know why i feel alienware..is really something different and extreme..the loooks and all..

Ch@0s

In the zone
Its only cos of the "photochopped" images. It looks pretty ordinary if you see it in person. In fact my CM Wavemaster looks ten times better than alienware cases (other than the custom painted star wars/superman ones). But then again u pay 500$ for a paintjob :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom