The $25 Dollar Tablet

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ In that case, it would be called, Punchur screen!!! :rofl:
On serious note, I would want to add, that we can do nothing but speculate about $25 tablet. We have to realize, that even if it were true it is meant for Students, and I dont think, general public would have any chance to get a hold of one piece. (unless they have "contacts", which I assume some will have.)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Some Negative points which will make people go mad:
1) Horrible Touchscreen: Typing will be very difficult. Press A but S gets typed.
Hope it comes with Usb on the Go for external keyboard support
2) Quality: Its quite safe to assume that a full fledged Tablet costing only $25 is going to be dirt slow. How will companies manage total build cost from the touch screen all the way to the battery? Will remain a mystery.
Even a Nokia N73 battery costs around $10(Rs. 450 appx)

Some Positive points:
1) Portability: I dont know how many students are going to use it but its going to help them keep their files portable?

Wait! we dont have e-Textbooks do we(atleast Ncert text books arent)
2) Low cost: Its going to help the economically weak students those who cant afford have a pc to atleast have something to store their things on. They can surf web,etc

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
touch screen will be the main problem..screen even of cheapo 5230/5233 costs 3-4k..and it is resistive not even like capacitive or amoled or super lcd..internal hardware specs will come next like processor, memory, ram, usb etc..if u dont have proper user-friendly screen which even misses a stroke what's the point in using other hardware specs and features..u will throw that mobile in two hours..

lets hope...it may come up with good screen and other features..

HellKing

Broken In
don't know about that......... somehow I feel better reading off a PC..... I can just surf wikipedia or google for more engaging content regarding the subject matter (and that helped me concentrating..).... I did use these ncert ebooks during my school days...

Tech&ME

Banned
The whole logic behind this Tablet for Students is to bring the e-Classroom experience to every student.

Not all the schools can afford high tech SmartClass for its students, companies like Educom, etc provide such services at a very high cost to schools, which in turn adds the cost of fees to the students.

This tablet is targeted for use as an additional source for learning textbook contents through multimedia. So, some special multimedia content will be pre-loaded on this tablet.

Comparing this Tablet with products like NOKIA , etc will be like comparing MAC with PC.!!

Last edited:

Whistler81

The One and Only
Where is India's $35 tablet, Mr Sibal? - The Times of IndiaWhere is India's $35 tablet, Mr Sibal? - The Times of India

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Where is India's $35 tablet, Mr Sibal? - The Times of IndiaWhere is India's $35 tablet, Mr Sibal? - The Times of India
It took more than a year for ChromeOS be widely available after it was first revealed. And we're talking about Indian Government here.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
It took more than a year for ChromeOS be widely available after it was first revealed. And we're talking about Indian Government here.

You mean Indian Standard Time. isn´t it? being always late...
God knows when this device will come to the hands of indian students and a year after that mainstream persons will start using it...

newway01

Journeyman
Heard its coming next week, oct 5th to be precise. Priced @ 1700 :razz:

Anyway I am quite not sure. Someone posted about this on my facebook wall..:-|

doomgiver

Warframe
breaking news : apple has decided to cut the price of ipads by 90%, fearing competition from the "affordable" indian tablet.

newway01

Journeyman
breaking news : apple has decided to cut the price of ipads by 90%, fearing competition from the "affordable" indian tablet.
:p:p its only affordable, not worth a gadget to proudly own.. Do BMW actually need to reduce their prices in India, just because M800 is available under 2lac?? :-o

doomgiver

Warframe
it was satire.
the makers have hyped it up to OMGWTF levels.

frankly, i dont care about a $25 tablet. why? it will be crippled in unacceptable ways.
these pot smoking bozos should at least put reasonable targets.

i bet that when it comes out, it will be just a piece of cardboard with the words "tablet" scrawled carefully on it, oh, it will also be usable as a box for keeping your (e)books and music cd's in.

Whatever be the functionality, I'm definitely buying it if its priced around 2.5k. The hardware is decent enough to facilitate use as an eBook reader, and I've already grown tired of lugging around a couple of 1kg books or a 3kg laptop during the semester exam season :(

Top Bottom