The 121 Rupee remote control for your PC

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
It's simple, cheap and effective and its applications are countless!!! Do try it out.

I've uploaded the tutorial to Rapidshare due to the limitation here.
Here's the link : DIY Infrared receiver for your PCv1.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Last edited:

mario_pant

In the zone
AWSOME DuDE!
just one thing... did u make this thing on a PCB or in the air/with wires??

Last edited:
OP
mod-the-pc

mod-the-pc

@mario_pant I did't use PCB, Just connected the legs of the diff components (and is that what u mean by "in the air") ???

mario_pant

In the zone
yes i meant to say that only by in the air....
anyways what is the range you get from it?
can u trap the mouse control with tis thing?

OP
mod-the-pc

mod-the-pc

It works fine in my room which is just 5M long so i've not tried it for ranges above this. Yes, u can emulate mouse events with this by getting a proper software like Girder!!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
how said connect it COM port?
how do i know where is my com post?(any pic's)

i have msi k8mm-v mobo ?

Andyiz

Journeyman
Good TUT, But can it completly replace Keyboard and mouse.
CAn u specify where is all these applicable.

OP
mod-the-pc

mod-the-pc

@Andyiz it can replace a Keyboard and mouse (provided you get a remote control with soo many keys !!! which u probably wont) but thats not what this was intended for. Just use it for converting ur PC into a jukebox!!!

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Thanks for reply, it really looks interesting i am planning to create one. But i have one question in mind does this really works?

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
mod-the-pc said:
Hey I've created five of that for my friends and we are using our PC as our jukebox !!!
I have really no doubt about your work, i have read your guide its really nice and there is also given how it works. I was only talking about if it will work if i do it as i dont know much about electronics. I just used incorrect words above. thanks.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@mod-the-pc
I created one today just took 1/2hr. and its working. thanks for such great tutorial. is ther any software to control windows

Top Bottom