test your antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Hey..Guess what..I just tested this on a machine running where i am testing Norton 360..There was complete silence and this so called virus wasn't detected at all :x

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
subratabera said:
*img253.imageshack.us/img253/8348/avasttestresultbi4.jpg

Source: *www.avast.com/eng/eicar-antivirus-test-file.html

Please study a little bit more before making such comments...

With regards...

Subrata Bera.
sorry bro but avast only detects its wen we sav file usin X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
and does not detect wen us make file usin
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$Dhiraj-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

it means avaast is cheatin a bit. it simply reads that text file for EICAR n report as EICAR test file!!

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
fun2sh said:
sorry bro but avast only detects its wen we sav file usin X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
and does not detect wen us make file usin
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$Dhiraj-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

it means avaast is cheatin a bit. it simply reads that text file for EICAR n report as EICAR test file!!
You are absolutely right. But if you look carefully there are two instances of the same line with different VIRUS headers....

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$Dhiraj-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

And by the way according to Wikipedia the Eicar test string reads:

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

And that means....Avast is not cheating at all...Don't you think so....

Subrata Bera.

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
all av know about this EICAR test file and HENCE some just dont even bother to detect or delete it actually !!! that dznt mean ur particular av is bad !

*www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

there is one more such, but i cant seem to place it now ...

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
anandk said:
all av know about this EICAR test file and HENCE some just dont even bother to detect or delete it actually !!! that dznt mean ur particular av is bad !

*www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
True...

xbonez

NP : Crysis
my avast real time scanner didn't detect it. i then exclusively scanned just that file and still avast didn't detect it :(

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt

mcafee didnt detect the original code....

but when i typed that modified code given by subratabera.... it detected in a flash n gav a prompt warning n deleted the file.....

i din need even to scan it.... so mcafee is good ... acc. to me.. :)

*maxupload.com/thumb/666D71D3.gif

Last edited:

abhijangda

Padawan
vish786 said:
what sort of code is that.......... or is that a virus or something else ??
This is virus signature.
hmm.. quickheal also give me warning. It gives file name as eicar test file. I have downloaded this file 3 days ago in .exe extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom