Temperature Issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Having an Intel D102 MotherBoard, Dual Core 2.8 Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM and 160GB SATA HDD.

Was lil worried abt the heat this PC is generating....

Played some heavy games for a while and then noted the readings with HMonitor, they were -

MainBoard - 54 degrees celsius.
CPU - 56 degrees celsius.
HDD - 41 degrees celsius.
Chassis - 1457 rpm. (Don't understood, whts this?)

Are these readings normal?
And wht shud b the standard reading for this config?
Plz also tell the max allowed?

Guys, plz help me out....

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Chasis : 1457 RPM : Fan rotation per minute .

You can use SpeedFan to monitor and control temperature of your system.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Same with me. Around 50-55 degrees. What bothers me is the noise. I think my problem is with power supply as once I had brought my friends pc to use and even it made noise at my place where as it works silently at his place. what should I do about this.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
it_waaznt_me said:
You can use SpeedFan to monitor and control temperature of your system.
In the above link, there is a line -

"Its main feature is that it can change fan speeds (depending on the capabilities of your sensor chip and your hardware) according to the temperatures inside your pc*www.almico.com/speedfan.php#, thus reducing noise."

Hope this software plays safe.... :confused:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
bad_till_bones said:
Having an Intel D102 MotherBoard, Dual Core 2.8 Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM and 160GB SATA HDD.

Played some heavy games for a while and then noted the readings with HMonitor, they were -

Dude , no offence but the temps do seem a bit high .. not the CPU , but particularly the Motherboard and the Harddisk ... those should be kept under 40c by all means ..

Overall the PentiumD runs quite hot , and infact ur temps are quite fine there ..

goobimama

 Macboy
My pentium 4 3.0Ghz used to run at 62C when I used a normal iBall cabinet. Then I got the coolermaster and it reduced to 56C, it still is hot though (runs at around 70C when playing games or HD)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
bad_till_bones said:

There is nothing wrong with your system...Dual Cores run a bit more hotter than the others but it's fine and there is nothing to be alarmed about.
Same with me. Around 50-55 degrees. What bothers me is the noise. I think my problem is with power supply as once I had brought my friends pc to use and even it made noise at my place where as it works silently at his place. what should I do about this.
Do nothing, your sys is fine. Dual Cores & C2D's do make noise at times depending on the stress caused by intensive programs but they are good work horses.

Last edited:
OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thnx to all for ur comments....

Only one thing worries me, and tht is motherboards temperature.

Touching 60 degrees at times....

Shud it b really below 40 degree C? :confused:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
bad_till_bones said:
Thnx to all for ur comments....

Only one thing worries me, and tht is motherboards temperature.

Touching 60 degrees at times....

Shud it b really below 40 degree C? :confused:

upto 60C its not a problem at all

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
is your CPU cabinet airy enuf or placed in well ventilated space & are the fans clean (no dust accumulation).

& btw is your PC a HP Pavilion???

my cousin bought a exactly same configed HP Pavilion Desktop.:D

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
s18000rpm said:
is your CPU cabinet airy enuf or placed in well ventilated space & are the fans clean (no dust accumulation).

& btw is your PC a HP Pavilion???

my cousin bought a exactly same configed HP Pavilion Desktop.:D

Actually it is placed on a right-corner, 7-8 inches from the grnd....so the right and back side of the cabinet is towards the wall. However, both the sides have arnd 3-4 inches of gap from the wall. I think tht description is more than enough....lolz :p (BTW: I don't have anyother choice of keeping it elsewhere....coz the computer table is fixed).

Hope, the location is fine???? :confused:

And its 2 months old PC, so fans are clean :D

No, it’s an assembled PC not a HP Pavilion.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
[quote="caleb]Do nothing, your sys is fine. Dual Cores & C2D's do make noise at times depending on the stress caused by intensive programs but they are good work horses.[/quote]
Thats what I call my comp after the model of my caninet iBall workhorse.
BTW, the noise is continuous.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
casanova said:
Thats what I call my comp after the model of my caninet iBall workhorse.
BTW, the noise is continuous.
Is it every single day or on somdays it is continuous and other days it is not?

My sytsem also makes noise somedays even without stressing it but generally it only makes noise when it is stressed eg. video transcoding/encoding etc.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Everyday every time. At times this noise increases gradually and I know this is because of stress.

neelg22

Broken In
Hello,
I install that software on my pc, and I notice that minimum temprature of my cpu is 63 and after some it rises to 73, and there is no reason for it. this is a perodic condition that temp. get rise and down.

When temp go rise , CPU uses goes to near 100% and fan speed also rises.

I ont know why this is happening. this happens while reading a text file in notepad also.

What is this? what shoul I do now? is this risky for my pc?

I have P4 - 2.8Gz , 256 ram and 80SATA.

Help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom