Temps ok? ??

vizkid2005

In the zone
I got a CM 212+ today 4m ITWARES ... temps are hovering at 30 - 35C at idle n 50C at full load .... are these temps alright? ???

Sent from my GT-I5500L using Tapatalk

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
50 is ok and did you try prime95 test to see it for 10-15 under load. as temp load are not enough atleast 15 min will do the job

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
no overclocking ... when underload the clock goes to about 3.1 GHz ..
I'll do more testin 2day n post d results ....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a CM 212+ today 4m ITWARES ... temps are hovering at 30 - 35C at idle n 50C at full load .... are these temps alright? ???

Congrats and how much you paid for it ??

Try a little Ocing - upto 70c load temp you will be fine - get the extra performance boost with Hyper 212+ ;-)

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Temprature looks good.
Are you using Hyper 212+ with 1 fan?

Yes ... One fan only ... Also While Gaming temps just reach 55 C ....

Congrats and how much you paid for it ??

Try a little Ocing - upto 70c load temp you will be fine - get the extra performance boost with Hyper 212+ ;-)

Thanks ... Actually its a gift I got for my PC ... Its going to be 1 yr old on the 25th this week .... Price : 2k + Rs.50[credit card tax]

And Guys I also got an MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II for 14.75k ...And the Card is a beast !!! Price good ???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the price info and the price of 560ti Twin Frozr II is good too ;-)

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
I did the prime95 test ... 55C max ... till what temp can I push ... I want to try OCing ... and guys pplz help wid my gfx crd prob ... see in d gfx cards section of forum ... gtx 560 ...thnx ...

After Prime95 ... I ran Furmark Burn In Test(For MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II) ...
GPU Temp Before Test : 35C
GPU Temp During the test : 76C:shock: (Within 2 minutes ... ) I got Scared :hyper: and turned the test off !!!

Is this normal temps ??? Or is it not ???
What are the normal temps during stress tests for my GPU ???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ For the cpu load temps using stress test apps - upto 70c is safe and for the gpu stress test don't let it cross over 80c - if the gpu temps feels too high try cranking up the fan speeds to keep it more cool ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's within safe zone ;-)

topgear - really?? only80 deg C?? I think gpu's are all right as far as u keep them below ~100... ??

CPu and gpus are made of silicon - so why it's not safe to run cpus around 100c - ever think about that ??

How much temp a GPU can handle depends on the GPU model and the quality of the GPU used - Most modern gpus has temp limit of more than 100c but if one likes their gpu they won't run them around 100c while gaming for 3-5 on a single go I feel more comfortable upto 80c - low temps means better longevity ;-)

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
^^ Very nice explanation on the silicon n semiconductor part by topgear ...
They are the best the temperature allows them to be ... above the temp of active region they break down and act as normal conductors ..

S_V

In the zone
^^ it's within safe zone ;-)

CPu and gpus are made of silicon - so why it's not safe to run cpus around 100c - ever think about that ??

How much temp a GPU can handle depends on the GPU model and the quality of the GPU used - Most modern gpus has temp limit of more than 100c but if one likes their gpu they won't run them around 100c while gaming for 3-5 on a single go I feel more comfortable upto 80c - low temps means better longevity ;-)

well said mate... It's good to keep them under 75c.. That's the main reason I am using aftermarket Coolers for Vid cards(Second one coming up soon) and now The video card stays under 63c for any game or Stress softwares.

But Running cards in 80c <100c is also fine and they don't get damage as we think of it... My Old 8800 GTS 640mb and GTX 275 running at 102 and 87-90 respectively and both are doing fine especially 8800GTS Becoz it's been 5 years since we bought and still it looks solid....

Last edited:

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Topgear - Really?? You worry to much dudeee!!!

I only agree with you on the part that performance of a chip scales with temperatures.

I'd like to bring up S_V's point here... 8800 @ 102 deg C and runs fine... ;)

P.S. A CPU is supposed to have a life of 1million hours i.e. if u use it for 10hours a day u can safely assume that it will serve well for 27 years. So u c. modern silicon is pretty reliable. Although when u talk of the Graphic card, of which the silicon is only a part of the story is totally different.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ a gfx card has so many other components unlike cpu and they also effect the lifetime of it and I'm not worried too much - i just want to play it safe ;-)

@ S_V - are you still using the 8800GTS ?? Will not a gfx card shutdwon with such high temps ??

S_V

In the zone
@ S_V - are you still using the 8800GTS ?? Will not a gfx card shutdwon with such high temps ??

Nope... It won't shutdown.... 8800GTS card is used for to test my friends system or will always stay in my second system.. So that my Little Niece and nephew can have second system to Play Video games when they come to my Room.. I don't want them to touch my Main Rig all the time especially when I am in Office... :)) Also I won't sell my Old Vid Cards just like that.. I don't know maybe I don't want to sell them for so low price when we got for High price..
I even have 6600 DDR3 128mb, 6800GS cards tooo..
Also GPU chips can bear that heat but naturally their performance will drop along with life too... But won't die on the spot... This is coming from 1st Generation Fermi Chip Guy too... :wink: .. Fermi 470 and 480 are the worst chip ever made from Nvidia or ATi considering the heat they produce...

Top Bottom