Technical advice needed

mundu

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am new toi this forum. I have certain questions which you may clarify.

1) In HS 18 in super deal, LG optimus p895 is available for rs20000/- can I get it because the battery is sealed and cannot be removed. Is it okay to buy a mobile where battery cannot be removed?

2) Achinew manufacturer umi is going to sell the umi x2 with full HD during this month. Is it ok to buy this mobile for Rs.14000/-.?

3) which is better micromax a116 or spice mi 530?

4) Can we distinguish between full hd and 1280*720 or 540*960. in a mobile with 5" screen? can our eyes distinghuish them?

Finally if lg optimus p895 is vailable for rs20000/- is it good to purchase it? what are the negative factors for each mobile lg optimus p895, micromax a116, spice mi 530, and umi x2.
Waiting for your reply.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1) In HS 18 in super deal, LG optimus p895 is available for rs20000/- can I get it because the battery is sealed and cannot be removed. Is it okay to buy a mobile where battery cannot be removed?

don't go for Vu. Strange resolution means a lot of apps won't be supported. and its odd to hold.

2) Achinew manufacturer umi is going to sell the umi x2 with full HD during this month. Is it ok to buy this mobile for Rs.14000/-.?

Umi is a famous brand in China but for now it is best to avoid their mobiles unless they establish some service center or we know who'll provide service if anything goes bad. Else it'll turn into another micromax. great hardware, crap service.

3) which is better micromax a116 or spice mi 530?

definitely Micromax 116.

4) Can we distinguish between full hd and 1280*720 or 540*960. in a mobile with 5" screen? can our eyes distinghuish them?

good question. I believe once the pixel per inch crosses 300 it'll look same so for me 1280X720 is more than enough even for 5" display. Also resolution doesn't always mean more sharpness sometimes the images or text appears dull or washed away as the natural colour can't be reproduced that accurately. Commonly happens with desi mobile brands which pack high resolution display in their mobiles. Read reviews.

Finally if lg optimus p895 is vailable for rs20000/- is it good to purchase it? what are the negative factors for each mobile lg optimus p895, micromax a116, spice mi 530, and umi x2.
Waiting for your reply.

P895: odd resolution is more than enough to simply avoid it.
A116: nothing wrong with the mobile. if it works fine, then good. if something breaks, you know.
530: Canvas 2 clone with higher resolution display.
UMI X2: can't say.

OP
M

mundu

Hi Sam, Thank you for your valuable suggesstion and advice. So it is better to get micromax a116 out of these 4. but whether lg vu has any other problem other than odd resolution, and odd size. whether the selaed battery is a benefit or hindrance? Some say that zpice 530 is better than a116 because of its battery, and many sensors. whether any has compared the displays of a116 and spice 530?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi Sam, Thank you for your valuable suggesstion and advice. So it is better to get micromax a116 out of these 4. but whether lg vu has any other problem other than odd resolution, and odd size. whether the selaed battery is a benefit or hindrance? Some say that zpice 530 is better than a116 because of its battery, and many sensors. whether any has compared the displays of a116 and spice 530?

at 15k, you get 3 mobiles: A116 from Micromax. S Advanced from Samsung & L9 (when it appears in HomeShop 18's super deals) from LG. Of all these A116 easily outperforms the other 2 but if you care about service, pick L9/S Adv anyday over A116.

Secondly as your budget is upto 20k, it is best you wait a month. Xperia Z/ZL, Optimus G is launched and Galaxy S3 as well as HTC One will be launched or land this month. this indicates to some more pricecut in current highend mobiles like Xperia SL, Optimus 4X HD or S3 so they are priced close to 20k where it'll be best buy.

usually sealed battery means if ever your mobile gets locked up, you'll have a headache getting the mobile to start again although they ship with some sort of shortcut but headache never the less. Spice 530 is a bit too big at 5.3" and qHD resolution. Though it packs a massive 2500mah battery and 16GB in built memory but if you are paying 15k for a mobile, better go with tried and tested stuff.

Hrishi

L9 otherwise same some money nd buy 116hd. Though, mmx isn't good at a.s.services

vgowtham97

Journeyman
Secondly as your budget is upto 20k, it is best you wait a month. Xperia Z/ZL, Optimus G is launched and Galaxy S3 as well as HTC One will be launched or land this month. this indicates to some more pricecut in current highend mobiles like Xperia SL, Optimus 4X HD or S3 so they are priced close to 20k where it'll be best buy.

Are you sure that these phones will have a price drop?

vgowtham97

Journeyman
there should be. At least Galaxy S3 & Optimus 4X HD are expected to receive some more pricecut, specially 4X HD as it last received a pricedrop several months ago.

What phones will get price drop to below 20k (Expected) ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
You should definitely be able to get SL @18k then as by then 2013 Sony mid rangers will hit the market. You might as well get the Xperia L. It's a FWVGA 4.3 inch screen phone (same as Arc S) but apart from that its superior to SL in every way. It's got dual core krait with Adreno 305 (which is slightly faster than Adreno 220 in SL), more useable RAM, 8mp Exmor RS camera and JB out of the box. Will be priced below 18k.

vgowtham97

Journeyman
You should definitely be able to get SL @18k then as by then 2013 Sony mid rangers will hit the market. You might as well get the Xperia L. It's a FWVGA 4.3 inch screen phone (same as Arc S) but apart from that its superior to SL in every way. It's got dual core krait with Adreno 305 (which is slightly faster than Adreno 220 in SL), more useable RAM, 8mp Exmor RS camera and JB out of the box. Will be priced below 18k.

Any ideas about launch dates?

vgowtham97

Journeyman

But anyway,I am waiting for SL to come down below 20k...At the moment it comes,I am ready to buy...

OP
M

mundu

Hi sam and other members,

Thanks for your guidance. I will definitely wait for the prices to drop so that I can pick up a better phone at this price range.

Top Bottom