!!Test The Best----- Laptop

william

Journeyman
!!Test The Best----- Laptop ---Purchased

opinion required abt thw two...

dv6 3225tx i5 480M at 2.53 ghz, 4gb ram,500gb hdd, ati 6550(1gb)---44k

dv6- 6016tx i5 2410 at 2.3ghz,4gb ram,500gb hdd,ati 6490m(1gb)---48k

my budget is arnd 45k. i know the later one is sandy bridge based but then config of above surely looks gud. what say.
my main task i sprogramming and then little bit of gaming.

links are here

dv6 3225tx.
HP Pavilion dv6-3225tx Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ920PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

dv6 6016tx
HP Pavilion dv6-6016tx Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ457PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
william said:
dv6 3225tx i5 480M at 2.53 ghz, 4gb ram,500gb hdd, ati 6550(1gb)---44k

I'd say this one is better cause its of lower price(by 4k) and got better GPU than the latter.
Although, this doesnt have have the new Sandy Bridge proccy's but the i5 480m wont dissapoint you.

BTW, what type of light gaming are you talking about>?

OP
william

william

Journeyman
i agree with u..the gpu is definately better.but then sandy bridge is here and it seems to have evolved a lot from previous.the sandy bridge is what restricting fro above one. and also the price of later is higher by 4k.

i want to play games like shift,hot pursuit,dragon age, wont mind playing them at lowest settings.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
william said:
i want to play games like shift,hot pursuit,dragon age, wont mind playing them at lowest settings.
YOu can easily play the mentioned games at the 44k laptop quite easily.
If you play at slightly lower resolutions, you can even max out the graphics settings.

OP
william

william

Journeyman
ya u r right that they are easily playable at 44k one model.. but what do u say abt sandy bridge..i have read a lot abt it and was even waiting for it..it is better that is clear..

OP
william

william

Journeyman
i kow the difference buddy...but i want to know how much difference can it make like i said my main task would be programming.. and also "how advisable it is to buy older processor based laptop when sandy bridge is out.."

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
As programming is your main use, if you are comfortable in spending the extra 4k , get the Sandy Bridge.
Gaming isnt the main thing as you said. Sandy Bridge would help.
Better battery life, Performance.
But if you want to game too, the older proccy wont affect your programming much.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Do post after you finallly made up your mind.

Remember, in programming both the proccy's are almost gonna be same but in gaming 10% difference should be there regarding the fps of the game

OP
william

william

Journeyman
ya will do that...the only thing that was bothering me was the fact that "buying and older processor when sandy bridge is out"..

any more suggestions by other members are also welcome..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
As you are worried, get the Sandy Bridge.
It will gurantee peace of mind.

As you already posted its ok with you to play games at lower graphic.
Go for Sandy Bridge :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Best of luck man.

Post it here after you get it- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-263.html

OP
william

william

Journeyman
wil do that..recently my frnd has got 6016tx will try that first...and this might help in making my purchase..

OP
william

william

Journeyman
then definatly i'll have to check thanks that u told abt heating issue...the other thing i was wondering abt its price tag as it has only entry level gpu..stil 48k plus!!!

HP are giving away the Best GPU in the 45-60K category but most the laptops are having the overheating issues .

I wont say that I have experienced them but this is what I have read . I am also buying a laptop soon so just telling you to do some research.

Keep us posted here .

OP
william

william

Journeyman
i am even looking for hp dv 3016tx its 14inch laptop but then definatly packs a better gpu that ati 6750....i m not sure abt the price if it goes too much then i may not go for it for me 45k is maxd out as i ahve main work of devlopement and programming....what do u have to say abt it.?

Top Bottom